*Spoilers* Covenant Being a Colony Ship + Eggmorphing?

Started by hollypops, Jan 23, 2017, 11:15:08 AM

Author
*Spoilers* Covenant Being a Colony Ship + Eggmorphing? (Read 3,865 times)

hollypops

hollypops

Just read an piece  which states the following- "The Covenant of the title is a colony ship, which carries 2,000 cryo-frozen souls"

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/alien/news/a819376/alien-covenant-footage-breakdown-ridely-scott/

Could this be a link to where the mass of eggs came from that Kane finds in the chamber? -if Ridley chooses to go with egg morphing this could work.

*just amended the title* Hicks.

Pvt. Himmel

Infected

Spoiler
Ok and what is their original destination? how far/long is the trip? is this whole trip of the Covenant based on the message that David maybe sends them? or is there a planet that they focussed on and if so why that planet? or whas it the engineer planet after all, wich i doubt because Waterston doesnt wanna go down their as she says doubtfully in the trailer.
but then again questions question, how does David or Walter get such big eggs in that cave? will there be another new style being introduced as for something laying eggs or creating eggs.
And last question, do the eggs on the Derelict on LV426 survive the blast after Hadley's Hope destruction of the atmosphere processor?
[close]

rabidranger

This doesn't seem to be a popular idea but I can't help but think there is a connection between the colonists in cryosleep on the Covenant and the hundreds/thousands of eggs on the derelict. An additional component might be the hundreds/thousands of black goo containers on the Engineer ship from Prometheus.

fiveways

Quote from: rabidranger on Jan 23, 2017, 05:43:58 PM
This doesn't seem to be a popular idea but I can't help but think there is a connection between the colonists in cryosleep on the Covenant and the hundreds/thousands of eggs on the derelict. An additional component might be the hundreds/thousands of black goo containers on the Engineer ship from Prometheus.

I think this will be the background of the third movie.  Popular or not it feels like the direction they are heading.  David is the space jockey, the covenant are the eggs.  He mutates the goo to the point he is affected by it and everything goes wrong.  I have a few theories on why the ship looks incredibly ages on LV-426. 

I am all for eggmorphing.  I know that is a super unpopular opinion to have, but I find it way more terrifying and creepy in a David Cronenberg/Shinya Tsukamoto way then the Aliens as bugs.  I like the body horror aspect of it.

skhellter

Trivia - Cronenberg thinks "Alien" is a ripoff of his own movies.  ::)

I also wouldnt be surprised if this dumb idea was Ridley's plan for Prometheus3.  :laugh:

hollypops

Could David unknowingly switch places with Walter to board to the Covenant (which I assume is in orbit around the planet) in order gain access to the 2000 in cryo sleep?
Then for some reason sets down on LV426

skhellter

:laugh: ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hollypops i think
Spoiler
you just read Ridley's mind.
[close]

hollypops

Fiveways have you got a link to your post? Id be interested to hear those how the Derelict got aged theories!
I bet Ridleys even crusin these forums looks for a way to get himself out of that one!  :laugh:

howard.moody.566

The eggs in the original derelict were thousands of years old. They could not be related to Prometheus Covenant.

426Buddy

Quote from: howard.moody.566 on Jan 23, 2017, 07:24:58 PM
The eggs in the original derelict were thousands of years old. They could not be related to Prometheus Covenant.

The space jockey wasn't a big bald blue guy either, but here we are anyway.

lv_226

Quote from: fiveways on Jan 23, 2017, 06:02:29 PM
Quote from: rabidranger on Jan 23, 2017, 05:43:58 PM

I think this will be the background of the third movie.  Popular or not it feels like the direction they are heading.  David is the space jockey, the covenant are the eggs.  He mutates the goo to the point he is affected by it and everything goes wrong.  I have a few theories on why the ship looks incredibly ages on LV-426. 

I am all for eggmorphing.  I know that is a super unpopular opinion to have, but I find it way more terrifying and creepy in a David Cronenberg/Shinya Tsukamoto way then the Aliens as bugs.  I like the body horror aspect of it.

I really like your take on this and hope that this is the eventual direction they decide upon. Ideally, I would have wanted a lot of the mystery to remain from Alien, but as 426buddy alluded to somewhere in this thread, "here we are". If this is the conclusion to the prequel trilogy saga, then it wouldn't be such a bad thing considering that the goo could corrupt a biological organism to such an extent as to rob it of its very own biology. Horrifying considering the implications that those 2,000 souls would never wake again and are, instead, turned into something so.... alien and disturbing.

AsapJockey

if this movies ends with David taking over the Covenant ship and heading to LV-426 then , its likely

Infected

So its come to this? we...in 2017 are talking and accepting the fact.....that the original space jockey is Michael Fassbender..........drumroll please......we are really saying this??? Michael Fassbender aka David the android is gonna be the mysterious space jockey.....what have we become...LoL

lv_226

Quote from: Infected on Jan 23, 2017, 10:06:02 PM
So its come to this? we...in 2017 are talking and accepting the fact.....that the original space jockey is Michael Fassbender..........drumroll please......we are really saying this??? Michael Fassbender aka David the android is gonna be the mysterious space jockey.....what have we become...LoL
Maybe there will be a twist in the third film that reveals the actual Space Jockey is a 14 ft giant that intercepts the Covenant—if this is indeed the premise—and wreaks havoc resulting in the crashed derelict found on LV-426? Oh, wait... the fossilized appearance of the Jockey....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed