Prometheus Available for Pre-order On iTunes

Started by Keyes, Sep 07, 2012, 02:23:44 PM

Author
Prometheus Available for Pre-order On iTunes (Read 26,734 times)

Snowdog

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 07, 2012, 07:51:14 PM
Too bad it doesn't work at being frightening or unsettling. The audience laughed out loud at it. It's incredibly derpy looking.

Still a chestburster though, so you don't know what it eventually will look like. The normal chestburster isn't that scary either, but when it's a full grown alien it's the stuff from nightmares.

Cvalda

Considering the fact that the chestburster scene in Alien is regarded as one of the scariest scenes in cinema history, and the Deacon scene is treated as a punchline in reviews and comments, I'd say the chestburster is a damn sight scarier than the Deacon.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 07, 2012, 07:51:14 PM
Too bad it doesn't work at being frightening or unsettling. The audience laughed out loud at it. It's incredibly derpy looking.

I thought it was a bit unsettling. Not scary, but kind of strange and done in a pretty cool way. The crossfading added a bit to that, too (similar to Ripley's 'emergence from the womb' in Alien Resurrection).

While I'd be lying if I said that my theater seemed scared, there was certainly no laughter.

Cvalda

LULZ. This design.

Vickers

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 07, 2012, 07:33:09 PM
Honestly, while the film wasn't as Giger-esque as Alien, I thought that it was very respectful of the look and style of the original. Sure, things were different, but I definitely got that Alien vibe with the things I saw on screen.

I loved the interior of the ship, I loved the inside of the temple and the ampule room with the fresco, I loved seeing the Derelict ships.  But at times it felt a little too polished with the other visuals.  I wish I could express myself better.

But the look of the film is really not my issue.  I eventually accepted that and it was good we knew what we were getting into from the first teaser.  Because the way things sounded before, I was expecting an impressive amount of practical effects and only very little CGI (Prometheus flying through space for instance).  The practical effects that were used were impressive indeed.  It just felt like there was potential for so much more.

But my issue with the film lies with the flawed story and some choices made script-wise.

Salt The Fries

Deacon is a FVCKING JOKE. What was the purpose? Not only of that design, but the scene itself...It was as cheap as Predalien bursting out in a fvcking AVP flick.

Cvalda

A joke?! Surely you are mistaken! Does this look like a joke to you, sir?!:

I bet even Giger himself wishes he had designed such an exquisite addition the Alien canon!

First Blood

Get that shit out mah face.

Master

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Sep 07, 2012, 08:31:16 PM
Deacon is a FVCKING JOKE. What was the purpose? Not only of that design, but the scene itself...It was as cheap as Predalien bursting out in a fvcking AVP flick.

My favorite scene in AvP...

All in all Prom and AvP are quite similar.

First Blood

Quote from: Master on Sep 07, 2012, 08:41:09 PM
All in all Prom and AvP are quite similar.

Therein lies the problem. :-\

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Cvalda on Sep 07, 2012, 08:35:00 PM
A joke?! Surely you are mistaken! Does this look like a joke to you, sir?!:

I bet even Giger himself wishes he had designed such an exquisite addition the Alien canon!

Considering some of his wackier designs.... i wouldnt be surprised if he was actually fond of the deacon.

Someone needs to just go and ask him :laugh:

Cvalda

But Giger hated that design and scapped it. :)

Blacklabel

I was under the impression that it was everyone else that had hated it.. causing Giger to scrap it :P

anyway someone needs to get to switzerland and just ASK the guy about Prometheus.:laugh:

Spoiler
I'm so buying the Trilobite, Deacon, victimized Engineer and Shaw.... to build one happy family!  ;D
Spoiler
f**k, Holloway.. he's out. He's the poorly designed one.  >:(
[close]
[close]

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on Sep 07, 2012, 09:33:23 PM
I was under the impression that it was everyone else that had hated it.. causing Giger to scrap it :P
Nope. Giger was embarressed to even show Ridley the mockup he made, because it looked like, in his words, "a chicken."

The designers on Prometheus seem quite proud and satisfied with the Deacon by contrast :)

Blacklabel

..and being a design that a lot of people liked... why not? :P Dudes where hired to do a primitive version of the alien. They delivered. It wasnt my favourite design of the ones that they had, though...

Spoiler
Yes, people liked the design.
Spoiler
They exist.
Spoiler
I am one of them O.o.
[close]
[close]
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed