The trailer

Started by agentdc7, Mar 19, 2008, 08:01:42 AM

Author
The trailer (Read 17,287 times)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I showed the Red Band Trailer to my dad. He didn't like it.

I showed him the Population trailer later on. He said it feels more like a real trailer.

My dad is wise.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I like the tailer because it was a good way to get hype on the internet. The only thing i didn't like about it was that it show too much of the action in the movie.

MudButt

MudButt

It pretty much made my excitement for the movie die down a bit. I knew when each death was coming, so when my friends jumped or laughed I just sat there. I saw it months before and it was nothing new..

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: Master on Mar 19, 2008, 07:52:53 PM
So they should cut out half ot hte trailer in your opinion. Am I right?

No, just a few quick shots that were shown.

Weasel

Weasel

I thought they were fine. Didn't really like the '10 days of Christmas' and 'silent night' trailers.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: Weasel on Mar 21, 2008, 08:35:17 AM
I thought they were fine. Didn't really like the '10 days of Christmas' and 'silent night' trailers.

Yeah, most of the TV spots weren't very good.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 19, 2008, 09:32:34 PM
Quote from: D88M on Mar 19, 2008, 08:52:10 PM
Quote from: Cellien on Mar 19, 2008, 03:38:54 PM
The trailer sold me because I thought if they could show that, imagine the movie.  But nope.  The movie's good money shots were the ones shown in the trailers.  The movie was terrible, but the trailer I think was actually pretty good.  It's designed to get you in the theater.. it did exactly that.   The trailer did show maybe too much, but usually there is something about the movie that isn't portrayed in the trailer.  Not here, the movie was just like one long ass trailer.

I remember when colin say that the movie was going to had a lot more stuff, and i believe him... >:(
Actually, it had alot more stuff.

Yeah, it had a lot more stuff, but most of the cool money shots were in the trailers.  I think they should show some, but don't spoil the whole movie with showing everything.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Trailer: Gave away too mmuch story, but was a good trailer overall. 7/10

Movie: One word: Excellent. 8/10

echobbase79

echobbase79

They should've just released the greenband trailer instead because that was better anyway.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Which was the one with the song "Silent Night"running on it?

marrerom

marrerom

the trailer for this movie was the first real sign that things werent looking good. it was a cobbled together mess, and it didnt feel like a normal trailer at all. the BS tried to pass off the criticism by saying stuff like the color grading wasnt finished and blah blah blah it was all lies. although to their credit they had me semi-convinced their movie would be decent up until the sewer battle was put online.

Chocolate man!

Chocolate man!

Quote from: marrerom on Mar 24, 2008, 03:15:30 AM
the trailer for this movie was the first real sign that things werent looking good. it was a cobbled together mess, and it didnt feel like a normal trailer at all. the BS tried to pass off the criticism by saying stuff like the color grading wasnt finished and blah blah blah it was all lies. although to their credit they had me semi-convinced their movie would be decent up until the sewer battle was put online.

I actually think that alot of people who turned out to hate the movie really liked the trailer.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Chocolate man! on Mar 24, 2008, 03:16:50 AM
Quote from: marrerom on Mar 24, 2008, 03:15:30 AM

I actually think that alot of people who turned out to hate the movie really liked the trailer.

most people were blind with the deissapointment with avp, and some still are....people like marrerom and me have opened our eyes and realized they spoon fed us shit again..

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

And Silver Surfer, they will continue to do so. People these days are too incompetent to follow simple rules about these creatures. I guess it's true, they're "complex" creatures. ::)

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I think any of us here on this website could make a better movie than what we've been getting since AR.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed