The truth about religion - An Atheist perspective

Started by Wolfy, Jun 10, 2007, 01:05:29 AM

Author
The truth about religion - An Atheist perspective (Read 7,621 times)

Wolfy

I found this minutes ago, and it is the best video on youtube I've ever watched.  If your a christian beware, you may find this offensive.

I found it's points to be real good, and that's why I liked it.

Atheist powah :D

gameoverman

You should see some of Richard Dawkin's stuff.

WisePredator

WisePredator

I'm religious (I don't class myself as a Christian or Catholic, though, I still believe in God), but I also believe in Evolution, I don't take the whole of the Bible as truth, except for some parts like the Tower of Babel(It actually exsists and it's in the Bible! :o ) Oh yeah, and I'm also friends with Atheists.

SM

Extreme non-believers are just as bad as extreme believers.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2007, 03:33:09 AM
Extreme non-believers are just as bad as extreme believers.

How many murders have been commited specifically for the purposes of advancing non-religion?

Fitzley

Think Stalin and Mao...

SM

By the same token how many people who do follow a religion have never killed anyone?

Anyway, I was thinking more along the lines of respect for the beliefs (or lack thereof) of others.

Uncanny Antman

The Ultimate Predator

QuoteAnyway, I was thinking more along the lines of respect for the beliefs (or lack thereof) of others.

Well, this thread name does give away what kind of discussion this is, if religious people don't like it, they don't have to post in here.

frost

Quote from: Wolfy on Jun 10, 2007, 01:05:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HWVkS2g7xo

I found this minutes ago, and it is the best video on youtube I've ever watched.  If your a christian beware, you may find this offensive.

I found it's points to be real good, and that's why I liked it.

Atheist powah :D

Propaganda,inaccurate,loutish,inciteful,and very very damaging.There really should be a law against posting this sort of rubbish on the internet,religion is different totally to faith,to quote SM:
"I was thinking more along the lines of respect for the beliefs (or lack thereof) of others."
exactly! respect for others beliefs and lifestyle,even Atheists are now trying to push stuff on others.

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2007, 05:48:46 AMAnyway, I was thinking more along the lines of respect for the beliefs (or lack thereof) of others.

Why respect beliefs?  There are some pretty horrible beliefs out there.  Respect people (if they deserve it), but not their beliefs.

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: frost on Jun 11, 2007, 08:49:59 AM
Propaganda,inaccurate,loutish,inciteful,and very very damaging.There really should be a law against posting this sort of rubbish on the internet,religion is different totally to faith...

A law to ban free speech?  Where have I heard that before?

And damaging to who?  Religious people?  I'd like to hear why exactly.

Also, "inciteful" isn't a word as far as I am aware, unless you meant insightful.  (Which I doubt, considering the rest of the words you chose.)

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Jun 11, 2007, 08:17:31 AM
QuoteAnyway, I was thinking more along the lines of respect for the beliefs (or lack thereof) of others.

Well, this thread name does give away what kind of discussion this is, if religious people don't like it, they don't have to post in here.

If you don't like it, don't moan.

Wolfy

Wolfy

Quote from: frost on Jun 11, 2007, 08:49:59 AM
even Atheists are now trying to push stuff on others.

Christianity was pushed on me from a small child due to the enforcement of it being taught in 99% of schools in the UK.  As it pretty much says in the video, if we dont't believe we are an antichrist, and "God: Thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death", which is pushing using fear. Eternal suffering in hell sounds pretty sweet to me too.

My other reason for pushing is:
If your friend believed Barney the dinosaur was in fact a real dinosaur and not a person in a suit,  wouldn't you try to explain and convince him that's its not real?  That's how I look on religions in a whole as there is no evidence beyond "their holy books and beliefs".

SM

QuoteWhy respect beliefs?  There are some pretty horrible beliefs out there.

Irony...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed