Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 192,886 times)

robbritton

Wow! This is looking amazing Tristan! It's great to finally get some really beautiful art back in an Aliens title - between this and Fire and Stone it's getting to be like the glory days of Denis Beauvais again.

Corporal Hicks

The artist talent in these latest series is simply astounding. It's a trend I'd very happily see continue!

Whiskeybrewer

This looks fantastic. Cant Wait to buy it

SpreadEagleBeagle

This looks absolutely stellar!

Corporal Hicks

426Buddy

Really great each time I look at that one I see something new. Can't wait for this!

LordCassusSnow

Those look like Colonial Marines aliens -_- Why must we keep being reminded of that garbage game on novel covers and now this comic series?? Cant you use Neca aliens figures like Fire and Stone did or use another artist? I have a suspicion the guys making this stuff are more in it for their love of money than their love of the franchise. Just look at Fire and Stone. That series was intended to be right after Prometheus and feature multiple deacons. Sadly, the writers never thought of looking at the weylandcorp website only to realise weylandcorp DID go back to lv-223 with their own modified android, deciphered mostly everything and took the urns to test on other planets. Instead, their original ideas got shot down and now were left with a comic series thats just as lost as the Prometheus movie. That being said, wtf was up with that bloated queen Alien at the end of the series?? Can someone answer me that? I though it was  a stupid idea that the xeno's could get infected by whats generally their own essence but to make a queen so fat it cant even lay eggs?? Wasnt the goo supposed to be an evolution accelerate? And were those monkey things guarding her or was she making them?? Telling you guys, cluster f**k -_-

tyrannosaurusjones

But... the Colonial Marines Aliens are the NECA Aliens are the Movie Aliens... what difference does it make? There are countless different and inconsistent Alien designs across the comics games and movies and you're, what, unhappy because something looks like the movie it came from?

Also, don't make assumptions about my motivations to working on this book. I've geared my entire career towards working on this book and you've decided to write us off because you're reminded of a video game you didn't like? I'm reminded of it just by watching Aliens. Doesn't affect me at all. Because I take what I like from these things and leave what I don't be.

Ultramorph

Each preview and snippet of art just looks better and better. I can't wait for Aliens Day!

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Well said, T Jones. We're lucky to have someone who cares about this universe as much as you obviously do involved.

Can't wait to get mine! :)

LordCassusSnow

Colonial Marines aliens are based off ADI aliens which are based more off their pumpkin head monster more so than Giger's original Alien beast. Colonial Marines was a colossal let down not just for myself but also for long time hard core fans of the franchise eager to learn the mysteries left unanswered throughout the first three movies as was promised by its developers and fox itself. Now the style of the beast doesnt need to be spot on to what we see in the series, hell i just bought a two in one tpb of Alien Salvation and Sacrifice because i couldn't pass up an alien comic in the style of Hellboys Mignola. The art for the alien in other comics such as Aliens Labirynth is also pretty outstanding. Guess all im sayin is it kinda erks me the wrong way whenever i see something i invested time and money in keep showing up in the wrong places. You know? Like a terrible x girlfriend you just wanna forget but cant because... YOU KNOW. Other than that i'm sure your story will be great and i cant wait to buy every copy and any kick ass varients that come out and add them to my collection ^-^ Just a future request ok? Nothing personal on you. And wtf is Aliens day?? :P

Ultramorph

The first review is up, and it's very positive. It also doesn't have any spoilers.

http://talkingcomicbooks.com/2016/02/26/aliens-defiance-1-preview/

426Buddy

I think they aliens in this series look more like a mix between Aliens (film) and labyrinth. Otherwise I'm confused why anyone would even reference aliens cm in relation to Defiance. Anyway I can't wait for my copy!

LordCassusSnow

LordCassusSnow

Sorry, i meant to say, something i invested time and money in that turned out to be a gold digging fraud yadda yadda yadda. Anyway, if your contributing, please consider sources like the Weyland corp websites timeline and features if you already havnt. Also noticed some neca Predators in the upcoming Predator series. Are they aware of neca's own back stories and paying homage to their characters or using neca's lore in any way? One more thing, will anything from Alien 3 and Resurrection be referenced ever again? O.o

Defiance actually uses a pic from Avp Requiem for its cover. Another tremendous let down were also being reminded of. Strange isn't it? There seems to be an ongoing trend. I mean Alien Apocalypse is using ACM Aliens for its cover. And again another Avp R cover for the Avp title. I suppose Avp R could be canon since it doesn't mention Charles Bishop Weyland and has a slightly different opening to the end of the first movie. But who here can really stomach the thought of ACM actually trying to be canon?

Double sorry, i meant Rage war uses ACMon its cover. My bad!!! But yeah Defiance Aliens are using ACM Aliens in their art. Compare em.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2016, 09:35:14 PM

:o

This is so wicked awesome I'm stunned.  Tristan, you use a very slim line weight in your drawings, and yet you are able to mix in vast areas of black completely seamlessly creating an amazing and intricate tonal tapestry.  I'm really glad to have seen all the great art thus far and I can't wait for more..

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed