alien 3 final cut

Started by ubcool, Jan 05, 2008, 02:22:04 PM

Author
alien 3 final cut (Read 9,877 times)

Stalker

Stalker

The exact shot in the film was slightly different, as you said, further away & from a more frontal angle. That picture is more than likely a production shot from when they were filming the scene, it's much closer & from a different angle, but it is legitimate, & does show the hugger in greater detail than it is seen in the movie.

SM

SM

QuoteThe fact that a normal hugger was shown during the opening credits of the Special Edition was a mere inconsistency.

And that is mere opinion.

The fact is there's two different huggers in the film and since their presence is unexplained it's a "gap".

Stalker

Stalker

To be completely honest, the two versions of the film contradict each other, such as how in the Theatrical version, the victim is a dog, wheras an ox is implanted with an embryo instead in the Special Edition, not to mention that there is no evidence of a super-facehugger in the Theatrical version, wheras it is clearly emphasized in the Special Edition. Due to such inconsistencies, alot of it is down to personal opinion on what is really going on.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Given the dream-like sequence in the beginning, it can be interpreted as images from some sort of nightmare Ripley was having as her stasis was failing and she was between states. In this guise the normal facehugger can be seen as what Ripley was seeing in her mind (being shes only seen normal ones her half-hallucination would be one, despite it being different.)

So Ripley's stasis is failing, shes semi-conscious and her semi-conscious mind is interpreting whats going on around her, skewed by her memories, paranoias and traumas.

So there was only one facehugger the super-facehugger. That is, if you consider Alien3 SE the canon, which I do just 'cause I like it a lot better.

SM

SM

Yeah, it can be viewed as dreamlike.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

For the sake of logic, it would be better to relegate it and the sequel to a dream, but most people on forums don't seem to like that.

It was hoped that the recent edition would have shown that image, but as others said, it's too far away.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Relegate Alien 3 to a dream?

Don't let the iron flatten the wrinkles.

Keyes

Keyes

Somewhere in one of the ducmentaries on the Alien3 bonus disc there's an alternate shot of the guy holding up the super-facehugger.... it's more close-up, and sweeping camera angle I believe.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 06, 2008, 05:30:53 PM
Relegate Alien 3 to a dream?

Don't let the iron flatten the wrinkles.

Hell no. AR, maybe but not A3.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I was just saying the opening sequence.... not the whole film. Hell I wasn't even saying that was a dream, just dream-like (rather nightmare-like).

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Referring to morphine.

Wildbird

Wildbird

Let's keep everything str8! In the original movie there was only one facehugger and in se there is only one super facehugger 'cause there is only one egg shown. I assume that super facehuggers can morph because of climate or mood.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Quote from: DazAvP01 on Jan 06, 2008, 07:46:31 PM
Somewhere in one of the ducmentaries on the Alien3 bonus disc there's an alternate shot of the guy holding up the super-facehugger.... it's more close-up, and sweeping camera angle I believe.

Correct. It should be noted that the "assembly cut" was put together by the DVD team using editor's notes from the production and had it been done by the actual filmakers, a different angle may have been used. I was actually a little disappointed with some of the choices they made, the version of Golic's death used in the Workprint version worked alot better than the one used in the assembly cut.

Don't get me wrong though, the Special Edition is still an Alien 3 fan's wet dream. ;)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Wildbird on Jan 07, 2008, 12:01:07 AM
there is only one super facehugger 'cause there is only one egg shown.

Yes. Shown.

Could well have been more. :)

SM

SM

Could well have been a tap dancing Balrog too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed