Question about the Definitive Edition's

Started by x-M-x, Feb 10, 2007, 04:25:29 PM

Author
Question about the Definitive Edition's (Read 21,691 times)

SiL

Just brought to my attention on the IMDb - The Predator on the Predator 2 box art is the one from AvP 2, by the looks of it.

Sweet!

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, someone in the AvP2 board just said that - our board. No wonder it looked a bit wierd! XD

jimmyboy

I've just seen on Play.com that not only are the Predtor Definitive editions coming out at the end of April, looks like they have slightly re-packaged the original 2 disc Special Editions too, like they did with Alien films, there is no release date. Do a search for 'Predator' on their website and you'll see what I mean. I think it's the special edition with a card board sleeve with a white border. ???

Darkness

Those were just re-releases. They originally came out March 2006 for all A/P DVDs.

x-M-x

Alien 3: Definitive Edition:

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=224;5;77;-1&sku=612015

you can see the box art on that link.... is small tho. (gotta wait for a bigger screen)

special features

Double Disc Set- Special Features
Alien 3 Theatrical Cut (110.47mins) & Restored Workprint Version (138.53mins)
Audio Commentary On Theatrical Version By Cinematographer Alex Thomson, Editor Terry Rawlings, Effects Designers Alec Gillis And Tom Woodruff, Jr., Visual Effects Producer Richard Edlund And Actor Paul McGann
Pre-Production
2 Featurettes
3 Galleries – The Art Of Arceon (Approx. 79 Pages)
10 Storyboard Galleries (Approx. 200 Pages)
2 Art Of Fiorina Galleries (Approx. 37 Pages)
Featurette – Xeno-Erotic: H/R. Geigers Redesign
Production
5 Featurettes
8 Photo Archive Galleries (Approx. 230 Pages)
Gallery – Adi's Workshop (Approx. 190 Pages)
Multi-angle Segment – E.E.V. Bioscan
Post-Production
3 Featurettes
2 Galleries (Approx. 237 Pages)
Technical Features
Widescreen 2.35:1 Anamorphic
Dolby Digital 5.1
Languages- English
Subtitles- English Hearing Imapired
Region 2 / PAL / Colour
Running Time: Theatrical Version 110.47 Minutes, Restored Workprint Version 138.53 Minutes

so the Definitive Edition's have special features after all?  heh it's probs stuff we've already seen right?

x-M-x

xeno_alpha_07

Even the R2 Predator2 DVD has the AVP2 pic on the cover...
http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=12;-1;-1;-1&sku=612178

Extroheal

Sounds like these so-called Definitive Editions are exactly identical to the Quadrilogy. >:(

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Extroheal on Apr 11, 2007, 03:20:23 AM
Sounds like these so-called Definitive Editions are exactly identical to the Quadrilogy. >:(

I think your right  :-\ why call them 'DEFINITIVE EDITIONS' if theres no new special features or new footage in them!

frost

cause they are the most 'DEFINITIVE ' available on dvd,I suppose, but at a tenner each and the smart tin packaging they are a must :)

Corporal Hicks

'Cause they come with a nifty tin.

Corporal Hicks

I've seen the A/2/P ones around. They're boosting about fantastic quality movies and etc. I'm just wondering, maybe they managed to actually clean up Aliens? I would buy it if they got rid of the grain - but I don't think they'd actually be able to do it. Something to do with what the film was shot on? But if the video quality is improved, I might buy it.

War Wager

I've ordered Alien, Aliens and Alien3 because HMV have already sold out!  :o

Corporal Hicks

Try your local WHSmith. Mine has them in.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: >>PredAlien Warrior<< on Apr 24, 2007, 10:12:38 AM
I've ordered Alien, Aliens and Alien3 because HMV have already sold out!  :o

I don't think i'm going to bother ordering them because it seems all your really paying for is the new DVD cover.

Corporal Hicks

Just let me know if Aliens is cleaner.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed