Secondary Jaw is a..............

Started by AvPvTerminator, Jan 03, 2008, 12:02:23 AM

Author
Secondary Jaw is a.............. (Read 14,209 times)

Irritator

Irritator

I think he meant "penis" in a metaphorical way.

Quote from: CanadianHero67 on Jan 03, 2008, 12:08:25 AM
Quote from: severen76 on Jan 03, 2008, 12:07:36 AM
Quote from: Chocolate man! on Jan 03, 2008, 12:05:40 AM
.................................................no, just no

well It's easy to see why someone would think it

Because they are perverted?

Quote from: Legendary Predator on Jan 03, 2008, 05:10:01 AM
From the title of this thread i knew it would be stupid, grow up and if you have nothing important or mature to say, don't say it at all please.

It's not that he's perverterted, it's you being a goddamn prude. If you're so much offended/repulsed/embarassed by this idea, maybe you should lay off the Alien franchise - have you ever seen Giger's artwork? In fact, the sexual themes incorporated into the monster are widely recognized and analyzed, by fans, movie critics and cultural theorists alike.

The design of this creature and it's lifecycle revolves around rape and dicks, get over it.

Resurrection

Quote from: AvPvTerminator on Jan 03, 2008, 12:02:23 AM
................Penis? I've heard some people talking about this and it...........makes sense. Because in A4 when ripley rips it out, it is limp. When an alien is head-biteing someone, it is rigid. Maybe Aliens get some wierd, sexual satisfaction out of killing people. Sounds very Giger-ish too me.

Yeah, but it doesn't always have to be sexual.  I'm not saying it isn't, but they could simply get "excited" by attacking people enough so that it becomes erect with blood or some other substance. So in Alien Resurrection when she rips it out,there was no blood in it, so it was limp.  Kind of like how a King Cobra flares its hood when it intends to attack, like it is aroused.  I understand why you would think that it was a "penis" simply for the fact that a lot of the basis around Giger's artwork has sexual meanings and incorporations.

From the title of this thread i knew it would be stupid, grow up and if you have nothing important or mature to say, don't say it at all please.

I don't know how this thread or the discussion has become stupid, unimportant, or immature? AvPvTerminator simple brought up a valid theory and intended for us to kindly chat about how it could be possible.  Just because the first post has the word "penis" doesn't mean that he is trying or intended to be immature. 

And yes, Irritator, I agree it was a simple argument that the term could be used in a metaphorical way in such for a lack of a better word.

Master Chief

Quote from: AvPvTerminator on Jan 03, 2008, 12:19:27 AM
...I just called it a penis for lack of a better term.
The way you described it in your initial post, I don't think you could've called anything else but a prick.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Jan 03, 2008, 12:17:53 AM

No it isn't............ why would a penis kill people by biting them??

All of these posts f**king fail.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

If you look at the inner mouth, you can tell it's probably a tongue, because in the scenes you can see it open, there's no tubing inside, it's just flat behind the teeth, I think they're merely used as a kind of spiked battering-ram attachment so the rod does more damage when it is launched towards the prey.

And it has always been kind of penis-like, in a way. The scene in alien where it is thrusting in and out of the mouth with whitish goop dripping from it, if you understand the mechanics of intercourse, you'll understand why this likens it to a penis.

As for the point about it becoming seemingly erectile when killing, I agree, though I'm not too sure it's sexual pleasure it gets from killing, but its an instinctual thing.

wmmvrrvrrmm

maybe the teeth on the tongue act as a grappling device

Commander Aun

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jan 03, 2008, 10:19:02 PM

Well, there hasnt been much evidence pointing to that theory, we havent seen it use it to grapple onto surfaces. Besides, its to small to support the xenomorph if it did grapple onto something.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Khan on Jan 03, 2008, 10:37:16 PM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Jan 03, 2008, 10:19:02 PM

Well, there hasnt been much evidence pointing to that theory, we havent seen it use it to grapple onto surfaces. Besides, its to small to support the xenomorph if it did grapple onto something.

I suppose it could grapple  organic victims that it wants to taste

Tundro

Tundro

Maybe it's a fountian pen.  You know, for all those autographs the aliens sign at conventions and promotional apperances.

Who cares if it's the alien's dick?  It makes for a pretty awesome weapon to off someone if you ask me.
:o

TITANOSAUR

I always thought it was a hole new apendage, sence the "Inner Jaw" isn't connected to the Alien's lower jaw it wasn't a toung. I figure its like a organic weapon like how a Triceratops have horns, or an wasp has a stinger.

Legendary Predator

Im not offended by the idea, its just utterly stupid and not funny..If you have some proof someone like Ridley Scott confirms it's a penis then yes, otherwise stop wasting peoples time.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The moray eel's mouth is suppossed to function the same way apparantly.

wmmvrrvrrmm

certainly it would have ben partially inspired by the idea of Giger's penis tongues in at least one of hispaintings, also Scott had an idea for Massai Tribesman type people with long frog like tongues which they caught their prey with for an earlier project of his Tristan And Isolte, so maybe there's a carryover  from there

Legendary Predator

Quote from: Irritator on Jan 03, 2008, 06:09:33 AM
I think he meant "penis" in a metaphorical way.

It's not that he's perverterted, it's you being a goddamn prude. If you're so much offended/repulsed/embarassed by this idea, maybe you should lay off the Alien franchise - have you ever seen Giger's artwork? In fact, the sexual themes incorporated into the monster are widely recognized and analyzed, by fans, movie critics and cultural theorists alike.

The design of this creature and it's lifecycle revolves around rape and dicks, get over it.

Oh wow i just read this, what are you smoking ? "The design of this creature and it's lifecycle revolves around rape and dicks, get over it."

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

He's not bullshitting.  Listen to O'bannon's commentary.  He deliberately uses rape issues to make audience members especially males uncomfortable.

The alien basically makes you pregnant against your will.  Woman AND man.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed