Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite

Started by PAS Spinelli, Mar 03, 2021, 09:49:26 PM

Author
Every Enemy and Non-Human Creatures in Aliens Fireteam Elite (Read 67,426 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: tralaritralara on Aug 07, 2021, 06:45:27 PM
No, it is most obvious that it is not.

And why you finish all your setences with a lol. Is that todays teens way of using the full stop punctuation mark or something?

Look, back in the day when I was 12-13 years old I thought that lol meant some sort of insult. And then I discovered it stands for "laughing out loud"  ;)

SpreadEagleBeagle

I think the Drones and the Warriors are pretty accurate when it comes to height. The Runners however seem way too small. I mean, in the end of A3, when it's fully grown, it was Big and seemed to be the same size as a Drone/Warrior.

The Runners in this game are kind of in the in-between-size of the Bambi-Burster stage and the Runner stage seen in A3.

Then on the other hand the Runners in this game originate from even smaller hosts than a dog. 

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 08, 2021, 12:15:27 AM
I think the Drones and the Warriors are pretty accurate when it comes to height. The Runners however seem way too small. I mean, in the end of A3, when it's fully grown, it was Big and seemed to be the same size as a Drone/Warrior.

The Runners in this game are kind of in the in-between-size of the Bambi-Burster stage and the Runner stage seen in A3.

Then on the other hand the Runners in this game originate from even smaller hosts than a dog.

pls stop making me post this, from the third person fov everything will look small to your character, but when compared to other players outside your pov you can see how big the Runner is

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 08, 2021, 01:40:35 AM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 08, 2021, 12:15:27 AM

pls stop making me post this, from the third person fov everything will look small to your character, but when compared to other players outside your pov you can see how big the Runner is

Dude, that's the one shot it looks small where's in the rest it's presented as much bigger.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

This is why we argued over at GG that you can't use out of universe info to come up with in universe explanations.  If you are going with suits, vs props, vs puppets vs cgi you are never going to get the correct size of the Alien............because they are all different sizes.  GG and IMDB went to war over this, and GG was right. 

My personal take on the runner was that it was much smaller built, but if it stood on its hind legs, its actual height was comparable to the rest of them.  Hence why it looks smaller in most of its scenes, but sometimes when it rears  up to attack it towers over the human characters. 

I'll also take Ripley's in universe explanation to Andrews that he parrots back to her. That the Aliens from the previous movies were 8' tall.  Since she is the only human at that time that has survived multiple encounters with said creature, I'll take her word for it. 

tralaritralara

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 08:17:53 PM
There is no CGI in that scene, it's actually puppetry. ;D
You have to lie when running out of argumentary?, It is precisely another cgi runner, where he shows his front part before picking up the body from the floor. Perfect counter-example to the pic you persist to post again and again to make others believe the runner was tiny. Nice try!

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 08:17:53 PMStop cherry-picking scenes to support your flawed logic, the Runner isn't huge, none of the movie aliens except the Queen are taller than 3 meters, I have absolutely no idea why or where you got the ideal the Aliens are huge when it's literally stated the original was just a bit over 2 meters tall.
This definitely proves you don't have literally a clue what you're talking about. The runner "isn't huge" is the very first proof of it, and also not knowing the classic puppets where almost 3m tall comes along to support it.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 08:17:53 PMAlso, fancy seeing you trying to judge the way I type, unaware to your own terrible grammar lmfao
You're obviously a child. Just look at the way you write, finishing everything with lols and imaos and what else. Have you tried to stop for a minute and check all of that?, of course not, because you seem to be that entitled as well.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 08:17:53 PMThe suit in that pick is hanging from a wall lol, if you want to get people to take you serious, stop cherry picking images and taking em out of context to make shit up.
The puppet once again is hanging in order to keep the body straight. Problem is that, like in the pic of the runner I posted to counter yours, I doesn't suit your view of the aliens being small, which at the very least not only is hilarious but also proves you don't have a clue.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 08:17:53 PMThe original Alien is officially 7'2, the Aliens from the sequel are the same as they are meant to be the same height.
That's Bloaji's Badejo size in the suit, the dude that played the alien in the first movie. Do you even know who we are talking about?, however, the puppet Giger made for the movie was around 2'96, like Lady D again to put you a recent example of how the alien should size on screen, and that was the official size, not only for the classic but also for the warrior that would come later, as you can appreciate in the pic I posted before. Yeah, the one you say it is hanging and the foot don't touch the ground. Oh well..

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 08:17:53 PMNo game aside from Isolation had the basic aliens being taller than that.
Because all of them sacrificed the size of the classics in the name of "gameplay", alleging hitboxes issues and what else. See?, you don't even know this too, but still keep spreading your non-sense in all directions. The alien in isolation has just been the closes representation to the original, but was still off the mark, and not only size wise, but sounds and appearance as well.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 08:17:53 PMHere are some few examples of Aliens being far smaller than what you claim they are
All of them wrong, again. Refer to the paragraph above to remember why.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 08:17:53 PMAlso, before you try using this image, I'll let you know that Lambert is 5'6, while the Alien is 7'2 ;D
Yeah yeah, like I've had to explained you for the tenth time, that's the official size for the actor in the suit, whose name you probably didn't even know until I had to post it for you. Again before you forget: the official puppet = around 2'96cm. Bolaji in his suit= around 2'20cm If I recall well, little less maybe.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 08:17:53 PMAnd incase you don't know what 7'2, that means it's 2 meter and 18 centimeters tall
Yeah, refer to the paragraph above this.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 07, 2021, 08:17:53 PMfar, FAR, far smaller than Isolation's 3 m tall Alien
Yet again you don't have a clue. Isolation alien was around 2'57-2'60cm, not three meters tall.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

H.R Giger created a puppet for Big Chap?
I'd like to see this thing.
I have never heard of it.

And even if it exists I'm not sure why that holds more credence than how they appear on-screen that's around eight feet tall and stated as such in the dialogue.

And yes the one in Alien³'s a combination of a suit like in Aliens and Alien and a puppet composited into the film only the shadows being computer generated imagery.

Hemi

Hemi

Quote"(The puppets) stand almost eight feet tall - the same size as, yet even thinner than, the original alien" - Stan Winston, Aliens Official Movie Magazine 1986

End of discussion?  :D (prob not...)

http://www.jamescamerononline.com/AlienWarrior.htm

Kradan

Kradan

This thread keeps on giving  ;D

tralaritralara

Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 08, 2021, 10:42:32 AM

And even if it exists I'm not sure why that holds more credence than how they appear on-screen that's around eight feet tall and stated as such in the dialogue.

And yes the one in Alien³'s a combination of a suit like in Aliens and Alien and a puppet composited into the film only the shadows being computer generated imagery.
upload img
image upload

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

LOL Trala doesn't know Alien 3 didn't have CGI hahahahaha

QuoteYou have to lie when running out of argumentary?, It is precisely another cgi runner, where he shows his front part before picking up the body from the floor. Perfect counter-example to the pic you persist to post again and again to make others believe the runner was tiny. Nice try!

;D

QuoteThis definitely proves you don't have literally a clue what you're talking about. The runner "isn't huge" is the very first proof of it, and also not knowing the classic puppets where almost 3m tall comes along to support it

Many thanks to @Hemi for linking this, from Cameron's website itself :D

QuoteYou're obviously a child. Just look at the way you write, finishing everything with lols and imaos and what else. Have you tried to stop for a minute and check all of that?, of course not, because you seem to be that entitled as well.
Terrible grammar and old, whatever makes you feel better about yourself

QuoteThe puppet once again is hanging in order to keep the body straight. Problem is that, like in the pic of the runner I posted to counter yours, I doesn't suit your view of the aliens being small, which at the very least not only is hilarious but also proves you don't have a clue.
I really like how all those claims you make have absolutely no source, you have yet to bring any source to say the Aliens are actually nine foot tall, all you do is make up stuff on the spot with literally nothing backing it up.

QuoteThat's Bloaji's Badejo size in the suit, the dude that played the alien in the first movie. Do you even know who we are talking about?, however, the puppet Giger made for the movie was around 2'96, like Lady D again to put you a recent example of how the alien should size on screen, and that was the official size, not only for the classic but also for the warrior that would come later, as you can appreciate in the pic I posted before. Yeah, the one you say it is hanging and the foot don't touch the ground. Oh well..

From The Officially Authorized Magazine of the Movie Alien
And as a bonus, Ripley's description of them being around 8 ft tall is still accurate as they are indeed almost 8 ft tall in the sequel, and Cameron notes em as just a bit taller, again, thanks to @Hemi for this.

QuoteBecause all of them sacrificed the size of the classics in the name of "gameplay", alleging hitboxes issues and what else. See?, you don't even know this too, but still keep spreading your non-sense in all directions. The alien in isolation has just been the closes representation to the original, but was still off the mark, and not only size wise, but sounds and appearance as well.
Nope, it's because you never had any idea of how tall the aliens actually were ;D

QuoteAll of them wrong, again. Refer to the paragraph above to remember why.
Wrong only in your imagination

QuoteYeah yeah, like I've had to explained you for the tenth time, that's the official size for the actor in the suit, whose name you probably didn't even know until I had to post it for you. Again before you forget: the official puppet = around 2'96cm. Bolaji in his suit= around 2'20cm If I recall well, little less maybe.
The official size as cited by the The Officially Authorized Magazine of the Movie Alien, a book you probably didn't even know until I had to post it for you ;)

Trala, you really should start linking your sources, as it really feels like you are pulling shit out of your arse to complain about a non-existing issue.

Quote from: tralaritralara on Aug 08, 2021, 08:49:38 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Aug 08, 2021, 10:42:32 AM

upload img
image upload
That's a suit lol, the first 2 has Badejo in it, while the third is just Giger making the suit, the suit isn't 9 ft tall either haha

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Whenever the Runner/Dragon stands on it's hind legs in A3, grabbing it's prey by the head, it's at least a head and a half taller than it's prey. I mean, look at Clemens and Dillon for example.

You simply pick wonky rod puppet shots to "prove" that it's small while we all know very well that they had problems with the lighting and scaling of that thing. And that puppet was never intended to be built and utilized as a full-scale model puppet like the ones in ALIEN/ALIENS as the A3 puppet was used simply for full-body trick shots where a man in a suit obviously couldn't be used due to the Runner's quadruped animal-like physiology. The Alien in ALIEN was at least 7'2" tall whereas the ALIENS puppet suggested that the fully matured specimens in that movie could be as tall as 8 feet.

The Runner/Dragon was at least 7" feet tall when standing on its hind legs. The Runners in this game look more like they would be the same height as the player if they stood on their hind legs, if even that.

The reason the Runners in this game are scaled down in size is probably due to the fact that they are the standard cannon fodder enemy when it comes to the Aliens in this game. If they were as big and imposing as the Drones and Warriors, they would have to make them tougher or harder to kill as it would seem weird if they went down after a burst or two like that. Personally I think that they should've had Facehuggers on the loose as the cannon fodder enemy. Sure, they are harder to hit and there would be a lot of anti-grappling button pushing if they manage to latch onto you, which would get old really fast. But from an in-universe immersive point of view it would make more sense as Facehuggers seem more expendable and are unarmed and much, much weaker than adult Aliens. Either that or have the run-of-the-mill Alien enemy being Bambi-Burster aliens, which are very similar to the Backbursters in A:C btw while letting the Runners take the role of Prowlers.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Aug 08, 2021, 11:14:11 PM
Whenever the Runner/Dragon stands on it's hind legs in A3, grabbing it's prey by the head, it's at least a head and a half taller than it's prey. I mean, look at Clemens and Dillon for example.

You simply pick wonky rod puppet shots to "prove" that it's small while we all know very well that they had problems with the lighting and scaling of that thing. And that puppet was never intended to be built and utilized as a full-scale model puppet like the ones in ALIEN/ALIENS as the A3 puppet was used simply for full-body trick shots where a man in a suit obviously couldn't be used due to the Runner's quadruped animal-like physiology. The Alien in ALIEN was at least 7'2" tall whereas the ALIENS puppet suggested that the fully matured specimens in that movie could be as tall as 8 feet.

The Runner/Dragon was at least 7" feet tall when standing on its hind legs. The Runners in this game look more like they would be the same height as the player if they stood on their hind legs, if even that.

The reason the Runners in this game are scaled down in size is probably due to the fact that they are the standard cannon fodder enemy when it comes to the Aliens in this game. If they were as big and imposing as the Drones and Warriors, they would have to make them tougher or harder to kill as it would seem weird if they went down after a burst or two like that. Personally I think that they should've had Facehuggers on the loose as the cannon fodder enemy. Sure, they are harder to hit and there would be a lot of anti-grappling button pushing if they manage to latch onto you, which would get old really fast. But from an in-universe immersive point of view it would make more sense as Facehuggers seem more expendable and are unarmed and much, much weaker than adult Aliens. Either that or have the run-of-the-mill Alien enemy being Bambi-Burster aliens, which are very similar to the Backbursters in A:C btw while letting the Runners take the role of Prowlers.
The runner is taller than a human, what I'm saying is that the one in this game is too, it's never fully standing in-game(even when crouched), but it's still far bigger than a human

I'm not saying that the movie one is tiny, I'm saying that the one in this game isn't tiny

PVTDukeMorrison

What is going on in this thread

Huggs

Huggs

Death by minutiae.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed