Microsoft Vista/XP

Started by Avpvet2006, Feb 21, 2007, 03:32:57 PM

Author
Microsoft Vista/XP (Read 10,430 times)

Avpvet2006

Avpvet2006

Who is running it on there comp and how it is going performance wise. And Xp users if you would upgrade. Ill start and say i will not upgrade for many reasons

x-M-x

x-M-x

i'll be getting Vista Ultimate When it's fully matured and has a service pack out. Because all versions of windows tend to suck, with out a service pack.... XP was terrible with out SP1.... so im waiting till M$ has a decent Service pack for vista. And vista need's atleast 1 gig of ram to make it run smooth (If ya Lucky) 

Oh and Microsoft is boat that has a lot of holes in it. Why it hasn't sunk is very clear. It is because there are billions of people under the boat supporting it  ::)

x-M-x

wolfboy

wolfboy

It runs fine. Everyone on the internet is blowing the whole Vista thing out of proportion. Most of them probably never even used it and are just going by horror stories they heard. It's the same crap that people do when the media distorts the news. The only thing you'd need to up is the ram to at least 1gb and you'll be fine (it eats up about 500-600mb on idle). Most people should already have 1gb anyway.

My specs:
AMD athlon 64 3200+ 2.2ghz
1.5gb PC3200 DDR ram
Nvidia Geforce 7600GS AGP8x
120gb + 300gb Hdd

My Vista Score: 4.2 (takes lowest score) out of 6 for now.
Processor: 4.2
Memory: 4.5
Graphics: 4.3
Gaming Graphics: 4.7
Primary Hard Disk: 5.1

Not bad for a 3+ year old single-core PC running on older RAM and AGP-slotted video card. Anyways, it runs fine, the speed's about the same as XP, 95% of 3rd-party programs still have support for Vista and the rest will probably eventually get it. It's a little slower at first but it later remembers what programs you use  most and lets you access it quicker (I think). Keep in mind I don't play PC games though...so yeah.

Darkness

Darkness

I probably won't have Vista until I buy my next computer many years from now. Looks nice though.

Avpvet2006

Avpvet2006

not to sound rich i got 2 laptops Hp running xp media center and dell running vista and a tower running xp

Mark001

Mark001

I'll never upgrade from XP to Vista, I'm very sick of having to upgrade everytime a new product from microsoft gets released -_-

invalid

invalid

I'm on my mom's computer for this post, a laptop with a gig RAM, Vista, a cheapy mobile 64MB video card and 2GHz processor, and AVP2 runs flawlessly in 32-bit color 800x600 (low compared to today's gaming computers, but not bad for an office rig that costs below $500).

Skynetdyne

Skynetdyne

Quote from: Mark001 on Feb 28, 2007, 05:14:34 AM
I'll never upgrade from XP to Vista, I'm very sick of having to upgrade everytime a new product from microsoft gets released -_-

Thats like saying "im gonna stick with my record players I dont like these little Cd thingys"
or
"I hate this new digital music fad im just sticking to my cds and casset tapes..."

Your basically saying your gonna go ahead and die while the world evolves around you.

Avpvet2006

Avpvet2006

lol

suzukix

suzukix

I have been running Vista for about a year now from Enterprise to Ultimate, RC1 to release. Although I like a lot of the features and new looks, I think XP is Microsoft's best and most stable workstation OS release.

If I didn't get Vista free from work, I wouldn't buy it now. I still use XP on my gaming machine because I have noticed about a 20FPS drop between the OS's on some of my games.

Now Office 2007 is another beast all together. I would recommend that upgrade even without the use of Vista.

Avpvet2006

Avpvet2006

cool cool

Wolfy

Wolfy

I wont be upgrading to vista unless it's necessary, unlike your comparison with CD's and record players, there isn't any need to have vista until another 3 years or so, and being used to XP, I'm happy with it.

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Home Premium will be pre-installed on the next laptop I buy, I'll try and upgrade it to Ultimate at some point. I'm not to bothered either way at the moment.

z3r0

z3r0

I run XP, and my cousin runs Vista.. In my personal opinion XP is much better. He has had nothing but problems with Vista since he got it. Driver troubles, compatability issues. I think Microsoft did a piss poor job with Vista, which really sux cause I was really looking forward to it.

Avpvet2006

Avpvet2006

i got ultimate running smooth and fine with no problems so what kind of comp does he have

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed