Aliens: Fireteam Elite Achievements Gives Us Campaign & Difficulty Names, & New Enemy Type!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 24, 2021, 08:44:16 AM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Elite Achievements Gives Us Campaign & Difficulty Names, & New Enemy Type! (Read 9,022 times)

SiL

I find your general attitude repugnant. At this point we're done and the topic can hopefully resume.

Voodoo Magic

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 25, 2021, 08:10:30 PM
Surely? Nonsense.

One might in fact hope that any potential Isolation 2 and Isolation 3 attempts something more new and not as derivative the following times, drawing on all of the mythology instead of just the original film, we already have that and it is perfect.

Personally I'd love something that maintained the spirit of the original Isolation but with Amanda Ripley's story being essentially done forged their own path, perhaps even something exploiting the narrative Alex White set up with Cold Forge and Into Charybdis, by drawing upon the Prequel mythology of Alien Covenant primarily whilst inhabiting a more believable reality.

Eh, not too sure about that. I like prequels and I love Isolation but I don't want them in the same room. Isolation wasn't about the story or mythology, it was about The Experience really and in its (probably impossible at this point) sequel I would want more of that and not some deep philosophical stuff about God, humanity, creation etc

Immortan Jonesy

As in the case of the Neomorph, I like that pale & ghostly coloration 👻 ~ ^°^

Actually, I wish Prometheus had more new-monster action, and back to the game I'm digging the trilobite-like beast and I'm glad the prequel lore remains active, despite the divided reception.  :laugh:

SiL

I think I'd prefer it if the goo was used to create all the word and whacky enemies, and the Aliens were left to their film iterations and treated as the tougher enemy.

Sort of like how Metroid games typically feature very little Metroid, but when they do they're a nightmare.

Kradan

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 26, 2021, 05:18:10 AM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 25, 2021, 08:10:30 PM
Surely? Nonsense.

One might in fact hope that any potential Isolation 2 and Isolation 3 attempts something more new and not as derivative the following times, drawing on all of the mythology instead of just the original film, we already have that and it is perfect.

Personally I'd love something that maintained the spirit of the original Isolation but with Amanda Ripley's story being essentially done forged their own path, perhaps even something exploiting the narrative Alex White set up with Cold Forge and Into Charybdis, by drawing upon the Prequel mythology of Alien Covenant primarily whilst inhabiting a more believable reality.
Eh, not too sure about that. I like prequels and I love Isolation but I don't want them in the same room. Isolation wasn't about the story or mythology, it was about The Experience really and in its (probably impossible at this point) sequel I would want more of that and not some deep philosophical stuff about God, humanity, creation etc

I am not saying it ought to imitate the Prequels, just use their ideas, just that a valid criticism I witnessed levied against Isolation being that it is overly derivative of the original film.

Personally I felt it got by on that, and the strength of the experience as you rightly say, and it inhabiting a world that felt like a natural expansion felt correct also because of the theme of closure surrounding Ellen Ripley's fate running through the narrative.

With that completed I think Amanda Ripley's arc's fulfilled and as the expanded universe showed us, you can make her go on other adventures, but the character itself's got nowhere to go.

So I think if another one ever got the greenlight, they have to embrace the whole mythology and create their own unique take on a colony or prison or both, or something completely new the successive times and that goes not just for the environments but thematically and narratively without a Ripley.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed