About the Predators in Predator 1 & 2 and AVP

Started by yautja99, Jan 15, 2007, 04:36:52 AM

Author
About the Predators in Predator 1 & 2 and AVP (Read 14,221 times)

BrokenTusk

^ that's a good plot idea though do they have to reuse Dutch ?

Mr. Weyland

I'd like to see Dutch again but with a good story for his absence of all these years  :P

yautja99

I think its like this with the Predators

Unblooded
Young Blooded
Blooded
Elites
Elders

I think thats how it works

Punk19

Celtic, he had a pretty good fight but got sidetracked in thinking that it would be an easy kill after trapping the alien in the net. Obviously they either weren't taught that alien blood was acidic, or he just forgot.

Chopper is another story entirely. He just didn't see, nor hear, the alien behind him. He had both ears and eyes directed at Alexis, and was caught off guard. We've had something similiar happen to us.

As for an alien fighting a fully dressed and weaponed predator verus a naked (ew) predator, it would be an even/equal battle as the predator wouldn't have the advantage with the weaponry. He would still have his strength and his handheld weapons, such as knifes and smart disks, to fend off the enemy. But the point is that the predator would still have a hard time in fighting the creature.

Remember that these predators are over seven feet, and they must weigh somewhere between three hundred to five hundred pounds (including muscle). Add that to a battle with an alien that probably weighs the equilant of a grown man and you get the victor. Stamina might not be an option, but the sheer weight would quickly tired those poor predators out.

In predator years I would believe the predator in P1 to be in his 130's or 140's. The predator in P2 would be in his 120's and the predators in AvP would be like 118 or 119. Take the last two digits and you get the earth year versus the predator year lol

Hankerson

I always got the impression that the Predator in P1 was at least 200 years old. He already had a sort of mythical relationship with the natives going back at least ninety to a hundred years, and he probably didn't start hunting on earth until he was at least a hundred maybe more.

yautja99

Hankerson so you mean that Predator is possibly 200 years old and he has mythical relationship with the natives! thats strange what you pointed out? :o

Punk19

That could have been different predators though

BrokenTusk

I say it could be the same Pred, we at least know that Hooper's men were killed by the same one.

megasnake

megasnake

Predator 1 Pred is older

RakaiThwei

Well concerning the Predators, I would like to say that the Predator in Predator 1 is indeed the oldest Hunter out of them all. My guess would be that he would be in his early thirties in Predator years (I suppose I am not allowed to call them Yautja, given that a majority of the fanbase doesn't consider that cannon-- however, I do). The Predator in Predator 2 was indeed younger, as Stephen Hopkins had mentioned and I was watching the Making Of Predator 2 and Hopkin's did say something that these Predators are more Samurai like and even said "Well to this Predator, Hunting in LA is an honor".

As for AvP-- there seemed to be MANY inconsistencies such as no Blooded Warrior supervising the Hunt, Unbloodeds being able to hunt humans (although this could easily be explained that the youngsters got away with murder due to no Elder watching them), and other stuff I won't get it into..

Life span wise, I am going to say that the Predators are long lifed-- more than their hundreds. They live up to the thousands... roughly two thousand five hundred years. Now there has been a theory going around about the Elder-- that he was the VERY SAME Predator who was standing above the Pyramid holding the Alien's head, but with a different mask and armor. I also believe that Predators also age slower than humans.... for example, twenty five human years would only be five years for a Yautja.... three hundred eighty eight years would be only eighteen...

-Rakai'Thwei

yautja99

The Elder Predator looks a little older, bigger and has the same mark on his forehead and mask as the Scar Predator. He then leaves with the other Predators and their ship flies off into space.

megasnake

megasnake

Are you SAYING they live for a few thousand years.

BrokenTusk

right now all we know so far is they live for a couple hundred of years, but maybe they do live longer then that.

yautja99

It would be cool to see an 800 year old Elder :)

YautjaWarrior

I'd guess that Predators can live to be a 1000 years old, but considering their lifesytle, it would probably be VERY rare.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed