Best pic of an Alien

Started by War Wager, Sep 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM

Author
Best pic of an Alien (Read 1,634,276 times)

Gash

Gash

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 20, 2011, 03:33:49 PM
Quote from: Gash on Feb 20, 2011, 12:47:24 AM
Adapted for dome enthusiasts.

Prefer the original dome design over the 'shop job; love the opaqueness it has. Solid just isn't doing it for me.

Shall you tell him or shall I?   :laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Let sleeping dogs lie!

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Both made with Halcyon ALIEN/ALIENS model kit heads.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Not the best quality but rare nonetheless

arachnophilia

arachnophilia

Quote from: Gash on Feb 20, 2011, 04:39:46 PM

Prefer the original dome design over the 'shop job; love the opaqueness it has. Solid just isn't doing it for me.

i'll do it.

o·paque
   /oʊˈpeɪk/ Show Spelled [oh-peyk] Show IPA adjective, noun, verb, o·paqued, o·paqu·ing.
–adjective
not transparent or translucent; impenetrable to light; not allowing light to pass through.

trans·lu·cent
   /trænsˈlusənt, trænz-/ Show Spelled[trans-loo-suhnt, tranz-] Show IPA
–adjective
permitting light to pass through but diffusing it so that persons, objects, etc., on the opposite side are not clearly visible: Frosted window glass is translucent but not transparent.

trans·par·ent
   /trænsˈpɛərənt, -ˈpær-/ Show Spelled[trans-pair-uhnt, -par-] Show IPA
–adjective
having the property of transmitting rays of light through its substance so that bodies situated beyond or behind can be distinctly seen.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: arachnophilia on Feb 21, 2011, 03:04:22 AM
Quote from: Gash on Feb 20, 2011, 04:39:46 PM

i'll do it.

o·paque
   /oʊˈpeɪk/ Show Spelled [oh-peyk] Show IPA adjective, noun, verb, o·paqued, o·paqu·ing.
–adjective
not transparent or translucent; impenetrable to light; not allowing light to pass through.

trans·lu·cent
   /trænsˈlusənt, trænz-/ Show Spelled[trans-loo-suhnt, tranz-] Show IPA
–adjective
permitting light to pass through but diffusing it so that persons, objects, etc., on the opposite side are not clearly visible: Frosted window glass is translucent but not transparent.

trans·par·ent
   /trænsˈpɛərənt, -ˈpær-/ Show Spelled[trans-pair-uhnt, -par-] Show IPA
–adjective
having the property of transmitting rays of light through its substance so that bodies situated beyond or behind can be distinctly seen.

Ok, so my English was a tad off :P I just meant to say that in the picture provided, the dome looked totally solid, ergo no transparency at all.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

And in the original picture, there wasn't any dome.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I wasn't referring to the original picture, go figure.

Gash

Gash

Ok, but this seems to say you like the dome over the 'shop' job, but the 'shop' job is the only one with the dome. There's no dome' opaque or otherwise in the real photo. And I went out of my way to ensure that in adding it, it was semi-transparent and that the detail beneath could be seem. Perhaps a bigger version is needed to see that. I'm an Alien purist I'm not going to deliberately screw that up if I can help it.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I, for one, like it a lot.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Yeah, looks pretty much perfect.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

i can see some odd reflections on the dome, if you touch that a little, i could pass it as real.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed