Space Jockey question..

Started by Legendary Predator, Jan 02, 2008, 10:05:19 AM

Author
Space Jockey question.. (Read 3,105 times)

Legendary Predator

Legendary Predator

Ever since i saw Alien for the first time years ago iv been wondering about the "unidentified alien species" at the start, AKA the Space Jockey(s). I was wondering why there was only a pilot..the ship looked huge and shouldn't there be more corpses of the crew if they were killed too ? unless they escaped and were killed out of ship or the pilot was the only thing on board which i find hard to believe because its a big ship. Correct me if im wrong though because it has been awhile since i last watched Alien. Theres so many theories about what happened and if they are the creators or breeders of the Xenomorph..i think AVP's storyline is the incorrect one anyway, Predators breeding them to fight for centuries doesn't sound right and i don't believe it is..if the story behind it could be really good i highly suggest its something like this -

The Xenomorph do come from their own home planet (obviously)
The Predators found them and took many eggs in which they had queens to continue the process.
The Space Jockey's ALSO found them and were merely transporting eggs for research.

The whole idea that the Predator's are the "creators" of them is so stupid and wrong, and the theory that the Space Jockey's created them is more believable but still not anything to confirm correct. Anyone else agree with me ? and also answer my question, yes sorry i got a little carried away.

Also, i know im bashing AVP but when you think about it..its become a franchise by itself, so in Predator and Alien movies theres no connection between them (in Predator 2, the Xenomorph skull is an easter egg) AVP is different universe than Alien and Predator..if its all linked there should be a better story.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Legendary Predator on Jan 02, 2008, 10:05:19 AM

Also, i know im bashing AVP but when you think about it..its become a franchise by itself, so in Predator and Alien movies theres no connection between them (in Predator 2, the Xenomorph skull is an easter egg) AVP is different universe than Alien and Predator..if its all linked there should be a better story.

well, there is a problem about the whole idea of whether it's valid to think that Aliens should be in the Predator universe in some way,   especially after the way that the Alien franchise has been going before AVP, with the idea of film jokes being the only way to open up ideas for sequels, especially after Alien 3's beginning came out from a the film joke with the sounds of a facehugger at the end of one version of Aliens, and Alien Resurrection continuation looks as if it came out of a joke by one of the Alien producers about cloning Ripley from a fingernail clipping in a magazine.

I suppose that the Aliens creature in someway belongs to the world of Predator,  but in what way that I don't know, and the Predator I personally feel doesn't belong to the world of Alien in the way that the franchise follows the original Alien movie, but once one brings the Aliens Vs Predator comic book universe into the story with its comic book logic as inspiration, I don't know what is supposed to be so real, I suppose there are a lot of problems taking comic book ideas and translating them into film logic and people usually have to do a lot of hard work to translate them successfully.

I'll say that I loved the AVP comic book story that shows the Predators capturing a queen from a hive, that's the only one I really liked, but really for me the alien creature ought to be a mystery to the Predators as much as it is to humans if it is supposed to make any sense, perhaps they would like to own them as much as humans do and maybe too dangerous for the Predators to successfully contain for any length time.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The eggs in the Derelict were around for a long time. You could say that the Predators safely took a few, then focused their coming-of-age ritual on the Alien life cycle before bringing them to Earth and establishing hunting grounds on the planet.

Many things in AVP eff around with canon, but it's still very hazy on the Alien origin.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 04, 2008, 03:00:20 AM

Many things in AVP eff around with canon, but it's still very hazy on the Alien origin.

As a person who still hasn't seen AVP: R,  I suppose after the way the aliens have been so easily killed with weapons, especially the ones burst from humans, something ought to be done to somehow make them seem mysterious again and maybe I might give some sort of a damn about their origins. I'm interested in the origin of the creature from the original movie, maybe I think fondly of Fincher's desire for an alien with sphinx like characteristics, (despite what Gillis and Woodruff churned out,)  and also the idea that the alien egg got aboard the Sulaco by some sort of unexplained phenomena, I want to experience something more about this and what else it could do.

Maybe I might want the creatures to start having some kind of weird natural weapon like dolphins do where they can stun a fish with sound, in order to fight humans who have guns and bombs

but the others start to fall apart with disinterest to me, they're just creatures created to be mass cannon fodder.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Greg Strause extended the possibility that the facehuggers of AVP-R are different because they are "warrior" facehuggers that are genetically engineered by the Predators. Maybe a similar explanation can be retconned onto the entire AVP franchise.

Legendary Predator

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 04, 2008, 03:58:30 AM
Greg Strause extended the possibility that the facehuggers of AVP-R are different because they are "warrior" facehuggers that are genetically engineered by the Predators. Maybe a similar explanation can be retconned onto the entire AVP franchise.

You may be right there, i noticed the Facehugger's that attack the father and son in the woods were darker, with a more brown color..Iv always thought the brown colored Facehugger's were infact Queen Facehugger's as the game Alien vs Predator: Extinction had you believe. That would have made more sense, and when the Facehugger's are seen in the canisters on the ship at the start of AVP: R, they have a creamy color like the original. AVP just doesn't do it for me..il watch them and enjoy the action but the story i try to keep separate from the Alien and Predator universe . I hope if there will ever be an Alien 5 or Predator 3, they can relate both franchises together but in a better way than AVP did ?

Wildbird

Wildbird

First of all I think that xenomorphs had no chance having a planet of their own, because they are parasites, some sort of infection. The best version I heard was the idea of bio-weapon, like Space Jockeys created 'em as an army of some sort.

Zeta Reticuli

Zeta Reticuli

Quote from: Legendary Predator on Jan 02, 2008, 10:05:19 AM

The Xenomorph do come from their own home planet (obviously)
The Predators found them and took many eggs in which they had queens to continue the process.
The Space Jockey's ALSO found them and were merely transporting eggs for research.

xenomorphs come OBVIOUSLY from their own home planet?
man did you watch alien1?
the alien has clearly been created by the space-jockeys, its just as bio-mechanical as the whole space-jockey ship, it has the same design.

and the predators didnt have to do a shit with the alien origin.

its supposed that the space jockeys got wiped out by the xenomorphs many million years ago, which would explain why the dead space-jockey was actually fossilized.
i doubt that the predators got hold of the aliens more than a few thousand years ago.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Canon Fodder on Jan 05, 2008, 12:22:27 PM
xenomorphs come OBVIOUSLY from their own home planet?
man did you watch alien1?
the alien has clearly been created by the space-jockeys, its just as bio-mechanical as the whole space-jockey ship, it has the same design.
Ridley Scott's explanation has already been posted on this forum:
QuoteThe alien life form lived to reproduce, and in reproducing took on the characteristics of the space jockey on the derelict and Kane. If the facehugger had hit the cat, it would have been a hybrid of the space jockey and the cat.

Fantastic Films; November, 1979
Nowhere is it stated definitely that the Jockeys had created the aliens.

and the predators didnt have to do a shit with the alien origin.
That part is true.

its supposed that the space jockeys got wiped out by the xenomorphs many million years ago, which would explain why the dead space-jockey was actually fossilized.
Only if you make a leap of faith. If the Nostromo wasn't destroyed, but found by another species, using your logic, they could conclude that the entire human race was extinct.

i doubt that the predators got hold of the aliens more than a few thousand years ago.
We don't know for sure where (or when) they got their first strain.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Legendary Predator on Jan 04, 2008, 04:42:58 AM

You may be right there, i noticed the Facehugger's that attack the father and son in the woods were darker, with a more brown color..Iv always thought the brown colored Facehugger's were infact Queen Facehugger's as the game Alien vs Predator: Extinction had you believe. That would have made more sense, and when the Facehugger's are seen in the canisters on the ship at the start of AVP: R, they have a creamy color like the original. AVP just doesn't do it for me..il watch them and enjoy the action but the story i try to keep separate from the Alien and Predator universe . I hope if there will ever be an Alien 5 or Predator 3, they can relate both franchises together but in a better way than AVP did ?

I'm a little concerned about the idea of colour coded facehuggers, does this mean that just because of a difference in colour, the alien adults must be different?

Attack.no1

Attack.no1

Im sorry but i hate the fact that ever since AVP has been around ppl are allways saying that the predators use them or made them or what have you, that fact is...Alien  was made years before predator, when Alien was made there was no story that included the pred's. the preds did not make the aliens full stop!! its pissing me off the fact that just bcoz stan put the alien head in predator 2 that all of a sudden that means they made them, they didnt.

Valtiel

Valtiel

I agree whole heartedly.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Wildbird on Jan 05, 2008, 11:06:19 AM
First of all I think that xenomorphs had no chance having a planet of their own, because they are parasites, some sort of infection. The best version I heard was the idea of bio-weapon, like Space Jockeys created 'em as an army of some sort.

Maybe they were one of the few forms of life on their homeworld, or there's a natural predator that keeps their numbers thin.

darcevil

darcevil

I remember someone saying something about how aliens used to have an advance civilization and then some disaster happened. Is that cannon? If so were did it come from.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: darcevil on Jan 06, 2008, 10:43:03 PM
I remember someone saying something about how aliens used to have an advance civilization and then some disaster happened. Is that cannon? If so were did it come from.

It came from Dan O'Bannon in an explanation on how the aliens came to be. It was also going to be a part of the set design if they had a higher budget. The story is that the pyramid concept was originally going to be used in Alien first. It was going to house the eggs, and that is where Kane would have gone to get impregnated. Inside this pyramid, there were going to be carvings that show the Aliens culture, and language, and customs. Expanding upon this, if that was going to have been made( which it didnt) it explained that eons ago, the Aliens used to have an advanced culture and language, but a catastrophic disaster killed most of them out, and only a few were left (hence the eggs in the derelict). The space jockeys were meant to be like the humans that came after them, they were mining the planet, but found the eggs on the planet. They took the eggs, but one of them escaped, impregnated the Pilot, then destroyed the derelicts major systems, forcing to crash land back to LV-426. Thats what was gonna happen, but the idea and set design was too expenise to make.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed