Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,634,251 times)

delsaber8

delsaber8

That's a nice picture right there, got to love Giger's Alien. :)

DoomRulz

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

As long as the hand shower head doesn't shoot out acid.

Nelizar The Hybrid

Nelizar The Hybrid

So... here's on you guys might like, its a queen Chestburster, atleast thats what the description was when I found it XD

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on Feb 28, 2011, 11:29:27 PM
El topico pot favor?

Youre right, but the last thing I wanna ad on this topic is to summarize and say that for me at least the work in progress was far, far superior to the finished suit

SiL

SiL

Even though it's the same thing that appears in the movie but with two extra pieces glued on that were always meant to be there.

Ugh.

It'd be like me bitching about the WIP suits because they don't have heads.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: SiL on Mar 01, 2011, 06:08:35 AM
Even though it's the same thing that appears in the movie but with two extra pieces glued on that were always meant to be there.

Ugh.

Sil, its not the same way. The slime, new paintjob and who knows what else covers up the airbrushed work.
You had a good point that most of Giger's paint work isnt visible on the screen, but theyre always visible in the production photos, yet not one of the pics from the production reveals the "decorations" and designs painted on the suit.
The suit was all grey and brown in all the scenes. The alien shows no signs of the airbrushed goods, yet the suit-at-work was very silvery with strong black designs on it. It looked like a 3 dimensional, human shaped painting. Here, I took a screenshot specially for all you where you see the suit as clear as day and the changes as clear as day and theres no lightning or cinematography to pin the fault on. Its a different paintjob that covered up what would be Giger's prominent palette and covering up details.

My point  is that they are not the same, they are changed/modified

SiL

SiL

See my comments on the paintjobs from the first two movies almost never being visible while the suits were on-set. The middle picture is clearly affected by lighting and image conditions as no suit on-set was brown; they were all grey. The brown colouring in the finished movie came from the lighting and cinematography.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: StrangeShape on Mar 01, 2011, 07:19:28 AM

In the middle picture, which is definitely the final suit, you can see the details. They're damn clear in there.
And it's got shoulders...

War Wager

War Wager

Someone has to edit this pic, it's asking for it:

predxeno

predxeno

I'm guessing the last pic is of one of the PSN costumes for Playstation Home, really wish I was able to get those. :'(

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: War Wager on Mar 01, 2011, 03:14:43 PM

This one is weird. Feet, hands, and head are ginormous.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 01, 2011, 02:29:19 PM

In the middle picture, which is definitely the final suit, you can see the details. They're damn clear in there.
And it's got shoulders...

Theyre there, but 1) not as prominent and clear as in those side photos, 2) the airbrush work is gone along with the shining silver and black traditional Giger colors

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Again, look at the lighting. :P
The two side pictures have a clear green-yellow tint, that emphasizes the airbrushings - The middle picture has a brown-bronze tint, similar to that of the film, and it doesn't highlight the details. That is why they're 'not as prominent' - the cinematography is the key. They didn't water the thing down at all!

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Mar 01, 2011, 06:08:35 AM

Ugh.

Sil, its not the same way. The slime, new paintjob and who knows what else covers up the airbrushed work.
You had a good point that most of Giger's paint work isnt visible on the screen, but theyre always visible in the production photos, yet not one of the pics from the production reveals the "decorations" and designs painted on the suit.
The suit was all grey and brown in all the scenes. The alien shows no signs of the airbrushed goods, yet the suit-at-work was very silvery with strong black designs on it. It looked like a 3 dimensional, human shaped painting. Here, I took a screenshot specially for all you where you see the suit as clear as day and the changes as clear as day and theres no lightning or cinematography to pin the fault on. Its a different paintjob that covered up what would be Giger's prominent palette and covering up details.

My point  is that they are not the same, they are changed/modified

Who gives a shit what the suit looks like under less than optimal lighting in a workshop, if it looks good on screen?  That's what it was designed and built to do and by and large it does.

Despite inconsistencies with the puppet, the suit always seemed to be pretty consistent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed