AvP-3 POLL Would you go see another sequel?

Started by Slugworth, Dec 26, 2007, 07:07:35 PM

Based on what you saw in AvP Requiem, would you go see another sequel?

Hell yes!
190 (54.8%)
I'll check it out.
59 (17%)
I don't think so.
12 (3.5%)
Hell no!
27 (7.8%)
Yes, and the Brothers Strause should direct it.
22 (6.3%)
Not sure, would take some convincing.
37 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 304

Author
AvP-3 POLL Would you go see another sequel? (Read 41,548 times)

wolfboy

The problem with Anderson's movie was that there was little action AND focused on crappy characters whereas AvPR had better/more action, shitty characters, shit plot, and shit pacing. AvPR was more of a sidegrade than an upgrade.

AvP gives the impression that the movie fails for not having enough battles (in general). After AvPR, we now know that you can't win people over by splicing in a bunch of random action sequences. When people with bad taste in movies can tell your characters are crappy, you know you've failed and have to hope the action is enough to draw them in. You'd need action of 300 caliber for that to work. If your audience isn't engaged with the story or characters when the creatures aren't on screen, it'll fall flat...just counting down the minutes 'til they pop up again.

Also, the Strauses don't know how to tell a long story yet or know how to direct actors. They look like they're stuck in music video mode with quick editing and cliffnote pacing, only telling the short version of the story. They should tackle some other projects and deeply analyze good movies seeing what makes it work before attempting an AvP3. The visual effects are down, so work on the other areas.

Slugworth

Slugworth

Quote from: wolfboy on Feb 14, 2008, 12:51:36 AM
They look like they're stuck in music video mode with quick editing and cliffnote pacing, only telling the short version of the story. They should tackle some other projects and deeply analyze good movies seeing what makes it work before attempting an AvP3. The visual effects are down, so work on the other areas.

I completely agree with you.  I definitely think they're on the right track, and if they are involved in an AvP3, hopefully they will have learned a bit from the mistakes they did make. But honestly, the Aliens and Predator movies have never used the same director twice, so...
Maybe that doesn't mean anything though.

Slugworth

Quote from: stephen on Feb 14, 2008, 12:39:34 AM
Quote from: Slugworth on Feb 13, 2008, 08:09:43 AM
Quote from: stephen on Feb 13, 2008, 05:23:42 AM
Lol - is this where I chime in and say check out my fan fic?
Ya, I've read it, and it's great. The Sydney Opera House was a nice touch. Have you ever considered writing a screenplay for another AvP story?
Thanks - i've been thinking about it.  Lately I've been thinking about a Predator 3 story.
I think you should do it... why not?  And if the studio doesn't take notice, you can always just make a website that features all of your fan-fiction.  It would be a great way to show off your writing talent, and maybe someone might then take interest.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed