NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 854,794 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I see it being part of a creature pack as well. Maybe it'll come in the same one as the queen burster?
I'm not sure how many more movie-cannon related creature packs they could do though.

I'd really like to see them do some of the face huggers from the unused Prometheus script. If I remember correctly there was an armored one that I'd really like to see made.

bobby brown

bobby brown

I can see a resurrection clone pack coming, maybe a deluxe set of the newborn birth scene as well. And most likely a bunch of wild shit,  One can hope  something out of the Capcom game 8)

windebieste

windebieste

I figure by the time Series 12 is released, NECA will be announcing their lineup of 'ALIEN: Covenant' figures.   We'll see those released sometime in August next year to accompany the new movie - I'll be very surprised if they show us anything before then; especially any Aliens themselves.  Human characters, yeah.  Sure.  Not so much the critters from the movie prior to release.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

When are we expecting 10 and 11 to come out?

windebieste

windebieste

When they're ready, I guess.  In the past, NECA have announced release dates and ended up releasing product some months later.  So even if they have already announced such dates, I always take it with a grain of salt and treat it as an estimate. 

They'll get there.  They always do.

Mind you, I am guessing right now they're tooling up for a big production run on the 'ALIEN: Covenant' stuff.  You can believe it's a safe bet that line will be released on time to coincide with the movie and optimise sales. 

I am sooo looking forward to what they have to offer. 

-Windebieste.

Prez

Prez

I'm curious about the pricing and availability of the 30th Anniversary Ripley/Newt combo pack.

Here in Australia I've seen prices of $AUD90 which seems rather steep (most other Neca figures are around the $AUD30-40 mark).

Also has anyone bought any Neca figurines off Aliexpress.com? Are these legit or cheap rip offs?

windebieste

windebieste

I'm not so sure about that site.  I have have seen Kotobukiya stuff being palmed off as NECA once before. 

As far as local retailers go, the $90 for the Ripley and Newt 2x pack is standard from what I have seen.  Compare that to the price of NECA's 'AvP' Kenner tribute 2x pack, the Grid vs Celtic 2x pack and the red Big Chap and Dog Alien 2x pack, each of which have an average price point of around $99.  So, of the lot, the 2x pack of Rippers and Newt are the cheapest. 

You can always buy overseas; but once you factor in postage, you'll have evened out the costs - and made it more difficult to manage any returns should the need arise.  I think that would be a problem with aliexpress.com as well.  I think they ship from China.

Bummer, I know.  But that's what we get for being a bunch of dingleberries hanging off of the Ass End of the World. lol.

-Windebieste.

Prez

Prez

HAHAHA. I know eh ;-)

I've used Aliexpress before with hit and miss results.

Neca products aren't the easiest to come by over here in Oz.

I actually only realised recently that my AvP figurines (Grid Alien & Scar Predator) are actually from the old Spawn range.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I've noticed with NECA (and most 1:6 companies) the release date doesn't necessarily mean for the country you're in.
The release dates posted on Neca's site and other online retailers tend to be closer to the Hong Kong date. I'm in the US so usually I end up seeing them actually in stock online/in stores 2-3 weeks after HK gets them.

NECA's dates have been more than a bit off recently though

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 21, 2016, 08:26:34 PM
I figure by the time Series 12 is released, NECA will be announcing their lineup of 'ALIEN: Covenant' figures.   We'll see those released sometime in August next year to accompany the new movie - I'll be very surprised if they show us anything before then; especially any Aliens themselves.  Human characters, yeah.  Sure.  Not so much the critters from the movie prior to release.

-Windebieste.

Speaking off. Randy's comments re: the change in release date.

Quoteice of them to let us know. Not like we paid for a license or developed product around the theatrical release or anything...🙄

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/801578063259701249

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That's interesting. I wonder if the other companies doing licensed stuff, like Titan Books, were similarly unaware of the change.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sounds like the release date change has played havoc with their schedules. Lambert is now coming out after Covenant figures. Covvie figures are coming out around release.

Russ840

Russ840

So I wonder why will are still yet to see a 'Resurrection' Alien.

I am waiting on it to complete my set of the Aliens from the 4 movies

GQSioux

GQSioux

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 01, 2016, 10:37:14 PM

I'd LOVE a 1/4 Scale Resurrection Warrior.

Russ840

Russ840

Quote from: GQSioux on Dec 01, 2016, 10:43:05 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 01, 2016, 10:37:14 PM

I'd LOVE a 1/4 Scale Resurrection Warrior.

I love the design when isolated to that movie. I hated it being used in the ago films and some of the games.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed