Triple Jointed Knees

Started by irving343, Jul 13, 2014, 04:44:35 PM

Author
Triple Jointed Knees (Read 9,168 times)

SM

SM

I buy the "Go look at the Bolaji test footage to see how dopey a guy in a suit would look" argument.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jul 15, 2014, 01:56:41 AM
I buy the "Go look at the Bolaji test footage to see how dopey a guy in a suit would look" argument.

It doesn't hold up when you actually realize this isn't the first Alien game we've had, and the previous games have made use of the standard jointed Alien Warriors without any issue.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Always thought they looked pretty wonky standing up to swipe at ya in the first AvP.

SM

SM

The tiny runner in one of the AvPs was dumber.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 15, 2014, 02:00:32 AM

It doesn't hold up when you actually realize this isn't the first Alien game we've had, and the previous games have made use of the standard jointed Alien Warriors without any issue.

It does hold up when the makers of the first two films hid the legs and the makers of the second two films changed the shape.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jul 15, 2014, 03:02:30 AM
The tiny runner in one of the AvPs was dumber.

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 15, 2014, 02:00:32 AM

It does hold up when the makers of the first two films hid the legs and the makers of the second two films changed the shape.

You just ignored my point and changed the nature of the discussion. We're talking about previous games. Not the films. The argument that it doesn't work in a game does not hold up when it has been done and nobody had yet complained about it, until now.

SM

SM

Tough titty?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I'm not gonna stop griping about it, SM.

And while we're at it, let's talk about the bonus situation...  :D

Randomizer

Randomizer

I don't like the Triple Jointed Knees neither . It makes the Alien look like it's slower than with the Double Jointed Knees , like a human . 

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

It looks like a grasshopper...

SM

SM

They're not triple jointed.  And anyway, there is a clause in the AvPG membership which specifically states any deviation from the unholy glory that is Giger's design for a possible intelligent reason must be denigrated.

On penalty of total forfeiture of fanboy card.

No lulz.

windebieste

windebieste

Here, check it out for those insistent that the legs on the creature are otherwise:

Original final design:

Production stills:

...and as it appears in the film:

Nope.  I don't see any triple jointed knees, grasshopper legs... dog legs... or any other limbs of a digitigrade morphology.  And those images are straight from the first film - from production concept to a single frame of shot footage in the final print of the film.  Even if we only see the Alien tumbling out the Narcissus for just a few frames, the shape of the legs are clearly plantigrade and not digitigrade.   So the proof IS there.   It does exist.

So, if this game is intended to be based on the original film, then the level of accuracy depicting the titular character isn't adhering to authenticity.  Ya.  It's missing it's mark, there.  Definitely.

The only way this anomaly can be considered appropriate is not the same creature from the first film.  If that is the case, then why is it sharing characteristics of a human host (the torso and head of the creature from the first film) and a quadruped (the legs of the creature from the 3rd film)

? ? ?

How does that even work?  Is this Alien's genetic heritage based on the host being a werewolf or a satyr... or something?   That's the big question.  ...and how the Hell does that work itself into the story, anyway? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

LOL

-Windebieste.

SM

SM

QuoteHere, check it out for those insistent that the legs on the creature are otherwise:

That would be no one.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Only that the legs weren't really shown in the film.

Ghostface

Ghostface

The queen came from a human and didn't have human legs. Maybe that's a trait of the alien that takes over with time.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jul 15, 2014, 08:22:44 AM
They're not triple jointed.  And anyway, there is a clause in the AvPG membership which specifically states any deviation from the unholy glory that is Giger's design for a possible intelligent reason must be denigrated.

On penalty of total forfeiture of fanboy card.

No lulz.

I don't wanna hear it. I wanna board sevastopol and party!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed