"Spitter Alien" thoughts?

Started by Edvin, Oct 20, 2012, 01:14:29 PM

Author
"Spitter Alien" thoughts? (Read 6,442 times)

DUB1

DUB1

Quote from: Edvin on Oct 22, 2012, 06:19:13 PM
QuoteThere were really pigs???

yeah this, i always thought they were dogs, but dog-aliens can surely come from pigs, since they are all quadrupedal animals.

Which still doesn't explain why only quadrupedal Aliens could spit acid, according to you.

Edvin

Edvin

to quote the holy PAC:
Quote"thats just the way it is, things will never be the same"

Bjørn Half-hand

All these different alien breeds/classes as far as I'm concerned are purely there for gameplay variety. They can crowbar in reasons/roles within the hive to explain why they are there all they want but personally I'll never buy it (their explanations that is, not the game, that I haven't decided on yet).
TBH I don't see any in-universe/lore reason for the new aliens as why do these aliens need a special alien to make tunnels, why do they need another that can spit acid?
No as far as I'm concerned they were added purely for gameplay variety (which is perfectly reasonable) and these reasons for them are pointless.

SM

SM

Quote from: Blacklabel on Oct 22, 2012, 09:09:55 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 22, 2012, 07:52:29 AMthe beginnings of dorsal tubes.

huh? Are you just kidding or is that in the actual film? :P
Spoiler
how did i miss that? :laugh:
[close]

???

'Cos they're almost impossible to spot in the finished film.  There's behind the scenes pics of scars on Ripley's back.  You can just make one out at around 6:50 into the special edition (when she's coming out of the bag).  The idea was she started to grow them and they were surgically removed.

Quoteyeah this, i always thought they were dogs, but dog-aliens can surely come from pigs, since they are all quadrupedal animals.

Dogs - shave dogs no less - are hanging on meat hooks in a kitchen? [avoid racial stereotype humour here].

The pigs aren't shown to be bursted either.

Quote from: Edvin on Oct 22, 2012, 07:28:00 PM
to quote the holy PAC:
Quote"thats just the way it is, things will never be the same"

to quote the holy SM:
QuoteYou're making shit up.

The Runner

The Runner

Any stills of the dogs or pigs??

SM

SM

No dogs.

I don't have stills handy of the pigs, but if you have a hankering, one is visible behind Ripley and Call at 1:07:39 (SE) and three more at 1:08:25.

Gate

Gate

I always enjoyed the Bestiary that AVP Extinction had.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: SM on Oct 22, 2012, 10:34:35 PM
'Cos they're almost impossible to spot in the finished film.  There's behind the scenes pics of scars on Ripley's back.  You can just make one out at around 6:50 into the special edition (when she's coming out of the bag).  The idea was she started to grow them and they were surgically removed.

Waaa! Thanks for the info :)

Edvin

Edvin

Quote from: Gate on Oct 23, 2012, 12:47:00 AM
I always enjoyed the Bestiary that AVP Extinction had.
Check my personal text, also, Extinction is still mattel level canon. bleugh.
Spoiler
OSWOCS!?
[close]

Gate

Gate

The hierarchy class they had set up wasn't too extreme given the Military Predators and Heavy Marines. The Carrier and Ravager would make horrible enemies to fight in an FPS- horrible in the fact that you're f**ked if you try to take them on single-handedly.

Arcangel

Arcangel

Quote from: Gate on Oct 21, 2012, 04:26:46 PM
Take note that the Aliens in A:R were genetic f**kups.

And that the movie itself was just as much of a f**kup. Sure the special effects were interesting, but the story sucked, the acting was weak, the aliens were stupid (i mean come on. Waiting for like 10 minutes before chasing the characters, then promptly sticking it's face into a shotgun? They are WAY smarter than that) the lesbian build-up between Cole and Ripley didn't lead to anything but a gay kiss with the wheel chair dude and Ron Proman (WTF), the military ran like pussys, the black guy could bounce a bullet with impeccable accuracy off every niche, every corner and flat surface imaginable, but a 7 foot alien standing right the f**k in front of him was a challenge to hit, and when it died he could have easily kicked the aliens body off, but instead he cut himself loose, supposedly 'died' when he fell in the water, even though the facehuggers were destroyed as well as the xenomorphs in the water, Cole was a synthetic sex toy (according to Ron Proman) and the Human/Alien hybrid was a F**KED UP last minute plot twist that lead to some very gruesome deaths and wierd incest shit with ripley. Overall, it's a total disgrace to the alien franchise, and thus not even worth mentioning for ideas in Colonial Marines. Just...No.

Holy ramble, i apologize. That movie was just....ugh, I don't even want to think about it anymore.

bobby brown

bobby brown

According to fans, and nothing else.

So tired of hearing this.

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

Quote from: bobby brown on Nov 03, 2012, 02:19:14 PM

They has to have been genetic screw ups because they looked awful and nothing like original aliens

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Queen7 on Nov 04, 2012, 02:28:15 PM
Quote from: bobby brown on Nov 03, 2012, 02:19:14 PM

They has to have been genetic screw ups because they looked awful and nothing like original aliens

isn't the theory that they have some human DNA mixed up in there somewhere?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The fact the A:R Aliens were mutants (according to the guys at ADI too), but that is irrelevant... the Alien in Alien3 was shown spitting, or at least emitting acid as a method of offense. It attacked Murphy that way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed