AvP-3 POLL Would you go see another sequel?

Started by Slugworth, Dec 26, 2007, 07:07:35 PM

Based on what you saw in AvP Requiem, would you go see another sequel?

Hell yes!
190 (54.8%)
I'll check it out.
59 (17%)
I don't think so.
12 (3.5%)
Hell no!
27 (7.8%)
Yes, and the Brothers Strause should direct it.
22 (6.3%)
Not sure, would take some convincing.
37 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 304

Author
AvP-3 POLL Would you go see another sequel? (Read 41,548 times)

Slugworth

Quote from: SyntaX on Dec 26, 2007, 08:37:18 PM
They COULD hire Cameron back and let the Strausses work along with Cameron to deliver some good action scenes?

My option would be, dunno ... I need some convincing.

That would be cool, but Cameron's already bashed all that is AvP.  I don't know if I have faith in his work anymore anyway... I'd rather see someone new come on the scene and do something cool with it.

It's a shame how Ridley and Cameron can't be gracious enough to accept that they contributed to something great, something that sparks the imagination...  and naturally, fans want more.
I don't think the fans need these dinosaurs anymore.

cliffhanger

dinosaurs? have you even like bothered to see what movies they did just moments ago?

both guys will kick the lilly ass out of straus, anderson and friends....hell, even ripley hated the AVP movies.....

wolfboy

Because I'm a flippin' idiot that will watch any AvP movie they release, I would go but I don't want them to make another one.

Slugworth

Slugworth

Quote from: cliffhanger on Dec 26, 2007, 09:12:44 PM
dinosaurs? have you even like bothered to see what movies they did just moments ago?

both guys will kick the lilly ass out of straus, anderson and friends....hell, even ripley hated the AVP movies.....

I just meant "dinosaurs" as in they're old... I know what they've done recently (and in my opinion, Cameron hasn't done sh*t)  I just think it's time to give others a chance.  I totally understand why the film-makers and stars of the original movies would be upset over AvP... they're  probably really proud of the work that they've done and don't want to see it defaced in any way. I'm just saying they could be a little more gracious about it.  The Strause Brothers have nothing but praise for Cameron... and Cameron just keeps talking sh*t.

And of course Cameron and Ridley are better directors than Anderson and the Brothers, I never said they weren't...
but Sigourney Weaver sucked in Alien Resurrection... so, whatever.

frankaster

the avp-r animatronic where one of the best i've ever seen, maybe the BIG problem here it's the dam script... and i think that the big badp problem with the writters strike made imposible to fix it...

but i prefer p3... without any alien reference and a kickass script and character like the 1st film...

Krisjohn

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 26, 2007, 08:00:50 PM
As with any film, how can we possibly judge, when we have no idea about what the story is or who would be involved in it?

I don't know about you, but I tend to decide if I want to see a sequel at the cinemas based on how good the previous movie was.

Example: I will not be seeing Wolverine in any way that costs me money because Xmen 3 was shite.

I didn't go anywhere near Alien Resurrection until I found out it was written by Joss Whedon, which I think was well after it had left the cinemas.

Since I really enjoyed AvP-R, I'm very willing to line up to see the next one during its first week at the cinemas.  I *hope* that it contains the plot elements I want to see (more Weyland-Yutani please), but I'll go even if it doesn't.

Unless they do something as stupid as the Mummy 3's actor swap for Evelyn. Pull that crap and you might as well be direct-to-DVD.

Hudson

I would see AvP 3 only because I'm a fan.

wolfboy

This franchise is nothing more than a cash cow for toy figures and memorabilia now.

SiL

I'd only see AvP3 if the Bros weren't touching it, the Aliens looked like Aliens and it wasn't so bloody one-sided.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Cellien on Dec 26, 2007, 07:22:41 PM
You should have added a "Not sure - Would take some convincing."  Cause is the ONLY option I would pick.  As of right now, I am very disappointed and not sure if I would go.. but if they come back with some seriously awesome stuff.. then yeah.. I'd be back in the theater.

Same here. And this time, I'm putting more credence in the reviews. If it's universally panned, I'll be catching the sequel in my local Blockbuster.

Alan Dutch Schaefer

yes i would knowing that the Strause brothers will hopefully get a bigger budget and therefore can make it longer, better, more character development, and in space  :D

Airidok

I would love to see a 3rd AVP movie. And in space? Freaking great. :)

Quote from: SiL on Dec 26, 2007, 10:11:53 PM
I'd only see AvP3 if the Bros weren't touching it, the Aliens looked like Aliens and it wasn't so bloody one-sided.

HOLY FREAKING CRAP! I haven't been able to open ONE AVP-R thread without seeing a pissy comment about the movie made by you. SURE, we all have our rights to like, or hate a movie. You hate it, we get it. Now freaking shut up about it. Quit your whining.
Am I new here? Yes. Do I care if you're a "respected" member here? Not really. I was fine with you hating this movie. I clicked on the first, second, third and fourth AVP-R thread, seeing you bashing the movie, I was even OK with that, but now I'm just annoyed at the fact that I can't read one AVP-R topic without seeing you, pissing on the thread and the movie, but mainly, the Brothers Strause.

You didn't like the movie, fine. That's your god given right. But come on, get of your fat a$$ and get out of the house. Stop sitting in your computer chair cyber-stalking every single AVP-R thread made on this site.
We freaking get it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Dec 26, 2007, 10:11:53 PM

And no Shane. Nothing against the Brothers, I just like keeping to the new director tradition.

SiL

Quote from: Airidok on Dec 26, 2007, 11:07:03 PM
HOLY FREAKING CRAP! I haven't been able to open ONE AVP-R thread without seeing a pissy comment about the movie made by you.
I didn't mention AvPR in the entire post, let alone a negative mention. And I said I didn't want the Bros to return before I saw the movie, as a matter of principal - One aspect I really like about the series is that each has a new director. I'd like to see this trend continued.

QuoteBut come on, get of your fat a$$ and get out of the house. Stop sitting in your computer chair cyber-stalking every single AVP-R thread made on this site.
And yet if I said that to a positive person, I'd be banned for insulting someone. Mmm, justice!

CanadianHero67

Hell yeah i'd see a AVP 3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed