AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 362,834 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

My point exactly. Their scouring the boards doesn't make any difference.

Technine

Technine

I reckon no matter what we say fox wont listen
they are stubborn retards who only hear what they want
thats why after ther critics viewed avpr they were surprised to hear the critics not say anything  ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I also find it interesting that AvP back in '04 wasn't given an advanced screenings for critics; was Fox really that concerned about negative publicity?

Aran

Aran

elite hardcore badass Preds yet strict code of honor...

McLane

McLane

Quote from: WisePredator on Jul 02, 2008, 08:26:00 PM
If they do browse this forum they should take a look at my idea.

What with AVP:R being a complete show run by rodeo clowns, that would make it look sensible.
Anyway, avp3 will have to be thought out in a logical sense if it is ever to bring the franchise into a form of 'glory'.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

It won't. Ridley's made it clear he could care less about this spinoff. Cameron's off doing other things, but I don't think he'd be interested in making it. Outside of those two, it'd be up to a newcomer or a former director in either franchise to pull off a miracle. The plot would have to be done from scratch, and it would have to be an amazing one-shot in a franchise with two duds. At this point, it isn't happening.

McLane

McLane

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jul 05, 2008, 06:15:40 PM
It won't. Ridley's made it clear he could care less about this spinoff. Cameron's off doing other things, but I don't think he'd be interested in making it. Outside of those two, it'd be up to a newcomer or a former director in either franchise to pull off a miracle. The plot would have to be done from scratch, and it would have to be an amazing one-shot in a franchise with two duds. At this point, it isn't happening.

Pretty true.

avpmad!

avpmad!

on a space ship, marines aliens predators, but the predator alien fights not to be over in like 10 secs and them to have a real fight

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jul 05, 2008, 06:15:40 PM

That's silly. Either one of them could easily make a great AvP film and they know it. Why they're so against it is beyond me.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Do you really want to see a versus film from Scott in particular? Weaver thinks the Predator is stupid, and O'Bannon would like to make the Alien and Predator related. Knowing Scott, his idea might be just as far out as anything from the people around him.

Cameron won't do it. You can claim many things about Cameron, but an idiot he is not. This is a dead fish in water, and after Avatar comes out odds are he'll be back on people's tongues again. Why bother with a versus film with two bad predecessors when you can just make a fifth Alien film (or- better yet- get to making Battle Angel and make a killing off of the otakus)?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jul 10, 2008, 06:55:37 AM
Do you really want to see a versus film from Scott in particular? Weaver thinks the Predator is stupid, and O'Bannon would like to make the Alien and Predator related. Knowing Scott, his idea might be just as far out as anything from the people around him.

I don't remember ever mentioning Weaver or O'Bannon so I really don't know why you're mentioning them.

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jul 10, 2008, 06:55:37 AMCameron won't do it. You can claim many things about Cameron, but an idiot he is not. This is a dead fish in water, and after Avatar comes out odds are he'll be back on people's tongues again. Why bother with a versus film with two bad predecessors when you can just make a fifth Alien film (or- better yet- get to making Battle Angel and make a killing off of the otakus)?

Which goes back to my initial point. I truly believe he could make an AvP film that could go head-to-head with Aliens, but b/c he seems so adamant about the crossover being a bad idea, he can't be bothered to even think about it.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I'm simply saying that Ridley's ideas could be even worse. He obviously holds Weaver with some esteem. If people he trusted pitched in horrible ideas, he could be inclined to use them. That's not a good thing. Or, at least, it wouldn't be for the Pred fans.

I don't think Cameron would be entirely against it. Had he been approached, he might've done it back in the day. It just isn't worth it anymore. I think we can safely say the continuity's f**ked. Seeing that the man likes to have a coherent story, this would be a drag to get involved with.

nikolas738

nikolas738

set in the future with maybe it not ending up being one predetor fighting shitloads of aliens maybe even it out a bit.

Ron Perlman fan

Ron Perlman fan

There best bet would be to base it on the original comic's or the Aliens Vs. Predator 2 game.

BloodyRedBaron

BloodyRedBaron

I've written up a few outlines for my version of a AVP3, although only one has made it to screenplay status. The only one that I remember right off the top of my head was probably the worst idea I've ever had. It was kind of sort of based on the Xenogenisis comics for some ungodly reason. It started out with a predator manhood ritual going completely out of control and spilling into a nearby colony. Eventually the entire clanship comes down and decides to beam-spam the Hive, the Colony, and the Preds still down on the planet. One of the predators manages to escape in a shuttle and just as he docks in the mothership, he realizes that the shuttle is crawling with predaliens. The clanship crashes just as Colonial Marines arive on the scene, but not before calling in the predator Military (think AVP: Extinction).

Huge three way battle breaks out, and it all ends with full scale nuclear exchange between the marines and the predators. This was all supposed to happen montage style during the opening credits and probably would have cost more than all eight movies combined. So now the predator's secret is out and Earth decides to go on the offensive using -get this- genetically modified aliens with guns, and the queen is a cyborg with missile launchers and plasma cannons and crap. A colonial marine ship transporting these crimes against the fandom crash near another colony where it just so happens that another predator manhood ritual is going down. Several disgraced predators are being used as bait to lure the aliens out of their hive And -KAGASP- one of the predators being used as said bait is the dumbass who let all the predaliens on the clanship. In the insuing chaos, the elder predator is killed and "Our" predator escapes....but is blinded by a plasma weapon going off right in front of his face. It's temporary, of course. He is found by generic heroine number: 2580, and turned in to the colony, from here on in, it's basically the original AVP Miniseries except "MOAR UBER!!!!11111111". Of course the colonial marines (led by Generic Heroine: 2580), the surviving predators (led by Dumbass) make a heroic last stand against not only the normal aliens, but my bastard mind children.

The above was basically my attempt to find out how much fan wank and epic battle scenes I could shove in to one movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed