No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 903,676 times)

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 14, 2015, 07:12:11 AM
So it's a cross universe conflict?
Secret Wars? Yeah. It's the mother of cross over universes conflicts, basically takes all Marvel universes and pit them into fighting.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

This came in the mail today:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

So, I've read the first four issues of Alias, and it's pretty great so far. It's like a noir detective story that just happens to involve superheroes. Officially stoked for the Jessica Jones Netflix series now.

Magegg

Magegg

I decided to start reading Valiant today.

Been reading Harbinger, it's about an organization that trains people with psychic abilities, the protagonist is a teenager boy.

So far I've read #0-#5, and I'm really enjoying it.

I think this story has great movie potential and people could like it, much of the style reminds of young adult novels like Maze Runners or The Mortal Instruments but more mature, and there's also some epic supervillain stuff too and nice mythos :D

I definitely recommend everyone to read the first issues at least.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

This is a thing I made for my Studio class... It's an adaptation of a Superman comic by Max Landis.

The Joker has come to Metropolis and he totally knows what his demands are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Mov4kdPfo4

Magegg

Magegg

Frank Miller will write THE DARK KNIGHT III:

QuoteDC Entertainment announced today that bestselling, iconic Batman writer and artist Frank Miller will write the epic conclusion of the celebrated THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS saga.

The "THE DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE" is the sequel to Miller's 1986 classic THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS – heralded by TIME Magazine as one of the 10 greatest graphic novels of all time – and its 2001-2002 follow-up series BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN.

Miller will be joined by acclaimed writer Brian Azzarello (100 BULLETS, JOKER, and WONDER WOMAN) on the eight-issue comic book periodical, to be published twice a month under the DC Comics imprint.  Marking the 30th anniversary of THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS original series, this periodical is slated for publication beginning in late Fall 2015.

"Batman remains my favorite comic book hero and a sequel to Dark Knight is going to be daunting," said Miller, "but we'll do our best."

"We are thrilled to have Frank back home at DC writing Batman," according to Dan DiDio and Jim Lee, Co-Publishers for DC Entertainment. "The story he and Brian have crafted is an astounding and triumphant conclusion to this seminal body of work which influenced and shaped generations of readers and creators alike."

According to Azzarello, "It's been an amazing experience collaborating with Frank these past six months. I think we have an epic story that these characters truly deserve."

Artists for the project have yet to be announced.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2015/04/24/superstar-writerartist-frank-miller-returns-to-batman

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

How funny would it be if it were actually good

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

This comic was f**king legit. Awesome as hell noir story set in the underbelly of the Marvel universe. Definitely looking forward to the Netflix series now.

Quote from: Alienseseses on Apr 24, 2015, 08:34:10 PM
How funny would it be if it were actually good

Well Azzarello is cowriting, so the insanity might be somewhat reined in.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I never thought I'd say this, but I've been reading volume seven of Hellblazer, and I've found a bit where I feel Ennis has gone too far.

Spoiler
Out of nowhere, he reveals that Jesus was the product of Gabriel raping Mary at God's behest. What the f**k, Ennis? The sheer lack of tact is astounding.
[close]

There's none of the dark humor he usually employs, either. It's just mean spirited as f**k.

Magegg

Magegg

That's why I never read Ennis.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Magegg on May 12, 2015, 04:47:24 PM

He's usually a lot better about framing that sort of thing than this. My only guess is that his Hellblazer stuff is fairly early in his career, and he hadn't quite figured it out yet.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 12, 2015, 04:49:03 PM
Quote from: Magegg on May 12, 2015, 04:47:24 PM

He's usually a lot better about framing that sort of thing than this. My only guess is that his Hellblazer stuff is fairly early in his career, and he hadn't quite figured it out yet.
I prefer taking no risks with this nasty dude.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Are the "Annihilation: Conquest" and "Age of Ultron" comics worth a read?

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Omegazilla on May 12, 2015, 05:08:46 PM
Are the "Annihilation: Conquest" and "Age of Ultron" comics worth a read?
Conquest, f**king YES (I think you should read Annihilation first, too), the second, no, it's a waste of time.

SPOILERS for new comics!!

Female Thor identity revealed:
Spoiler
[close]

Maximoff twins retconned origin revealed:
Spoiler
They're not Magneto's sons, they were regular humans kidnapped and experimented on by the "Low Evolutionary" (a guy that looks just like Magneto only without the powers).
[close]

And check the new design for Aquamomoa Aquaman:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed