1987's Predator Stalks UK Cinemas November 9th

Started by Darkness, Sep 27, 2017, 03:50:57 PM

Author
1987's Predator Stalks UK Cinemas November 9th (Read 23,995 times)

Russ

I'm taking my daughter to Feltham.

BigDaddyJohn

You guys are lucky ;), nothing like that where i'm from :'(

ace3g

blood.

Quote from: Highland on Sep 29, 2017, 01:40:22 AM
I just checked Australia and it was the 12th of July here. I feel slightly sick. Still Blade Runner tonight might make up for it.

Mate, if you're in seq... event cinema in brisbane is playing it on the 12th for the anniversary but it's a private company that rented one of their theatres so tickets can't be purchased from event cinemas, they need to be pre purchased online

Corporal Hicks

Do you have a link handy for those interested?

Whiskeybrewer

blood.

SiL

Mother dicker, I might just go to that.

Scorpio

I liked the movie but the predator was shoehorned in.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Scorpio on Nov 09, 2017, 03:42:44 AM
I liked the movie but the predator was shoehorned in.

::) Your trolling is just getting silly now.

Tonight's the night for me.  ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Its gonna be a fun packed screening

jimmyboy

I saw this at Vue Bristol. I too have seen this film more times than I can count. The pq was the best I've ever seen it, ok so it was the dnr version and no grain in sight but I thought it was stunning. Some of the detail was very good, particularily Macs sweat beads after firing off Ole Painless. But.... There were a few  scenes where the image was out of focus probably due to the original source (??) but I'm not complaining. Sq was spot on. Was ace seeing it on a big screen.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, was definitely the recent digital remaster done for the Blu-rays. The DNR is pretty bad early on in the briefing scene but otherwise I think it's fine. If anything, what I really noticed in the cinema was the audio. Found myself hearing dialogue I hadn't picked up on before, noticing some of the dips in the audio quality. I love seeing these films on the big screen, always find some new detail or something I miss out on at home.

My screen was pretty busy too which I was really glad to see.

Whiskeybrewer

Yeah it was fantastic to finally see and hear it on the big screen. Hearing some of the dialogue clearer than I heard before. It was strange hearing the sound as Mac "Shaved" *stop shaving you don't have a beard*

I swear there were a couple of extra shots I'd never seen before. Just little pieces here and there.

The film even had a few laughs in my audience lol

Although one guy tried to ruin it by taking pictures of the film. He was forced to leave when he was caught. His mates didn't leave with him though lol

jimmyboy

I too thought there was an extra shot in it. Right before you see the crashed helicopter, it was just a shot of the jungle I thought I hadn't seen before. Weird.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed