Prometheus & Alien Covenant no longer canon?

Started by Cougerboy, Jan 15, 2024, 08:49:31 AM

Author
Prometheus & Alien Covenant no longer canon? (Read 3,905 times)

TilotnyWorshiper28

totally non canon

Fast forward to a dave 8 name drop

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SiL on Jan 15, 2024, 10:47:50 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 15, 2024, 10:41:34 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 15, 2024, 10:35:04 PMI'm aware. And I've got the hint, so I'll definitely be stopping going forward.
Again, not sharing anything detailed due to getting in trouble, but I've also not shared anything specifically too detailed. There's so much that's not known.

Some of us don't mind the non-spoilerific teases you've shared - it keeps the excitement going. I for one appreciate it.
You can always DM him if you want teases.

Putting him on ignore doesn't work for people who don't appreciate it because they show up on quotes anyway.

Absolutely! I completely appreciate that (I've had my own issues with the ignore feature, so I completely understand where you're coming from)

Local Trouble

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 15, 2024, 10:35:04 PMI'm aware. And I've got the hint, so I'll definitely be stopping going forward.

@PortugueseXeno isn't gonna like this.

SiL

Mikey's inbox gonna explode.

Mike’s Monsters

I'll likely not respond to a bunch of DM's guys lol. I'll share more when I can talk specifics for sure. I've got some fun behind the scenes stories of my own to tell.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jan 15, 2024, 11:19:18 PMI'll likely not respond to a bunch of DM's guys lol. I'll share more when I can talk specifics for sure. I've got some fun behind the scenes stories of my own to tell.

You've got your hands full making hard lemonade anyway.

Xenomrph

Cougerboy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 15, 2024, 01:28:54 PM
Quote from: Cougerboy on Jan 15, 2024, 08:49:31 AMBut what do you think, is that a good or bad thing?

I don't think it's even a thing at all, in the way you've couched it.
Hehehe, well, we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out...

marrerom

Again, not sharing anything detailed due to getting in trouble, but I've also not shared anything specifically too detailed. There's so much that's not known.

I actually appreciate you setting the record straight regarding whether or not the prequels are being retconned. That would have sucked.

xShadowFoxX

No complaints here. Totally open to Resurrection being non canon as well. Maybe Alien 3 if they have a strong enough alternative. And I love those two films.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 15, 2024, 07:46:48 PM1. The TV show is in a separate continuity from Romulus and the Prequel movies.

This.

I mean there's been tons of TV shows over the last thirty years that started off as movies. Look at Highlander the Series, it's spring boarded off the original Highlander but doesn't negate the feature films, and the movies are their own continuity.

You have Highlander, which leads to Highlander the Series, which leads to Endgame... We don't talk about The Source.

Then you have Highlander, which can go either to Highlander II, or Highlander III-- the latter serving as a direct sequel to the original but doesn't connect with Highlander the Series either.

The same can happen for ALIEN.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jan 16, 2024, 04:17:36 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 15, 2024, 07:46:48 PM1. The TV show is in a separate continuity from Romulus and the Prequel movies.

This.

I mean there's been tons of TV shows over the last thirty years that started off as movies. Look at Highlander the Series, it's spring boarded off the original Highlander but doesn't negate the feature films, and the movies are their own continuity.

You have Highlander, which leads to Highlander the Series, which leads to Endgame... We don't talk about The Source.

Then you have Highlander, which can go either to Highlander II, or Highlander III-- the latter serving as a direct sequel to the original but doesn't connect with Highlander the Series either.

The same can happen for ALIEN.

I can see that.. but this is from Disney.. via Fox, and we have Star Wars and Marvel. I think they're going keep it on that continuity. The books are whatever but if it's on screen, it's a bit more definitive, imo.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Don't mind the sour grapes.

Keep on going as you were.

Wweyland

So I guess AvP is canon now? Great!
That settles that Weyland issue.  ;D

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Cougerboy on Jan 16, 2024, 12:01:19 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 15, 2024, 01:28:54 PM
Quote from: Cougerboy on Jan 15, 2024, 08:49:31 AMBut what do you think, is that a good or bad thing?

I don't think it's even a thing at all, in the way you've couched it.
Hehehe, well, we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out...

I meant more of an ideological thing about whether canon is relevant to anyone other than copyright lawyers and assholes or whether multiple canons (see: the Godzilla franchise) are anything to stress over. It's all made up and the points don't matter. Just enjoy the themes and aesthetics for what they are in the story a given person gets to tell.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed