Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,634,303 times)

SM

SM

QuoteOne shot, yeah...still, wasn't most of the shots rendered via puppet and blue screen?

Yep.  And lots of them didn't turn out "fine".

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

For real, damn thing was a giant jelly bean every time I saw it on the wall.

But going back to what I was saying originally, they achieved good shots without CG. The Alien running through the corridors for example...that wasn't CG as far as I recall.

SM

SM

Yes it was the puppet, but a lot of those running shots were not good effect shots.

Valaquen

Valaquen

My friends actually laughed at the thing, not a good response for a supposed horror film.

locusta

locusta

Quote from: samoht on Sep 06, 2010, 01:04:37 AM
Quote from: The Hunter of Hunters on Sep 05, 2010, 08:58:06 AM
http://api.ning.com/files/SI-J*e*4HRwuojzwKyTZYACtyeaAvx*jxe7-YYRBONbXI2WXzASMRQY98-KdZ-AWlkEs0JlArr0yDmYftpcZ6B1*UK-OQ1Rw/AlienQueen.jpg

Queen is like twice as big as it should be.

Yes, sad. As well as some design issues.

But nonetheless, Stephane Paris the CG artist how did the models and these shots, did awesome work and I admire it.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Only thing I don't like about that image is the foot. The way it is put makes it look a bit ugly (it looks a bit like it has gout), and it is different from the final design if I recall right.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

And it's f**king enormous. It looks really, really disproportionate to her leg.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah, the actual foot was smaller in the film for what we are given to see if I recall right. But sure as hell it wasn't so fat.

Lie

Lie

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

^ The fingers kinda ruin it for me :-\

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Lie on Sep 06, 2010, 08:59:07 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpk6cb7z5y1qzexpio1_500.jpg
Was searching for this upon Anto's request in that thread.... I love this photo.

#6.0

SM

SM

Doesn't look like a puppet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed