alien 3 final cut

Started by ubcool, Jan 05, 2008, 02:22:04 PM

Author
alien 3 final cut (Read 9,878 times)

ubcool

ubcool

will there or will there ever be a cut of alien 3 that actually makes sense and ansers the questions like why the hell is there  2 face huggers and why is one of them massive.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

No.

Der_Meister

Der_Meister

there was 1 superfacehugger wich was able to put 2 embryos: a queen and a drone

Neukku

Neukku

Quote from: Der_Meister on Jan 05, 2008, 03:23:58 PM
there was 1 superfacehugger wich was able to put 2 embryos: a queen and a drone

The So called Super Facehugger

Stalker

Stalker

The Special Edition of Alien 3 fills in alot of gaps, such as why two hosts were impregnated with alien embryos, it also adds in a good 20 minutes or so of extra footage...you'll never look at the film quite the same way again after watching that version.

Neukku

Neukku

Quote from: Stalker on Jan 05, 2008, 04:29:22 PM
The Special Edition of Alien 3 fills in alot of gaps, such as why two hosts were impregnated with alien embryos, it also adds in a good 20 minutes or so of extra footage...you'll never look at the film quite the same way again after watching that version.

That is so true :D

Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8aLxLEMS98

SM

SM

QuoteThe Special Edition of Alien 3 fills in alot of gaps, such as why two hosts were impregnated with alien embryos,

And creates others - like how did two huggers come from one egg?  And why was the host dead prior to embryo birth?

Stalker

Stalker

There was only a single facehugger, although as mentioned earlier, it was a "super-facehugger" which can implant embryos into two separate hosts. As far as the burster coming out of the already-dead Ox, there's no reason to say that it hadn't only recently died, leaving the burster plenty of time prior to mature & grow, as we saw it was already in its infant adult stage when it finally emerged.

SM

SM

QuoteThere was only a single facehugger, although as mentioned earlier, it was a "super-facehugger" which can implant embryos into two separate hosts.

Go watch the title sequence again.

QuoteAs far as the burster coming out of the already-dead Ox, there's no reason to say that it hadn't only recently died, leaving the burster plenty of time prior to mature & grow, as we saw it was already in its infant adult stage when it finally emerged.

Ergo - it's a gap.

Stalker

Stalker

Why would I need to watch the titles again? I already know full-well what happens.

SM

SM

So you didn't notice it's not a super hugger then?

Stalker

Stalker

The opening titles are the same between the two cuts of the film, but the super-facehugger is only emphasized in the Special Edition version. You can clearly see it when Murphy picks it up off the ground at the end of the slaughter-house scene, around the 25 minute mark of the movie.

It is clearly far larger than any other facehugger seen, as its body alone completely dwarfs Murphy's head, & by zooming in, you can also see the webbing between its legs. The fact that a normal hugger was shown during the opening credits of the Special Edition was a mere inconsistency.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

One could simply argue that husk is a normal facehugger since unlike the original intentions it is never shown up close.

I'm with SM.  It was a regular facehugger, unless one believes its simply easier to have an entire unaltered opening sequence shot with a regular facehugger and an out of focuse shot later in the movie of the superfacehugger and thus it must have been a superfacehugger all along.  Don't think that was the editor's intention in the assembly cut, and I'd wager that it was the opposite intention that kept the superfacehugger from being shown up close.

Regular audience isn't going to know of the superfacehugger, thus to them or other untrained eyes, thats what they see when Murphy picks it up.

Stalker

Stalker

Here's the shot in the movie from a different angle...that's clearly not a normal facehugger:

Super-facehugger

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Yet thats not what I remember the shot being.  Might be the same scene, but I recall it a more head on angle with a different hue for the hugger at a much further distance from the camera.

But until tomorrow when my eyelids don't feel like they have dumbells glued to them, I'll take your word for it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed