Space Jockey question..

Started by Legendary Predator, Jan 02, 2008, 10:05:19 AM

Author
Space Jockey question.. (Read 3,106 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: darcevil on Jan 06, 2008, 10:43:03 PM
I remember someone saying something about how aliens used to have an advance civilization and then some disaster happened. Is that cannon? If so were did it come from.

well when Giger designed the Acheronian landscape of the planetoid, he wanted to show the destroyed remains of an advanced technical culture that once existed there and destroyed itself, but it can't really be felt in the final film so easily because of the budget cuts to the landscape building.

if you look carefully at the derelict entrance, you ought to be able to see some ribbed piping within the magma below the entrance.So maybe this is still canon. I would then think that this technological civilisation had created the spores, and would have created Giger's breast shaped egg silo's too if they had been built. I sometimes imagine the piping to be like strange roots from the derelict as if it were a living biomechanoid plant growing from the ground, drawing power from the land

There was also the idea of a pyramid culture living on the planetoid in O'Bannon's original script, and how they ended up on the planetoid was never specifically understood, but they would have been generally seen as a primitive culture bound to the planetoid who later died out with the destruction of the planetoid's ecosystem.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed