Now we know it exists, when & why will we see the Predator Homeworld??

Started by RoaryUK, Nov 11, 2007, 08:25:51 AM

Author
Now we know it exists, when & why will we see the Predator Homeworld?? (Read 496 times)

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Ever wondered what might be behind the introduction of the Predator Homeworld??  I believe the next AvP movie COULD possibly revolve around it, that it may hold some importance and that FINALLY, we may see the franchise move away from Earth, where for me it should have been in the beginning.... set out among the stars.  But where will the Homeworld feature in relation to the movie? 

There can only be 1 of 3 possibilities...

1)  At (or near) the beginning:  This is the most unlikely place in my opinion.  If the Predalien does indeed slaughter the remaining Predators on the ship from the original AvP, in which case the action would logically move onto what happened next, then how does the Predalien get to Earth in the first place?  Clearly the ship that crashes on Earth is NOT the one from AvP, and if 3 years have passed since then, how did the creature get from one ship to the other?   Is it possible the AvP ship made it to the Homeworld?  I doubt it.  For a start, if the Predators on board had been slaughtered, surely the people there (as we would as well) would have destroyed such a threat....but if that happens no Requiem.  Could there have been another reason....what if they didn't know??

2) In the middle (or there abouts): Realistically, we could plausibly be taken to the Homeworld as Wolf begins his journey to Earth .  Although I don't envisage any subtitles or much of anything prior to Wolfs mission,  it would be interesting to see the Predator hierachy as it embarks on plans to eliminate the Alien outbrake on Earth.  However, even though we know Wolf will be sent here, if his journey begins half way through the film, possibly a few days after the Alien outbrake, why does it take the Predators so long to respond to a distres signal (supposedly) sent at the beginning of the film?  Other than that I guess the scene could be simply a taster of what the Predator Homeworld will look like, but wouldn't that be rather pointless unless it was to figure in AvP 3 anyway?

3) At the end:  Which for me is the only real place the Predator Homeworld should be.  The climax of the movie, a whole new world we haven't seen before.  The opportunity is there IF the Strauss brothers do indeed want to move AvP away from Earth, but such a place does have its problems.   For a start AvP needs humans to carry any story, yet what better time for humans to make such a discovery!  I can't see any survivors from Requiem getting that far, but there's no reason why the Government cant, and if we're talking continuity that's the next logical step for breathing new life into the franchise.  Reading their many comments, I get the feeling the fact the Strauss Brothers even mentioned the Homeworld, probably means something pretty big is gonna happen there....even if Wolf dies, could this be where he finally delivers the Predalien?   

What do you guys think.....?

Darkness

Hmm, yeah, I always thought it would take place at the very end and lead on to the AvP3 movie they were talking about. But I'm not sure how humans would fit into that unless it's far in the future.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed