News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 563,139 times)

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: rabidranger on Jan 14, 2017, 03:54:16 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Jan 14, 2017, 12:37:47 PM
http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/alien-covenant-prequel-novel-may-explain-what-happened-shaw

So Covenant will entirely skip her.

Shaw will appear in Alien: Covenant. We just don't know what the nature of her appearance is or how substantial the role is. They seem to be keeping it under wraps. Personally, I think David did something terrible to her as part of his experiments.

Ugh. David admired Shaw. He wanted to take her where she wanted to go. David from Prometheus would never hurt her.

426Buddy

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 14, 2017, 04:23:31 PM
http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/alien-covenant-prequel-novel-may-explain-what-happened-shaw

Shaw will appear in Alien: Covenant. We just don't know what the nature of her appearance is or how substantial the role is. They seem to be keeping it under wraps. Personally, I think David did something terrible to her as part of his experiments.

Ugh. David admired Shaw. He wanted to take her where she wanted to go. David from Prometheus would never hurt her.

Intrigued by her maybe, but I don't think it would be out of character for him to hurt her or experiment on her in the search for answers.

rabidranger

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 14, 2017, 04:23:31 PM

He didn't come across that way to me at all. Based on his actions in Prometheus and what we know to be true from the spoilers for Covenant he's at best indifferent to humanity. A commodity to be used for his own agenda.

skhellter

skhellter

> Shaw
>"i deserve my answers!"
> gets killed off screen before the sequel begins.
> Gets replaced by a Ripley-clone.

:laugh:

RIP to Noomi Rapace's hollywood career.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 14, 2017, 06:34:38 PM
> Shaw
>"i deserve my answers!"

It's great isn't. Possibly the worst character in the series and we don't have to bother watching he die!

skhellter

the audience wont get any answers either.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 14, 2017, 07:17:03 PM
the audience wont get any answers either.

We will. Just because she isn't in the film doesn't mean we won't have her story finished. David is there, that's enough.

anduu

Scorpio

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jan 14, 2017, 06:37:14 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Jan 14, 2017, 06:34:38 PM
> Shaw
>"i deserve my answers!"

It's great isn't. Possibly the worst character in the series and we don't have to bother watching he die!

Worse than "People are dying.  We need guns!"?  I actually thought the relationship between David and Shaw was interesting.  He murdered her boyfriend, essentially, and now he is her only hope of survival.  "It's not exactly a traditional fetus" - some black humour in there as well.

echobbase79

echobbase79

What was so bad about Shaw? I didn't know she was so disliked by most fans. There's also the prequel novel that Alan Dean Foster is going to write which will probably shed a good deal of light on what happened to her.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 15, 2017, 01:01:57 AM

What was so bad about Shaw? I didn't know she was so disliked by most fans. There's also the prequel novel that Alan Dean Foster is going to writer which will probably shed a good deal of light on what happened to her.

She was just badly written, boring and had terrible motivations. I didn't like Rapace's acting either. I think the book is a great idea, I'd rather read that than have a movie to wrap her story up.

Darth Vile

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 15, 2017, 01:01:57 AM
What was so bad about Shaw? I didn't know she was so disliked by most fans. There's also the prequel novel that Alan Dean Foster is going to write which will probably shed a good deal of light on what happened to her.
I don't think she's disliked by most fans at all. It's probably true to state that many feel ambivalent about her fate. That's primarily because, IMO, David was the more intriguing character. But to be honest I never thought an Alien sequel needed Ripley until I saw Aliens... and then her character becomes much more integral to the narrative. If anything, I think Shaw was over-written... little nods to losing her parents here, her inability to have children mentioned there etc. Ripley was much more a blank page in Alien and her development seemed a bit more organic than Shaw's.

Infected

So i just read Alien Covenant will have a book sequel in september 2017.
What you guys think of that?

OpenMaw

They screwed up their intentions with Shaw in Prometheus. They actually left a crucial bit of her character on the cutting room floor... Along with most of the movie's motivations and characterizations, but I digress.

In one of the promo materials where Shaw is trying to talk to Weyland, she better describes her beliefs vs what she knows as a scientist, and it comes off much much better than the clipped version we get in Prometheus which only further added to what makes the film seem scientifically... retarded.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Infected on Jan 15, 2017, 09:37:30 PM
So i just read Alien Covenant will have a book sequel in september 2017.
What you guys think of that?

I think it's a prequel.  The article contained misinformation most likely.

Shaw was an interesting character, though I don't think it was a stellar performance by Rapace.  The big promise of Alien: Covenant is that we would get the answers she is seeking.  Those answers are far more interesting than she is.  That's for sure.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed