IGN's Blu-ray review.

Started by That Yellow Alien, Mar 29, 2008, 04:15:47 AM

Author
IGN's Blu-ray review. (Read 10,167 times)

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

I'm still gonna buy it, no matter what. Sounds like enough new material, for me. The only thing that is kind of a disappointment is that the reviewers still say the film is too dark.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quotes kind of a disappointment is that the reviewers still say the film is too dark.
That would be pretty shitty if its still too dark even on the dvd.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Everything will look perfect on blu-ray.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Colin, you said a while ago that you brightened up some of the battle sequences.
What sequences exactly if i may ask?

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 30, 2008, 03:38:47 AM
Colin, you said a while ago that you brightened up some of the battle sequences.

I'm pretty sure he said that he brightened up the whole film from start to finish.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

On the site, it looks like the sewer was brightened.
And the clip of Ray searching the sewer... in the theater, it had a green tone. Now it's blue.

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Mar 30, 2008, 03:48:38 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 30, 2008, 03:38:47 AM

I'm pretty sure he said that he brightened up the whole film from start to finish.

It wasn't so much just brightening as it was getting the contrast correct. The sewer sequence is still dark (because we like it that way), but the highlights are brighter on everything and the red lasers really have some strong "punch" now.  Any scene that got too "murky" we tried to clean up as well, so that way you can still see it, but nothing will be so bright that it will look "flat".

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Good to hear, can't wait to see it.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Like the hospital staircase scene? I couldn't see anything in that. I only realized what was happening from Pizza dude's screams.

And the hospital?
I found that the hospital scenes look very good in brighter, less green hues.
I noticed all the production photos of those scenes are very bright. Was that filmed in the day?
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Mar 30, 2008, 04:01:40 AM
Any scene that got too "murky" we tried to clean up as well, so that way you can still see it, but nothing will be so bright that it will look "flat".

My editing program has something called color correction, that can separate the image into shadows, midtones and highlights. Did you up the brightness on the highlights, or just generally make things brighter?

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteLike the hospital staircase scene? I couldn't see anything in that.
Yeah the scene was too dark, i still cant figure out what exactly happened in there.
I hope thats one of the scenes because this one is way too dark.

fluxcap

fluxcap

It wasn't so much just brightening as it was getting the contrast correct. The sewer sequence is still dark (because we like it that way), but the highlights are brighter on everything and the red lasers really have some strong "punch" now.  Any scene that got too "murky" we tried to clean up as well, so that way you can still see it, but nothing will be so bright that it will look "flat".
Interesting. To buy the blu-ray for superior picture quality or the feature laden R2 dvd...choices choices....

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: fluxcap on Mar 30, 2008, 04:29:35 AM
Interesting. To buy the blu-ray for superior picture quality or the feature laden R2 dvd...choices choices....

I have pondered this question as well, and both times i come up with the following answer: why can't I just get both?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Expensive?

I'll get the normal 2 disk DVD. I have an upscaling player.

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

well collin spoke again i quess hes explanation makes general sense but im thinking  on going blu ray here  ;D ;D ;D

XxSaNdMaNxX

XxSaNdMaNxX

oppss sorry guys forgot a note i was at www.ign.com and i was looking at trailers/clips man if the lighting for the dvd n or blu ray like they put it then is ganna very nice to look at...........

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed