Started by ubcool, Jan 05, 2008, 02:22:04 PM

Author
alien 3 final cut (Read 9,879 times)

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

or a unicorn playing 3 card Monte

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Random Alien 3 question about the Runner Alien. Does anyone know why it is so much larger in it's burster strange than any other Aliens. Not that it is full grown but it is cleary more developed than any other burster when it runs itself away from the Ox/Dog.

As for the quality of the SE to the theatrical cut. I don't have much preference, one over the other. I like some of the added material but i don't think my overall liking of the film changed much upon seeing it.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I don't think there really is an answer as to why it seems more developed (that is: having arms and legs and a formed head w/ secondary jaw). The film reason (ie: why it was done) is to show that this alien is different. The in universe reason, idk, because it was from a dog/ox and the different DNA made the burster develop differently.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't think the thing that first emerges from the cavity is the same thing seen shedding it's skin (or it's victims innards) later on.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 08, 2008, 12:57:56 AM
I don't think the thing that first emerges from the cavity is the same thing seen shedding it's skin (or it's victims innards) later on.

It's not, but who ever said it was?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Nobody.  But I often hear the, "it's too big too have fit inside the dog," argument over forums.  And most people that I have talked to on gg or imdb seem to think it's an error on the part of fincher/editors for not picking it up.

Personally I don't think the thing that leaves the dog, is the same thing scene shedding it's skin immediately thereafter in one of the cuts right before it scampers off.

SM

SM

What is it then?  ???

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

you mean thats no the burster immediately after its left the dog right? Like its grown a little since it burst?

It's actually not as big as it seems, its pretty small. If you still think its too big, you could say it was from the Ox or maybe your theory that the scene is after its grown a bit could work too.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 08, 2008, 07:53:59 AM
you mean thats no the burster immediately after its left the dog right? Like its grown a little since it burst?

Yes.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 08, 2008, 05:28:34 AM
Nobody.  But I often hear the, "it's too big too have fit inside the dog," argument over forums.  And most people that I have talked to on gg or imdb seem to think it's an error on the part of fincher/editors for not picking it up.

Personally I don't think the thing that leaves the dog, is the same thing scene shedding it's skin immediately thereafter in one of the cuts right before it scampers off.

Well, I mean, what do you expect? He was in a terrible position, and couldnt edit much, and production was a nightmare.

Thedus

Thedus

The alien has already molted once when it attacks Murphy (hence the skin he finds), so it's bigger than what emerged from the ox (dog). But it still isn't fully developed yet - it's still an immature alien.  This is evident when looking at it's exoskeleton: it isn't completely formed yet, which is probably why it relied on spitting at Murphy rather than physically attacking him.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: Thedus on Jan 08, 2008, 07:07:08 PM
The alien has already molted once when it attacks Murphy (hence the skin he finds), so it's bigger than what emerged from the ox (dog). But it still isn't fully developed yet - it's still an immature alien.  This is evident when looking at it's exoskeleton: it isn't completely formed yet, which is probably why it relied on spitting at Murphy rather than physically attacking him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/Thedus/screencaps/Adult_Fiorina003.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/Thedus/screencaps/Adult_Fiorina004.jpg

Yes, he looked rather fragile there, didnt he? If only they had some pulse rifles...

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Not that shot, the shot almost immediately after it's birth where it is standing on shaky legs shedding it's skin/victims innards (as people who want to say that this alien is the same size it was when it emerged are want to say).

Thedus

Thedus

They are definitely not the same size.  The alien is smaller when it is first born.  When it kills Murphy it's somewhere between that and a full adult.

Looking at the behind the scenes footage the 1:1 scale burster rod puppet stands about as high as a full grown man's knees.  The alien in the above screen caps is not that rod puppet.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

This is the shot before murphy.  Right before it scampers away from the dog corpse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed