"Who is God?" - Ridley Scott talking Covenant

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 18, 2016, 02:29:31 PM

Author
"Who is God?" - Ridley Scott talking Covenant (Read 2,776 times)

Corporal Hicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTnKXfDyNVU&feature=youtu.be

I can't recall if we posted this interview or not. I feel like we did but I can't find it.

Anyway, something in this that I'm sure will keep some folk happy is a comment he makes regarding the Engineers about them not being Gods and someone making them. Perhaps we will see something of the theory that the Engineers are emulating the Jockeys.

Giger Beast

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 18, 2016, 02:29:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTnKXfDyNVU&feature=youtu.be

I can't recall if we posted this interview or not. I feel like we did but I can't find it.

Anyway, something in this that I'm sure will keep some folk happy is a comment he makes regarding the Engineers about them not being Gods and someone making them. Perhaps we will see something of the theory that the Engineers are emulating the Jockeys.

I sure hope so, I'd love to see an actually Jockey race.

Enoch

Praise To God ;D

We shall see God, but only in Covenant :)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I hope so, Because seriously, that suit looks like a tapir. I mean that...what is the meaning of that design? it makes little sense in my opinion  :P

But with the biomechanical God, everything makes sense! and maybe they want to be like their creator

oduodu

oduodu

Corporal

Thanks for sharing.

Well there you have it . The deacon is the forerunner of the traditional alien. Does this mean that the deacon we saw was the first one ever or that deacons existed millions of years ago ?

And alien 3.2 is still definitely on.

Who knows maybe the sj and engineers could be something different. I always wanted it that way. But I have kinda accepted now that they're probably not.

thexenomorph

Yes! This makes me soo happy! :)
While I love the engineers, I was hoping for something "massive" and less human like to have been our creators, not beings that look just like us but taller. I think Covenant is going to fix this!

oduodu

I doubt we will see who's above the engineers. If they do show us then maybe that's where Shaw has gone ? To meet the engineers creators ?

T Dog

Quote from: oduodu on Mar 18, 2016, 06:08:50 PM
And alien 3.2 is still definitely on.

Who knows maybe the sj and engineers could be something different. But kinda accepted now that they're probably not
That interview was from September last year so Alien 3.2 is not necessarily still on.

Infected

I think in Giger's mind it would a big heavenly vagina thats slides out white tall wet engineers and shoots them into space and thats it that god!!

And we humans see that and think to ourselves, that shit aint gonna sell.

wmmvrrvrrmm

Thanks for this!

whiterabbit

Quote from: Infected on Mar 18, 2016, 09:11:15 PM
I think in Giger's mind it would a big heavenly vagina thats slides out white tall wet engineers and shoots them into space and thats it that god!!

And we humans see that and think to ourselves, that shit aint gonna sell.
That is amazing. The universe has a vagina.

I bet Ridley is going to give us what most of us want. An Alien, a Space Jockey and shit we won't believe. In a good way.

I still can't get the idea of engineers shooting out of vaginas out of my head, and when you think about the mural from Prometheus, it kind of looks like that in the scene near the bottom.

Immortan Jonesy

Black monoliths can create everything, even vaginas

Stolen

Who is God ?

;D

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 20, 2016, 07:26:27 PM
Who is God ?

;D

I still think the Engineers we encountered on LV223, were to their Gods, which I think we saw at the beginning of the film, as DAVID is to us. IE: I think we saw the actual Gods creating life on a planet in the beginning of Prometheus. What the humans find on LV223 is like those God's version of an Android.
IM NOT SAYING THE ENGINEERS ON LV223 are androids. Im saying they were created in the image of the Gods we see at the beginning of PROMETHEUS, THE SAME WAY David was created in our image.
I also think DAVID had this all figured out, and that's why the Engineer looks at him lovingly for a moment...

This is why it's so important that David says "Doesn't everyone want to see their parents dead?" or something like that.
Because the Engineers on LV223 were/are harvesting Xenomorph's to KILL their parents/creators. This is also what DAVID was trying to do to us.
It's a mirror image of itself. The answer is there.

To back this up: In PARADISE LOST, some of the Angels, are angry because God created the human race in his image and LOVED US more than the Angels. These become the REBEL ANGELS and they start a war in Heaven.
So the Gods at the beginning of PROMETHEUS created human life and then the Engineers (the ones we encounter on LV223) REBEL and go to war with the gods. This explains why they want to kill us.... There may even be more. Maybe they intend to EVOLVE us into something the Gods can't love more than them, or worse, evolve us into something they can use to kill them.

windebieste

Oh,  nice.  Nice indeed. 

Scott did say that the planet at the beginning of the film could be anywhere other than Earth.  Your postulations have it being the Engineers Home World.  I don't think there's any argument present at the beginning of the movie - or elsewhere - to argue against this being possible.  The World being depicted at the beginning of the movie could just as easily be Paradise itself and we are witnessing the creation of the Engineers themselves, and not us!

Wow... what a headspin.   :o

I've only seen the movie twice, and it's been a long time since.  Gonna have to watch it again; and soon, too, methinks - with this idea in mind. 

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed