Does Anybody Think The Runner Should Have Looked Different

Started by Predalien91, Jan 08, 2008, 04:07:30 AM

Author
Does Anybody Think The Runner Should Have Looked Different (Read 3,612 times)

Predalien91

Now that we have seen the Predalien's full look we see that the aliens take on the looks of there hosts somewhat-or I guess everybody knows that.

Anyway I think the runner could have had a different design. I mean come on. It looked like a regular human alien without spines and that walked on four feet. I feel this alien had very little effort put into it.

Example of his looks he should have had-Small Hairs, slightly different snout.

Does anybody agree with me.

"Oh by the way. If you find Gigers dog alien design post it. I've never seen it"

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Alien is not a Kenner's toy. By your logic, a human-hosted Alien should come out with a shortened head, a full set of hair, and a penis.

This is a render of his Alien 3 design, third image going down. You'll notice he didn't give it a snout, amongst other arbitrary things:

http://www.kunsthauswien.com/english/austellungen/hr_giger.php

SM

QuoteDoes anybody agree with me.

No the PredAlien shouldn't have looked like a complete pile of wank.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Predalien91 on Jan 08, 2008, 04:07:30 AM
Now that we have seen the Predalien's full look we see that the aliens take on the looks of there hosts somewhat-or I guess everybody knows that.

Anyway I think the runner could have had a different design. I mean come on. It looked like a regular human alien without spines and that walked on four feet. I feel this alien had very little effort put into it.

Example of his looks he should have had-Small Hairs, slightly different snout.

Does anybody agree with me.

"Oh by the way. If you find Gigers dog alien design post it. I've never seen it"

I think that David Fincher wanted a biomechanoid sphinx, well he wanted a feline body and he wanted a woman's lips like Michelle Pfeiffer .  I can't comment on what he got in the final movie.

Commander Aun

I think this looks good to me. Abit better than the Alien 3 Runner:

Neukku

I think that it looks fine :)

Commander Aun

Let the designs fight! H.R Gigers design looks more mechanical.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Giger's is more biomechanical, but I can't fault ADI. They tried to get the "freight train meets a jaguar" look Fincher wanted and to stay true to Giger's artwork for the Alien. I don't even feel the two are really comparable. One is with the intent of making a dog-hosted Alien. The other seems to be Giger focusing on ways to make "Original Alien, take 2."

Xhan

Quote from: SM on Jan 08, 2008, 04:29:05 AM
QuoteDoes anybody agree with me.

No the PredAlien shouldn't have looked like a complete pile of wank.

Eidotemit

I think the Dog/ox alien looked fine, the predalien is whats messed up.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Predalien...so much effort for such a huge failure. It's the Newborn all over again.

Eidotemit

ha, I don't know if its that bad, but its pretty damn bad.

Xhan

I would say it is actually worse being that the NewBorn was just that; something right out of leftfield in a dark french surrealistic space comedy. As opposed to the PredAlien, which ALREADY HAD DESIGN AND THEMATICS in place before this ... monstrosity was designed and puked forth.

SM

Yeah I agree.  It's a lot worse than the Newborn.  At least that had an excsue for looking like an abomination.

Wildbird

Runner looks awesome as hell. Great design.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed