other next alien movie ideas

Started by Wolfpred, Dec 01, 2007, 02:25:42 PM

Author
other next alien movie ideas (Read 1,282 times)

Irritator

Irritator

I'd like a hypothetical Alien 5 to be a straight-up sequel, and here's what I'd want from it:

- Bring Ripley the last time, finally closing her story big, like her character deserves. I think f**king around with continuity won't do anything good for the series. We already have AvP and AvP-R for this, thank you very much. Alien is/was a SAGA, and if you suddenly depart from it, making a standalone movie, it's going to feel very detachted from the rest and will always stay in the shadow of the unfinished story of Ripley. Better complete it finally and definitely then start anew leaving all the threads dangling. It will mess things up for the series AND for the new movie itself. Resurrection unnecesarily brought her from the dead in the first place, true. But if she's here already again, bury her properly, with a satysfying ending to the saga.

- Explore the Aliens, show us new tricks, expand on the creature, surprise us. Scott knew it would be necessary if we're to be creeped out and facinated by this creature again. But no Earth infestation or mega-hive planets, please. This is not Star Wars, for God's sake.

- I do not care about Weyland-Yutani's involvement, and they were "killed off" in Rez anyway, so no point in bringing them back for the sake of it. Frankly, I'm tired of the "Evil Company" motif by now and I know Alien 5 could and should be more original than this. The same applies to the Marines. They were cool, they served they purpouse, now they're on retirement. I'd like a final Alien movie to be something a bit different then Aliens 2 - This time, it's a bigger war.

- No alive Space Jockeys, what the hell? They're supposed to be ancient, mysterious and unreachable. It would be ok to expand on them a bit I think, but just a bit. Maybe show some kind of their long dead spaceport?

That's about it for now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed