Budget ??

Started by beeko, Mar 07, 2007, 02:58:15 AM

Author
Budget ?? (Read 22,342 times)

dudelove

dudelove

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jun 06, 2007, 10:17:18 AM
I don't really get all the budget worrying.  Considering how many of my fave flicks of all time are quite low budget, I'm all for whatever works best for the project.

Aliens' budget was very low, even adjusted for inflation.  Food for thought.

Operative word, but I get your point. Adjusted wise, Predator is $35 million or something like that.

Still, it seems FOX aren't expecting this to do over $100 million worldwide. In which case sequels will just get done on no budgets, which most likely means present day Earth. Which, might I add, is the worst friggin' idea ever.

Spoon

Spoon

Ture there is alot of really great low budget movies but I would like you to pick which one of those are a sci-fi flick?
  The budget it needed to make the film look real. I dont know of any low budget film that needed to make suits and use computers for special effects. Thats why they were low budget i guess.
  Fox should know it takes money to create a movie like avp. 

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: dudelove on Jun 06, 2007, 12:20:20 PM
Operative word, but I get your point.

I don't want to be argumentative (for a change ;) ) but there wasn't just one operative word.  My entire post was a statement of opinion, nothing more.  I told no one else what to think, only mentioned that the budgets on these films weren't exactly astronomical to begin with.  :)

sothur

sothur

Well, Aliens was made from $18 million (with $1 million straight to Weaver), that's about $32 million adjusted. Also, it was much cheaper filming in the '80s, less rules, cheaper crew, more work for the same money than today. And Aliens is such a packed film, you can see every cent spent on the screen. So don't expect a miracle from $25 million in 2007.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

i´m not expecting a miracle, i´m just expecting something better than anderson avp  :) it isn´t that hard

beeko

beeko

if the budget is less than half that of AVP, and the trailer action/effects look this good,better than the whole of AVP, the brothers have done very well with the dollars they were given. any idea of budget yet ??

Major Alan Schaefer

well they worked as visual effects supervisours so their great at what they do

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

To be honest, while it is still lackluster in the thrill department, the first AVP still has better visual effects than what we've seen in the trailer.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Sep 06, 2007, 01:57:57 AM
To be honest, while it is still lackluster in the thrill department, the first AVP still has better visual effects than what we've seen in the trailer.
we haven't sen enough to judge that completely

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

Note my final three words "in the trailer"

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Sep 06, 2007, 02:03:37 AM
Note my final three words "in the trailer"
well that's true...but of course vs a trailer a movie would have better effects i think the movie will have some impressive effects...

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

That would be counter-productive seeing as it would be the trailer's job to show off some of the best parts of the movie, but yes, let's wait and see.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Noir-Gojira on Sep 06, 2007, 02:11:56 AM
That would be counter-productive seeing as it would be the trailer's job to show off some of the best parts of the movie, but yes, let's wait and see.
i am sure the Bros have much up thier long sleaves

arnold23

arnold23

And remember the effects are not done yet...I sure with their background theyll have some cool stuff.

Noir-Gojira

Noir-Gojira

I'll believe it when I see it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed