*Spoilers* Covenant Being a Colony Ship + Eggmorphing?

Started by hollypops, Jan 23, 2017, 11:15:08 AM

Author
*Spoilers* Covenant Being a Colony Ship + Eggmorphing? (Read 3,867 times)

banecat

this is a lovely thread
maybe time travel will explain the 2000 years ha

fiveways

Quote from: hollypops on Jan 24, 2017, 07:25:56 AM
Good point about those being Engineers solidified on Paradise forgot about that - it would seem somewhat strange to have 2 instances of beings found  supposedly fossilised - with the Jockey in a static position its was perhaps easier to assume that he had been sat there for thousands of year ,however having seen them frozen in an action pose kind of debunks the fossilisation theory ,giving rise to more an instantaneous reaction- or exposure  Pompeii style.

Or maybe the burst happens before the fossilization takes place with the jockey suit.  Maybe it comes just a few moments to late.

Infected

Maybe the suit loses its energy when the host dies and therefor rotting quickly.

hollypops

Just another thought-  we have yet to see what the light cannon of the Jockey chair can actually do,perhaps this capable of vaporizing organic material ?

motherfather

In Alien I was convinced the cannon was a telescope or navigation fine-tuning device.

Before Prometheus release I thought it was a birthing/impregnation device.

Then after Prometheus release, after having seen squidgy white buttons elsewhere, I thought it was some kind of auotopilot manual override navigation device.

Now I'm not exactly sure what to think of it.

cliffhanger

its a mechanic peynus that shoots loads upon puttin some effort in it.

it has a good load of black goo to squirt all over a planet or area. supposedly, some android finds a way to play with engineer weener-device and does something messy.

after all, the engineers supposedly are not able to use their ding-dong anymore, or just lack productive ding-dongery capabilities alltogether, so they found a way to still use the didgeridoo but it has to be mechanical. that's where the suit comes in. the mechanical peynus is hard-wired to the pilot by some kinky cables that go into a very tight mechanical suit, that is doing very much stimu-stimu-stimulation.
to make things even more kinky-dinky, the (ab)user gets a mask put on, which has a very suspicious slong connected to it which suggestedly - after all, nobody said it doesnt - houses a tubular object like that of a facehugger, and might feed oxygen (or whatever goes) orally to the creature that decided to take a seat on that centre seat.

in other words, it's just a really really big alien fleshlight...........

MostlyAtNight

Interesting theory on the egg-morphing of the 2000, BUT  David CANNOT be the Jockey!

David is a synthetic.  Facehuggers do not implant embryos but rather a cancerous like cell that needs the host's DNA to turn into an embryo.  That's why the ones coming out of humans walk on two legs, and the one that came out of the dog used four legs, and the pred-alien had the jaws like a predator.  It needs the hosts DNA.   

David does not have DNA!

MostlyAtNight

Quote from: cliffhanger on Jan 25, 2017, 10:34:31 PM
boom. synthetic DNA

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/jan/23/organisms-created-with-synthetic-dna-pave-way-for-new-entirely-new-life-forms

did you actually read that article or did you just copy and paste the first result from a Google search of "synthetic DNA?"   

This is not applicable to an android at all. An android does not have cells. It's wires, cords, electronics, etc.

Necronomicon II

Ha, yup, the androids in the Alien universe are not like, say, replicants; where replicants (in Blade Runner the film) are genetically engineered and thus identical to a human, while they're emotionally deficient and have a shorter lifespan (generally speaking of course). Androids in the Alien universe are generally on the aspergers spectrum, and are made up of tubes, spaghetti, milk and off yogurt. :laugh:

whiterabbit

Quote from: motherfather on Jan 25, 2017, 08:32:59 PM
In Alien I was convinced the cannon was a telescope or navigation fine-tuning device.

Before Prometheus release I thought it was a birthing/impregnation device.

Then after Prometheus release, after having seen squidgy white buttons elsewhere, I thought it was some kind of auotopilot manual override navigation device.

Now I'm not exactly sure what to think of it.

To be honest the top of the gun looks to be inspired by sperms... that and it looks like a penis with balls and rises up through a hole.... so birthing/impregnation device could be legit. :P

hollypops

am impregnation device is probably what Giger had in mind which would have been amazing. Ridley had his chance to go really disturbing and perverted where there were no taboos left untouched -put has choose not to -but  I would loved to have seen it

NickisSmart

The opening door reminds me more of an asshole due to its shape and manner of expanding.

hollypops

Quote from: NickisSmart on Jan 26, 2017, 06:02:58 PM
The opening door reminds me more of an asshole due to its shape and manner of expanding.
]
That was not a comment I expected to read brilliant! :laugh:

AsapJockey

Everything in Aliens canon looks like penises and vaginas all over.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed