Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance

Started by John73, May 14, 2017, 05:51:54 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Box Office Performance (Read 283,327 times)

windebieste

must haz ripley and newt and hixk back.  must haz pluse rifols. must haz blokmap direct and sigoney weever direct it.  must haz reboot reboot and more reboot.

only way to maek a aliens movie (coz its the aliens series and not the alien series) is ignore everthing after james 'i am god' cameron and maek it with dropshits and us colonic marines.  thats all ever fan wants is be a trufan liek me and wish i could go back in time to 1986 and maek james cameron to do moar aliens movie in a trufan and proper way.

only a aliens trufan knows what a alioens movie should be.  lol.

-not windebieste.

ps.  i am a trufan.  not like those cvoenant hippies. lol.

Corporal Hicks

There's really no need for this level of childish post, Winde.

Nukiemorph

People are crying reboot and I'm not sure how many of them want a full-on remake or a soft reboot.  In my opinion, there's a major difference.

Corporal Hicks

There is. I'd prefer a soft reboot as in set in some other corner of the galaxy, within the existing continuity but a new set of characters and story. Obviously, Prometheus and Covenant were also that but I'd like to start again and avoid those particular plots.

I don't want a remake of Alien. Never. 

SM

SM

I'd be interested to see what it'd look like.

Corporal Hicks

A reboot or remake?

SM

SM

Remake.

Corporal Hicks

:o Heathen! Any people stick out in the mind for the job?

I do think we'll get one eventually. I think it's bound to happen.

SM

SM

Nah, no one in mind.  Someone with a death wish most likely.  It'd be like trying to remake Jaws and they haven't done that yet either.

I think the problem is the two key sequences of Kane getting facehugged and the chestburster have been done over in the sequels, that they no longer pack a punch.  They've tried to rework the chestburster each time to do something different, but I think the Neomorph probably the only one that's been approaching the original for shock value and brutality.  Wren's head burster was a good try but a little comical in execution.

You can't rely on those two scenes again.  You can't rely on the evil secret robot.  The Alien will likely fail because it'll be either too much like the original, or too little.  It's quite the recipe for disaster, but there's always that tiny chance it'll surprise.

Jonesy1974

I don't think I could cope with a remake. The very thought makes me break out in a cold sweat.

I'm not sure they would ever do it though and if they did it would still be a long, long way off. Like SM points out it has iconic scenes that you cant replicate successfully.

Alien, like Jaws, are true classics and I cant think of any other examples of a film regarded in this way being remade?

BishopShouldGo

Alien will never be remade. Even after Covenant's failure.

Kane's other son

The 1979 Alien will not be remade because it still makes money for Fox.

Bluray

Bluray

It seems like I'm in the minority here for Ridley to finish off his trilogy.

In anycase, no need for remake when there's still time for 4k release and eventually when the next successive home theater standard rolls around, a definitive 8k release matching the 35mm resolution.

That and Aliens in 3d. Because you know Cameron is just waiting on the sidelines  to cash in on that.

BishopShouldGo

Not to mention the universe is so rich, it would be weird to scale it down to a lean chase movie. How suffocating.

Unless they don't plan on doing a chase movie. In which case, just make a sequel or a prequel or a spinoff.

Deadmeat

Scott's free. We're getting "Awakening" after all:

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/fox-trust-ridley-scott-break-new-ground-with-alien-covenant-sequel

Not sure if this has been posted already or not. Couldn't find anything on this forum, at least.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed