Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,634,108 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I doubt he's a fan of any other design than the original.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Giger liked the queen, if I remember correctly.

The Old One

The Old One

The Alien Queen and the AlienĀ³ design. (Neck excluded.)

Spoiler

My own doodle.  ;D
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

I mostly love the design of the Runner, the pizza cheese neck is not good, but otherwise its a beauty.

The suit work was always distracting for me personally, the rod puppet itself is where the awesome is (even though the actual effect itself didnt look right on film)

Quote from: The Old One on May 09, 2019, 03:05:36 PM
The Alien Queen and the AlienĀ³ design. (Neck excluded.)

Spoiler
My own doodle.  ;D
[close]

Sweet doodle, very sleek.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Huggs

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

I unabashedly adore Giger's 3 design. I seem to remember a sketch he did comparing the original to his ideas for 3 but can't find it. Whether you agree or not it's interesting to see what he thought could be changed. I love it as a more bestial yet streamline, quadrupedal Alien.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The Old One

The Old One

Top tier pharyngeal mouth design.

xxx

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Gilfryd on May 11, 2019, 06:14:12 PM
I unabashedly adore Giger's 3 design. I seem to remember a sketch he did comparing the original to his ideas for 3 but can't find it. Whether you agree or not it's interesting to see what he thought could be changed. I love it as a more bestial yet streamline, quadrupedal Alien.
Try the H.R. GIGER's FILMDESIGN book.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What I could never understand is what he had against the tubes when he seemed to have no problem with them in one of the art pieces that inspired Alien in the first place:

426Buddy

426Buddy

Must have changed his mind.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Or he just wanted to see another of his art pieces adapted for the silver screen instead.  Otherwise, it's quite the coincidence that his Alien 3 design more closely resembles Necronom V:

The Old One

The Old One

I'd say so.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed