Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1051

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 567,523 times)

Shugsi

Shugsi

Alien now I am older. Aliens when younger but the Alien 3 Assembly Cut is a bit of a guilty pleasure.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I enjoy the 2nd film more, but I think Alien had more likeable characters. Aliens is more of an Action SciFi film whereas the 1st film had more of a ''horror'' element. It's similar to how different the two Terminator movies were from one another.

Shugsi

Shugsi

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 11, 2020, 09:29:42 PM
I enjoy the 2nd film more, but I think Alien had more likeable characters. Aliens is more of an Action SciFi film whereas the 1st film had more of a ''horror'' element. It's similar to how different the two Terminator movies were from one another.
Another franchise they have hurt badly too will silly add on films :(

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I genuinely enjoyed Terminator Salvation. But most of what came after the 2nd film was pretty shabby.

Shugsi

Shugsi

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 11, 2020, 10:16:11 PM
I genuinely enjoyed Terminator Salvation. But most of what came after the 2nd film was pretty shabby.
lol same. I like this place.

I always thought of illustrating the novel version of Alien by Alan Dean Foster. It's just a creepy if not more in places.

I also though about Kane's body being shot into space. There is a scene in a deleted version (link below) But in reality would they be allowed to get rid of his body like that? Wouldn't they have to bring it home. Always thought it was odd.

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Alien_deleted_scenes#Kane.27s_funeral

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Maybe that's why the scene was deleted. I would've just froze his body and quarantined it. Come to think of it, all Ash had to do was freeze Kane with the Facehugger still on him. Nobody would suspect anything and the company could have gotten their prize plus the cargo of minerals.

Shugsi

Shugsi

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 12, 2020, 10:33:18 PM
Maybe that's why the scene was deleted. I would've just froze his body and quarantined it. Come to think of it, all Ash had to do was freeze Kane with the Facehugger still on him. Nobody would suspect anything and the company could have gotten their prize plus the cargo of minerals.
Yes. I doubt you would be allowed to get rid of the body. You could knock anyone off and say oh they got sick etc. Could have had a scene where the Alien takes the body later to use for an egg conversion... and then cut that scene too.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

A scene with Kane's body morphing into an egg would have been a good idea. Wasn't there a scene with that happening with Brett and Dallas?

Shugsi

Shugsi

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 12, 2020, 11:05:31 PM
A scene with Kane's body morphing into an egg would have been a good idea. Wasn't there a scene with that happening with Brett and Dallas?
Yes.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

Damn, they should have kept that scene in. And the scene in Aliens where Burke is harvested.

Shugsi

Shugsi

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 12, 2020, 11:28:38 PM
Damn, they should have kept that scene in. And the scene in Aliens where Burke is harvested.
I think the Burke one was too soon after he was captured to have the facehugger off him and the pacing too wasn't it.

Should have kept this in too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_VnoLyrfdY

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I can imagine that being what the Space Jockey sounds like.

Shugsi

Shugsi

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 12, 2020, 11:54:29 PM
I can imagine that being what the Space Jockey sounds like.
Bit ropy acting in that scene in places maybe but a nice extra bit of creepy.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I would have shit my pants and turned the Nostromo around if this is what the transmission sounded like.

Shugsi

Shugsi

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Nov 13, 2020, 12:02:58 AM
I would have shit my pants and turned the Nostromo around if this is what the transmission sounded like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFRgTWHz1Mg
Agreed :O
This is B1L  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed