Could Fox acquisition by Disney affect The Predator at any level ?

Started by BigDaddyJohn, Dec 14, 2017, 02:29:38 PM

Author
Could Fox acquisition by Disney affect The Predator at any level ? (Read 7,784 times)

Hollywood

Yeah I agree, it's just nice to hear straight from the horse's mouth.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Hollywood on Mar 08, 2018, 11:25:55 PM
Yeah I agree, it's just nice to hear straight from the horse's mouth.
[/quote

Totally agree, a little bit of straight forward talk is good !  ;)

Johnny Handsome

I don't know why you guys think thats so good, at least for Predator.

Fox Searchlight mostly did arthouse-pictures and stuff for limited audiences, they never did anything like Alien/Predator, and the way it sounds they want to keep it that way, that's the whole reason they want to maintain searchlight.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 09, 2018, 01:06:24 PM

Fox Searchlight mostly did arthouse-pictures and stuff for limited audiences, they never did anything like Alien/Predator, and the way it sounds they want to keep it that way, that's the whole reason they want to maintain searchlight.

You think that would be a problem budget-wise ?

D88M

Quote from: Hollywood on Mar 08, 2018, 09:41:26 PM
True but I think this attitude indicates they're not looking to 'Disnify' everything they produce.

Doubt it, they already did that with their new major franchises, they have totally deformed something that i love like Marvel comic books and made movies that have barely any resemblance to the Marvel characters and their stories, they made some pretty dumb choices with Star Wars too, i would not be surprised if they turned Alien/Predator into comedies too

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 09, 2018, 01:08:57 PM

Not budget-wise, but image-wise. The way it sounds they want to keep Seachlight to continue to make "oscar stuff" and arthouse pictures, i don't think they want to release mainstream stuff like Predator under this banner. But we'll see.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 09, 2018, 01:27:07 PM

Not budget-wise, but image-wise. The way it sounds they want to keep Seachlight to continue to make "oscar stuff" and arthouse pictures, i don't think they want to release mainstream stuff like Predator under this banner. But we'll see.

Oh god my bad  :laugh: i was thinking about Fox Atomic which is now defunct  :laugh:

And yes i think you have a point about the oscar stuff.

Hollywood

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 09, 2018, 01:27:07 PM

Could it be under a different banner, though? They used Touchstone Pictures for that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed