Would you feel better if Newt and Hicks survived?

Started by Kradan, Feb 10, 2019, 08:15:19 AM

Would you feel better about this?

Yes
33 (45.8%)
No
39 (54.2%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author
Would you feel better if Newt and Hicks survived? (Read 31,047 times)

razeak

I don't mind if any character dies off . I just felt Alien 3 did it poorly. So yes, but it doesn't mean they have to make it through the movie.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 12, 2019, 03:55:34 PM
Hell, they could have given each cryotube its own personal escape pod and written the story so that only Ripley's crashed on Fury while the others didn't.

No Hicks.  No Newt.  No pointless deaths.  Ripley gets her solo adventure.  Mission accomplished.

razeak

That would have worked well too.

Local Trouble

And Alien 4 could have been the Adventures of Hix & Noot like everyone wanted.

Huggs

Perhaps they could work it into Guardians of the Galaxy 3?

Local Trouble

They almost worked it into The Predator.

Huggs

So you're saying there's a chance?

Kradan

Now I wonder isn't Hicks suited more for the role of PredKiller? He's marine and has military training, right?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 24, 2019, 02:21:07 AMAnd Alien 4 could have been the Adventures of Hix & Noot like everyone wanted.

>:(

TC

TC

Hell, they could have given each cryotube its own personal escape pod and written the story so that only Ripley's crashed on Fury while the others didn't.

No Hicks.  No Newt.  No pointless deaths.  Ripley gets her solo adventure.  Mission accomplished.

What if the order of Aliens and Alien3 were swapped?

So Ripley flees the Nostromo at the end of Alien, crash lands the Narcissus on Fiorina - no Hicks, no Newt - and at the end of the film Ripley doesn't kill herself. Rather, Bishop/WY swoops in and rescues her (a possibility implied in the existing version), taking her back to Gateway for interrogation. Then we get the 3rd movie, Aliens, and because she isn't dead at the end of that no need to resurrect her into Ripley8 for a 4th film

TC

SiL

Now I want to see if you can edit Alien3 as a sequel to Alien...

Drukathi

Best solution.

Also Alien 3 looks more like the sequel of Alien.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: TC on Jul 24, 2019, 08:53:09 AM

What if the order of Aliens and Alien3 were swapped?

So Ripley flees the Nostromo at the end of Alien, crash lands the Narcissus on Fiorina - no Hicks, no Newt - and at the end of the film Ripley doesn't kill herself. Rather, Bishop/WY swoops in and rescues her (a possibility implied in the existing version), taking her back to Gateway for interrogation. Then we get the 3rd movie, Aliens, and because she isn't dead at the end of that no need to resurrect her into Ripley8 for a 4th film

TC

Excellent! you just won the thread ^

Quote from: SiL on Jul 24, 2019, 08:57:35 AM
Now I want to see if you can edit Alien3 as a sequel to Alien...

We don't deserve so much, but aye!

Quote from: Drukathi on Jul 24, 2019, 09:07:21 AM
Best solution.

Also Alien 3 looks more like the sequel of Alien.

Indeed.

HuDaFuK

Meh, I like that Alien 3 comes after Aliens. Ripley's death is one of my favourite moments of the franchise, both thematically and visually.

The Kurgan

Yeah, I like the way her story ends.

Better to tell her story and end it, than have it become the kind of neverending story that, for example, the Die Hard franchise has become, where McClain and his family run into terrorists every two years wherever they are.

Getting bad enough with Amanda in the comics. When Alien3 prevented Ripley from having that fate, even more reason to like Alien3 :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed