Ridley Scott confirms Xenomorph!

Started by RakaiThwei, Dec 12, 2015, 12:39:00 AM

Author
Ridley Scott confirms Xenomorph! (Read 33,919 times)

PRJ_since1990

Part of me is excited and the other half wishes that we wouldn't get any of these details. I don't want to know the story before going in to it, nor the surprises of what will be in it.

Infected

Infected

Sounds really stupid, because a chestburster is a xeno, and if you are a fan of very aware of the alien universe then you would never,
say this.
So my trust in this is dropped by ten points.
It will suck. LoL sorry guys.

THE CITY HUNTER

We all know how Ridley is,he chats bull(Prometheus will be a prequel,No it wont etc...)

Primordial

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Dec 12, 2015, 07:59:59 PM
Part of me is excited and the other half wishes that we wouldn't get any of these details. I don't want to know the story before going in to it, nor the surprises of what will be in it.

I know what you mean, I really do. For Prometheus, I forced myself to have the less info as possible and I think it was a good thing to do, although I admit it was difficult to achieve such a self restraining order ! I hope that they will feed us with less info from now on, and the trailers are going to be ambiguous.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Haven't had time to geek out lately, but wow, cool to see that the Prometheus storyline is turning more into another Alien saga. Rather have that than that mess Blomkamp was/is working on. i really hope that Scott stays true to the design, at least with one of the xeno specimens and tries to implement those features he wanted for it in 1979 that were technically impossible to execute with a man in a suit back then. I always loved the idea of the Alien being able to squeeze in anywhere; translucency; fold together etc.

oduodu

oduodu

Yes that's interesting what exactly will they use CGI or practical for the xeno ??

Adam802

Adam802

Good.

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

SpreadEagleBeagle: "I always loved the idea of the Alien being able to squeeze in anywhere; translucency; fold together etc."

Yeah, I'm down with that, and liked the translucent alien photos, but my fear is that every Alien incarnation since the original has not been true to the horror of the original film. Nothing has scared me since. Someone said that it's still scary in Isolation, but I'd say that's down to great direction in the game. If a director gets the atmosphere right I think even Freddy could still scare us. If you just think of the Alien in isolation from atmosphere, no pun intended, then it just taps into its much wider presence in marketing of the alien films.

I think SpreadEagleBeagle comments aced it in how the alien should look, an alien true to the big scary original "Alien" alien, but with those extra things to add something new but old at the same time (idea's wise). And like the AI in games, we need to believe that it's unpredictable, thinking, thoughtful, curious about us, but ultimately the corporeality of our worst nightmares, so scary that like a nightmare there is no escape, you want to run but can't and then that moment when it gets you, parker, lambert, kane ... those kills were pure horror, not the "this time it's war" kills of hudson etc. Although, I will add Burke's "death/capture" when he turns around was amazingly scary but nothing to do with the alien there, it was just so scary as he had no where to run, alone, couldn't go back to the marines, exposed ... you felt this as the audience and then he gets it, with an excellent sound effect of the alien snarling.

One final caveat, I've learned a lot on this site and one thing that makes a lot of sense is that I always through the chest burster looked a bit rubbish, not the scene that was pure cinema history, but how it looked when it burst on the scene. When I found out that it was Ridley's design, it made a lot of scene so I'm a bit worried about what he may do. Although in saying this, I'm confident he's a "no one can hear you scream" rather than a "this time its war" director so even if it looks a bit naff, I'm sure his direction will scare us to compensate and make the whole package work. That's if he truly wants to scare us ...

proto leech

Thank you based riddles. After the underwhelming giant squid, cobra penis/vagina and zombie mutant this is reassuring. Covenant really needs to step up the creature feature game.

Now just dont pull a predators and snub the classic over some new thing, though I trust riddles to not do this.

BringbackJonesy!

I see some here are concerned that the 'deacon' shown at the end of PROMETHEUS won't feature in the sequel.  Well I happen to agree with what Biggles said earlier, that it certainly won't matter...as the planet it was left on is unlikely to feature in the follow-up, if the movie mainly focuses on the 'Engineer's homeworld. 

It was merely the result of a weird set of 'life stages' anyway - starting off as a droplet of 'black goo' ingested by a human (Holloway)...who then inseminated his human partner (Shaw)...who then 'birthed' a rapidly developing 'squid monster' (through cutting herself open - would it have eventually bitten through her?)...which then grew into a large 'squid-facehugger'...who inseminated and smothered an 'Engineer'...finishing off with a 'baby deacon' ripping out of the corpse.

It was a disappointingly non-threatening-looking design as far as I'm concerned, and I disliked the fact that it was so fully-formed with all it's limbs already well-developed...as well as the fact it didn't have a lethal tail !   I also didn't like how it just 'plopped' out of it's host.  The scene had none of the kinetic momentum that Ridley's classic original 'chestburster' scene had...and I'd have preferred to see it slowly hauling itself out of the chest cavity with it's already formed arms and claws.  That would have looked far more creepy I reckon.  But thanks to the lights flashing on-and-off so much during the scene, it's possible to re-edit it for myself so that the 'baby deacon' is up on it's feet and squealing far more quickly - which is more effective for me.

For the record, I reckon there were some very scary-looking versions of the 'deacon' that were designed...which unfortunately weren't realised onscreen by Ridley.  So I'm content to just imagine this unfortunate-looking creature soon found it's way inside the 'pyramid', and eventually came across an unfriendly 'hammerpede' or two...  ;D

whiterabbit

Quote from: Infected on Dec 12, 2015, 08:19:38 PM
Sounds really stupid, because a chestburster is a xeno, and if you are a fan of very aware of the alien universe then you would never,
say this.
So my trust in this is dropped by ten points.
It will suck. LoL sorry guys.
I'm thinking you may have read the butchered quote. Right after saying chestburster he said " then the big boy" or something but that part was originally omitted form the article.

Quote from: King geedorah on Dec 12, 2015, 11:46:15 PM
Thank you based riddles. After the underwhelming giant squid, cobra penis/vagina and zombie mutant this is reassuring. Covenant really needs to step up the creature feature game.

Now just dont pull a predators and snub the classic over some new thing, though I trust riddles to not do this.
The hammerpede and squidles were awesome creatures. The mutant was a total f**k up though. However I can't wait to see the planet. Prometheus was beautiful if nothing more. Can you guys just imagine a Giger world done in such a magnificent way? That's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most from this series. I wanna see the true beauty of hell done in an A way.

Shinawi

Shinawi

I wish Giger was around. I'd like to see a film that's more reminiscent of his artworks. The later Alien films turned more and more away to a different visual. Aliens is the closest in my opinion. The original Alien has a good horror storyline. I'm fine if a director could create a different visual that's good, but so far it didn't look that interesting to me - especially the last AvP movie.

Xenomorphine

I've seen/heard/read nothing to suggest Scott has reversed course on wanting the Space Jockeys to still be bald guys in suits or that he wants to return to proper Giger biomechanics.

His last known statements on 'Prometheus' were that he was completely happy with how it turned out.

I'd like to think that 'Isolation' or even talks with Blomkampt could have been responsible for this, but we already have his quote on the matter. He was influenced by 'Star Wars' coming back into vogue (which is ironic, considering that was responsible for the Nostromo's down-and-dirty aesthetic, too), nothing else.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: Shinawi on Dec 13, 2015, 02:55:28 AM
I wish Giger was around. I'd like to see a film that's more reminiscent of his artworks. The later Alien films turned more and more away to a different visual. Aliens is the closest in my opinion. The original Alien has a good horror storyline. I'm fine if a director could create a different visual that's good, but so far it didn't look that interesting to me - especially the last AvP movie.

Like I've said before, there's thousands of pieces of unused Giger art lying around.  I mean, it's sad that he's dead, but you just have to reach into his portfolio to pull out something brilliant.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Dec 13, 2015, 03:29:48 AM
Quote from: Shinawi on Dec 13, 2015, 02:55:28 AM

Like I've said before, there's thousands of pieces of unused Giger art lying around.  I mean, it's sad that he's dead, but you just have to reach into his portfolio to pull out something brilliant.

Yep. Plus, Giger wasn't really into the biomechanics so much in his later years, anyway. All that the art directors need to do is grab copies of Giger's Alien, Necronomicon, and New York, and they're good to go.  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed