Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover)

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 11, 2015, 12:07:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover) (Read 137,347 times)

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Spoiler
Quote from: XenoZipper on May 04, 2016, 07:23:36 PM
Just finished reading #3 as well digitally. It was so so, a mixed bag for me as well. I didn't like the use of the "This time it's war" tag line on the cover. I think they should let the covers speak for itself rather than relying on old used tag line to try & sell. The Rucker moment was nice I'll agree, didn't mind the one Predator near the end holding the dude, neat mask anyway. Didn't like how the art looked on the dead Predators. The hair bothered me, I know, such a small little thing. I do wonder however why this has been set up since the beginning to be a 17 part story, seems to me there's gonna be some slow moving issues to come in the future to stretch out the story but hopefully I'm wrong & it'll just get more awesome as it goes. Now I'm ready for Defiance #2.
[close]

I'm curious about these points. I have yet to read this series.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 04, 2016, 08:39:04 PM
Quote from: XenoZipper on May 04, 2016, 07:23:36 PM
Spoiler
Just finished reading #3 as well digitally. It was so so, a mixed bag for me as well. I didn't like the use of the "This time it's war" tag line on the cover. I think they should let the covers speak for itself rather than relying on old used tag line to try & sell. The Rucker moment was nice I'll agree, didn't mind the one Predator near the end holding the dude, neat mask anyway. Didn't like how the art looked on the dead Predators. The hair bothered me, I know, such a small little thing. I do wonder however why this has been set up since the beginning to be a 17 part story, seems to me there's gonna be some slow moving issues to come in the future to stretch out the story but hopefully I'm wrong & it'll just get more awesome as it goes. Now I'm ready for Defiance #2.
[close]

I'm curious about these points. I have yet to read this series.

Sorry I should have put Spoilers in front of my post, I certainly don't intend to ruin things for people that haven't read yet. It was more so just art style for certain shots I either didn't like or didn't mind. The story itself is ok, just slow starting but like I said, 17 issue run so it's probably bound to go slow in spots. I do honestly wish long stories like this were bi-weekly rather than monthly cause I get them all on day 1, read them so quickly & then I'm stuck sitting around for another month to continue.

*Added spoiler tag in the quote - Corporal Hicks.

The Alien Predator

It's alright, you didn't ruin anything for me. But it'd be a good idea for to put it in spoiler tags for other people.

I agree, I wish this stuff would be a weekly thing. But the stories themselves could be monthly, so the Predator segment is done in this month, then Prometheus next and then Alien and so on.

happypred

happypred

Gonna purchase digitally today...

Just hope it's not just additional build-up. It's the penultimate issue for crying out loud

It's more build-up...f**k

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XenoZipper on May 04, 2016, 08:56:44 PM
Sorry I should have put Spoilers in front of my post, I certainly don't intend to ruin things for people that haven't read yet. It was more so just art style for certain shots I either didn't like or didn't mind. The story itself is ok, just slow starting but like I said, 17 issue run so it's probably bound to go slow in spots. I do honestly wish long stories like this were bi-weekly rather than monthly cause I get them all on day 1, read them so quickly & then I'm stuck sitting around for another month to continue.

*Added spoiler tag in the quote - Corporal Hicks.

It does seem like Fire and Stone went a bit quicker. Though they were releasing multiple series at the same time. I do prefer this chronological release schedule more. I'm not minding the slow build up. I am eager to see where it goes.

Russ840

I enjoyed the issue 3. I think the slow build up is important. This is essentially one 17 part story. It's working to establish the characters. Witle them down a bit.

One or two of these marines, I suspect, will be our hero throughout the whole story.

SM

Stick around for issue 4.

happypred

It's 17 issues...but the Predator arc is ending. Was really hoping for better Predator action (and less stereotypical gung-ho marines). The former frontally charges marines with their wristblades...the latter just stomp around, bantering and shooting from the hip. I was expecting some intelligence

It looks like I'll have to wait until the AvP arc

Corporal Hicks

XenoZipper

I honestly like this black & white version a lot more than the final colored product. Kinda wish they'd do another black & white comic it's been a long damn time since Dark Horse last did one for Aliens or Predator.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 05, 2016, 02:31:08 PM
Another piece from Brian: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFAJN17ktbu/

Oh hey it's the Kenner Cracked Tusk (or Lava Planet) Predator.

Ultramorph

It has the Cracked Tusk coloration in the comic.

426Buddy

Yeah the black and white art is fantastic and much better without color.

happypred

Colour version is just as cool IMO

Corporal Hicks

I'm really enjoying the artwork for this one too. I think it works really well for the series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed