New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 119,171 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2020, 05:31:02 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 21, 2020, 05:08:20 AM
Well there have only been 3 Cloverfield movies and as far as I can remember all three of them were pretty up-front about their titles (although 2 of the 3 started as unrelated spec scripts, but were never marketed as such).
10 Cloverfield Lane was only revealed as the title to the cast and crew an hour before the trailer dropped.
That's a pretty wild thing to do to the cast and crew, but it was still marketed to the public as a Cloverfield movie.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 21, 2020, 05:31:02 AM
QuoteI dunno, I think it's a fun marketing "twist" and it definitely increased my hype for the Blair Witch sequel when they pulled a "gotcha" with the marketing.
It made me completely miss that there was a Blair Witch movie coming out until I heard people's reactions to the reveal -- by which time it was right before the film got released.
Did it get you to see the movie?
I guess what I'm wondering is, do you need a certain amount of lead-up time before a movie comes out for you to go see it? Like, if this new Predator movie had secretly been in development and was suddenly coming out tomorrow, would you watch it?

ace3g

ace3g

Quote from: Jacku on Nov 21, 2020, 01:38:07 AM
Dan's tweet makes me think the first teaser for this film wouldn't even be called Predator and we'd only know it was a predator film by hearing a classic predator sound in it or something.

Film sounds like it could be brutal. I'm imagining something like Predator meets The Revenant.

Disney is about to announce the adult section of Disney plus soon aren't they? Wonder if this would come up.

Apocalypto meets The Revenant

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Nov 20, 2020, 10:38:51 PM
I wonder if Marvel has any part in this. We got new books in 2021 so I wonder if that'll have anything to do here.

If they jettison ADI it does make me wonder what an ILM Predator would be like.

I've always wanted to see what Weta could do with a Predator movie.

goose_3387

I'm ready for the inevitable...

ADI failing to get the mouth right.

Bigger 'Super' Predator.

Finding a way to shit on the original design.

"We're doing something fresh with the Predator franchise".

But we've been here many times before so I'll be hyped right up until the films release with the hope that this is finally the movie we've been waiting for as fans.

Kradan

You gotta be joking

TStyx

I kind of hope it'll be a small budget affair and the story and characters are more impressive than any special effects.. Ive been reading some "If it bleeds" short stories and they would be great to base a smalll film on.

Anyway life's too short to complain and be miserable. I think it sounds great and I'm looking forward to seeing it!

BlueMarsalis79

Okay whatever what's the Alien thing?

Billiken

I'll be interested to see how they take out a Predator with a bow and arrow.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 21, 2020, 09:04:25 AM

Honestly, this. Hicks can't just drop that and walk off.  :P

PVC

Hi  true predator fans.  This is good news   Rather than talking hours about this , just wait for it and give it a chance.  Why not. You know , after " the crap of 2018 .... Anything will be good. What are we waiting for ? A story , reel actors ( no more " thought " guys acting like shit ) , a good musical score , good rubber costumes ( no more ADI crap ) hello WETA ......some good cgi       no more politic... Stupid jokes...gender crap .... Blm ...FBI ... CIA ... No more secret agency ... No more millions $...no more ..DNA bla bla ... No more stupid ironman killer costume ...no more... Kid s stuff    No more Flagg stuff , no more bigger army crap ...clone crap ... Robot shit ....no more bad director or screenwriter... No more reboot ...remake ..... No more blockbuster .... No more box office....
America is native's land. So ... Why not after all      A movie with a Native & yautja spirit !!!    Trees , desert , wind , animals , men , women and a ( or few ) predator     A simple movie with a great story.       That s  all I want     Come on Dan T       Be good on this    I'm waiting  for so long , for a good predator movie    I don't want to see this monster dying.  Regards

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Nice, I actually made a promise to myself to never look forward to another Predator movie but this actually sounds a little bit promising. Also regarding those who say it can't be made in the current movie climate:

1. It's a female protagonist as a warrior, Disney will LOVE that and make no mistake, this is the reason the movie got greenlit. Also, keep in mind, there is precedent for female comanche warriors and scouts.

2. This film costs literally nothing to make, especially if they go with unknown actors. Probably be 20 Million or something and that Will guarantee its financial "success", even if it's just going to rake in 60 million. Think blumhouse and not traditional Fox movies. My guess is the predator screen time will be kept to a minimum which makes absolutely sense if your main goal is to focus on the comanche as a people.

In the worst case, it will be another bad Predator movie that almost cost no money. In the best case, we might actually get a gritty new entry. I'd tell them to go full art-house/apocalypto with native comanche language and only english subtitles. Make it authentic with an eerie atmosphere instead of an action piece.

bb-15

Very good news that Disney gave the OK for a new Predator film.
This raises my hopes that Disney might also approve a new Alien movie in the near future.

;)

BlueMarsalis79

A Alien project's already in progress.

seattle24

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 21, 2020, 09:04:25 AM

;D ;D

A couple of news stories broke yesterday about Sigourney Weaver returning. Their source was a Hollywood insider on twitter.... hopefully we hear something imminently. TV series or an Alien Isolation adaptation-of-sorts would be my dream announcement.

Billiken

As soon as I heard this, I immediately thought of a new alien film. I do love the prequels but I think it's going to be something new.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Tangakkai on Nov 21, 2020, 10:23:34 AMI'd tell them to go full art-house/apocalypto with native comanche language and only english subtitles. Make it authentic with an eerie atmosphere instead of an action piece.

I'd be down for this, but I get the feeling most people wouldn't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed