Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 627,598 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 25, 2021, 09:09:05 PM
I don't know anything about it, just vaguely that character from osmosis, have not watched anime in years. But if you want to talk about it I'm more than happy to listen. I just think Felix's genuinely cute.

Well then you likely have no idea what I meant by my "demonically inspired" reference.

Spoiler

[close]

:)

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 25, 2021, 09:09:05 PM
You will one day I'm sure just hang in there. 😊

I'm actually thinking of dating for the first time as something to do after the pandemic, I've often put it off because of striving for greater independence all these years, and while it's indeed important I also am starting to believe that I have also used it as an excuse to lock myself away from deeper relations with people for my own guarded reasons, when really from I've come to realize independence and relationships can coexist.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I do like shorter hair on girls though but not my type.
Also don't really get the maid outfit thing.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I have literally never understood a single fashion choice in anime.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Hairbands and bows and ribbons though? Pretty universally considered cute.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I myself just accept that it comes with the territory, but thankfully I like the character and the show for a lot more than just the outfits.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 25, 2021, 09:51:04 PM

That's because you only get to see the western versions. On Japanese TV everyone is nude all the time.

SM

SM

Flares and your number in the pecking order.  What's not to understand?

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: SM on Apr 26, 2021, 05:09:05 AM
Is that Evangelion, fellow kids?

Yessir.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 26, 2021, 05:04:16 AM
Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 26, 2021, 12:08:55 AM
Maybe in a better world.

Your verdict?

Groundbreaking, even though the original ending was shit.  I'm enjoying the remake movies more.

I prefer End of Evangelion over the TV ending too, though I remember last time I even liked it quite a bit. I'd always watch EoE first tho, it's overall atmosphere just fits the downward spiral the last episodes establish way better. Often watch the TV ending a couple of days later, cause I'm too wrecked lul.

I enjoy the new films but they're nowhere the Series for me. Think mainly because they (overall) lack the depressive angle that makes the original such an outstanding piece of art. The way Anno transformed certain critical stages of his own worn out mental world into a boombastic brightly colored Mecha action show will eternally amaze me.

Love the characters too.

SM

SM

That's the one that started with rock 'em sock 'em robots and ended up with "ARRGGH!!!  MY PARENTS f**kED ME UUUUPPPP!!!"

kwisatz

kwisatz

You're not wrong.

But I would argue it starts with both and ends with both. Maybe there's a tad more MY PARENTS f***KED ME UUUPPP towards the end tho..   

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

kwisatz

kwisatz

For shizzle.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 26, 2021, 05:47:08 AM
Love the characters too.

Do all German girls act like Asuka?

kwisatz

kwisatz

Only the ones whose Mothers hung themselves.

Actually German girls are more Rei.

I feel stranged, only slept two hours. Contemplating watching Hard to be a God now lul --

Kradan

Kradan

Happy Alien Day, AvPGalaxy !

Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Trash Queen on Apr 26, 2021, 07:18:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnM1ELC6iLY

Mostly not. Mostly

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 25, 2021, 10:07:35 PM

That's because you only get to see the western versions. On Japanese TV everyone is nude all the time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed