severen76

severen76

Quote from: Cellien on Jan 10, 2008, 07:50:44 PM
Lol.. You're about right.  :) 

yay I helped lol  :D

Samus007

Samus007

Quote from: jimmyboy on Jan 10, 2008, 01:32:57 PM
AT LAST..... Predator is coming out on Blu Ray in April 08, but probably region A... boo

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Fox/Disc_Announcements/Fox_Preps_Predator_Blu-ray/1355

I just said that 3 posts up. Jeez.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: severen76 on Jan 10, 2008, 07:46:46 PM
Quote from: Khan on Jan 10, 2008, 07:13:27 PM
I dont have blu ray so I dont know what the fuss is all about :-[

you can see more sweat than ever before  :D

Yay lol thats really cool ;)

Samus007

Samus007

For those wondering what all the fuss is all about with HD quality DVD's (Blu-Ray or HD-DVD) here is a nice place where you can see the jump in quality.

http://www.cornbread.org/FOTRCompare/index.html

Use your mouse to scroll over the images on that site to see the difference.

Expect Predator to get a boost in visuals somewhere close to that, not exactly that nice of an upgrade given LoTR is much newer of a film, but it will be really damn close, if done properly.

Cellien

Cellien

Yeah, I mean I love HD media.. but "seeing more sweat like never before" is basically the truth in a very raw and basic sense.  But, it's worth seeing that extra sweat... just as it'd be worth seeing the extra texture on Predator's face, and armor.  Or the small details on Dutch's team's gear... or the guns.  I'm sure it's a real treat seeing all the vegetation in the jungle in crisp detail.  Whatever it is, you'll be watching Predator like never before...   

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: Cellien on Jan 10, 2008, 08:47:52 PM
Yeah, I mean I love HD media.. but "seeing more sweat like never before" is basically the truth in a very raw and basic sense.  But, it's worth seeing that extra sweat... just as it'd be worth seeing the extra texture on Predator's face, and armor.  Or the small details on Dutch's team's gear... or the guns.  I'm sure it's a real treat seeing all the vegetation in the jungle in crisp detail.  Whatever it is, you'll be watching Predator like never before...   

Are you in advertising?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

It dons't have any exarts at all, so i woun't be buying.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

I bet the US will get it, and it'll be region A only, and the rest if us will have to wait untill they start bringing out all movies on BR.  >:( Not cool!

ubcool

ubcool

basically the overall image quality of a HD release all  depends on the type of film used and more imporantly how it was used.  even though Alien is 7 years older then aliens it does in fact look a lot better as in the eighties film stock wasnt great and in pictures like Aliens and Predator the film was shot spherically not animorphically .  Bassically they they matte the black bars on top of the film,  so the image iis smaller and uses less of the film. but what this does mean is that the film has to be in effect zoomed in which enhances the grain.  grain ican also be due to  poor lighting, whach predator and u notice that in some dark scenes are very grainy .

but in the endo of the day any film in hd will look a lot better then dvd version no matter how it was filmed, films shot animorpically in other words in a screen ratio of 2.35:1 ( the wider ones with bigger black bars) will look a lot better and almost as good as films shot today. but so are thier dvds.

Aeus

Aeus

Getting a Blu-Ray player especially for this. I cannot wait.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed