Aliens - Colonial Marines Technical Manual

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 13, 2008, 07:31:41 PM

Author
Aliens - Colonial Marines Technical Manual (Read 31,416 times)

SpaceKase

Quote from: FenGiddel on Sep 08, 2019, 08:17:47 PM
Quote from: Predator@Alien on Sep 07, 2019, 07:01:47 PM
Oh yes indeed... The mistakes of the colonies of the Prometheus Website are a little unforgivable !

Or perhaps worthy of exploring and justifying, in-universe.

Aaaaah! No dice, ye tricky devil. S/he who smelt it, dealt it. If it is to be, my friend, it is up to thee.

SM

The colonies are okay - the date of their founding; not so much.

SpaceKase

Quote from: SM on Sep 09, 2019, 01:51:08 AM
The colonies are okay - the date of their founding; not so much.

To be clear, no one is debating the possibility of mid to late 21st century colonies, only the nonsense of these purported colonies at their specifically far-beyond-rational locations.

FenGiddel

Quote from: SpaceKase on Sep 09, 2019, 01:48:07 AM
If it is to be, my friend, it is up to thee.
It _is_ on my list... [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: FenGiddel on Sep 09, 2019, 02:28:00 PM
Quote from: SpaceKase on Sep 09, 2019, 01:48:07 AM
If it is to be, my friend, it is up to thee.
It _is_ on my list... [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalke

To be clear, I am not playing along, for all the reasons I've stated previously, I'm not going to take the bait....
...but if I were going to play with justifying the absurdity then...

The colonies would have to be akin to the lost 12 colonies of Kobol, or like, the reclusive isolationist enclave from The Village, but like a highly advertised version with like a hundred supposedly lost colonies that take, on average, half a century to reach. A magic hugely enticing promise out in the middle of nowhere where no one has ever reported back from.

If we were exploring the idea In-Universe, then it would most likely be a false promise or a too-good-to-be-true trap, like Star Trek Voyager's massive spaceborne telepathic pitcher plant creature from "Bliss" (which, remarkably, there is precedent for in the Aliens Universe), or the paradise vacation where winning contestants are supposedly sent, in "The Running Man". Space lambs to the slaughter, yo.

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah, I don't exactly regard the Weyland timeline as canon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed