What would be a proper ending for David?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 06, 2018, 11:17:49 PM

What would be a proper ending for David?

1. David creates the biomechanical Alien, and then it is destroyed by his creation.
7 (12.5%)
2. David creates the Queen, and then it is destroyed by his creation
0 (0%)
3. David is destroyed by the Engineers.
5 (8.9%)
4. David is destroyed by the Space Jockey of LV-426.
1 (1.8%)
5. Somehow, David becomes the Space Jockey of LV-426.
2 (3.6%)
6. After discovering that he was recreating an imperfect version of the Alien created by the Engineers, David commits suicide.
5 (8.9%)
7. David has his own "Tears in rain" monologue, and then he dies.
0 (0%)
8. David is killed by Walter.
1 (1.8%)
9. Beheaded and burned with a flamethrower by Daniels.
0 (0%)
10. David is killed by Tennesse.
0 (0%)
11. David is killed by Covenant's computer "Mother".
0 (0%)
12. Somehow, David's consciousness is transferred to Ash.
2 (3.6%)
13. David transfers his consciousness to Jonesy (see Altered Carbon).
0 (0%)
14. He performs his own version of hell (like Satan) on Origae-6 and plans to travel to Mankind's Eden on Earth to release the chaos and corrupt the God's creation.
5 (8.9%)
15. After meeting the creator of the Black Goo, David was transformed into a fetus, and became a Star Child.
1 (1.8%)
16. After becoming a Starchild, David is able to manipulate space-time and ends up creating the Engineers and triggering a cosmic paradox.
1 (1.8%)
17. David is killed in a motorcycle accident like his hero  T. E. Lawrence.
3 (5.4%)
 18. He ends up like the titan Prometheus, tortured for eternity.
6 (10.7%)
19. David survives and has a key role in a sequel set in the distant future of the timeline, post Alien Resurrection.
3 (5.4%)
20. Similar to the previous option, but with David meeting Ripley / Ripley 8.
1 (1.8%)
21. David is hunted by a Predator, and his head ends in a Yautja trophy room.
1 (1.8%)
22. In a final battle on LV-426, David infects the Engineer flying the Derelict - and the Derelict lands on David.
1 (1.8%)
23. David's journey ends in an LV-223 infested by Deacons.
0 (0%)
24. An unknown or ambiguous fate.
2 (3.6%)
25. David dies trying to achieve the ideal of the Ubermensch through his Perfect Organism.
1 (1.8%)
26. A facehugger can successfully impregnate David, after the android becomes a real boy (probably an Engineer thing).
0 (0%)
27. David got infected by a new kind of morph, which can use a robot as a host.
0 (0%)
28. David finds the most complex experimental facility ever built by the Engineers (the source of the AI that we nicknamed black goo) and he transfers his robotic consciousness to the alien machine creating the original Space Jockey in the process.
1 (1.8%)
29. Similar to the previous option, but with David being turned into the sacrificial Engineer from the beginning of Prometheus.
0 (0%)
30. While David is creating his army of Xenomorphs in Origae-6 (using the Covenant's colonists as guinea pigs in his experiments and as hosts for his deadly creations), the synthetic android is eventually confronted by the Engineers in an epic battle.
2 (3.6%)
31. David dies but discovers that Black Goo is like dinosaur DNA preserved in amber: the genetic material of a long gone lost world inhabited by the morphs (or xeno-like-beings) or even by the true Space Jockeys (the Engineers were charlatans, after all).
0 (0%)
32. Everyone is a robot, except David. And in an unexpected twist, it is revealed that the whole setting of the prequels it is, in fact, one of the Westworld's theme parks.
2 (3.6%)
33. Before his death, it is revealed that David is an Assassin fighting against the Order of Knights Templar (Weyland Yutani) and the Engineers are in fact "those who came before". Ie, David's trilogy is actually a crossover.
0 (0%)
34. David becomes a sacred idol for the Engineers in the form of a giant monolithic head.
1 (1.8%)
35. David is going to achieve, until a certain point, the Weyland's goal: immortality by transferring his robotic consciousness to MU-TH-UR 6000 and maybe other machines such as Ash. Ie, a parasite just like his creation.
1 (1.8%)
36. The same as above but with living human host (like Carter Burke for example), and in a post-credit scene it is revealed that Robert Morse is David.
0 (0%)
37. He wakes up and realize it was all just a dream, everything from Prometheus and Covenant.
0 (0%)
38. As the above option, but the dream is Alien: Covenant ... since David has been in a coma for 10 years on LV-223 after being beheaded by the Engineer. For more understanding read the Reply # 90.
0 (0%)
39. He needs the Lambert treatment.
0 (0%)
40. David creating the ultimate Mother Queen that becomes god to engineers while David fall into eternal dreaming state
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Author
What would be a proper ending for David? (Read 23,007 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Wweyland on May 08, 2018, 05:38:30 PM
His mind should start malfunctioning more and more (already hinted at in Covenant) and basically die of Android Alzheimers, a sad little death for that evil bastard. Or perhaps he realizes this and chooses suicide instead.

Given that he does have some human traits like emotions, it's only natural that he made a mistake with ozymandius. He's been mistreated and undervalued by those around him for God knows how long. Weyland was middle aged when David was created, in Prometheus he was ancient and days away from dying. There's no telling exactly how long David had put up with people's crap by then. His being alone for years did not help his mental stability. He's not malfunctioning, he's just going mad.

David is far more human than he realizes. His being an android will not protect him from his creation when the day comes, Just ask Bishop if it works. The Noemorph David encountered may have just been temporarily confused, or not as intelligent as the xenomorph. Had Oram not intervened, it may have destroyed David 5 seconds later. I don't see David killing himself, or being killed by the engineers. He'll fall victim to the all too human flaw known as hubris. He will create the circumstances of his own death. To die from ignorance, and to realize he is no better than the pathetic humans he despises, is the most cruel fate he could meet. He is not special, he is no visionary, he is no god, he's a flawed individual who is unknowingly crafting his own downfall, and is not worthy of "Valhalla".

whiterabbit

Man this has gotten too complicated and over blown. The Alien universe dosen't give a shit about me or you or some asshole android in the ass end of space created by an old fool. It's going to be a simple death for David. He's probably going to get crushed by a derelict space craft. Like sister, like brother.

Huggs

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 08, 2018, 09:22:27 PM
Man this has gotten too complicated and over blown. The Alien universe dosen't give a shit about me or you or some asshole android in the ass end of space created by an old fool. It's going to be a simple death for David. He's probably going to get crushed by a derelict space craft. Like sister, like brother.

Don't discount a hobo with a shotgun.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Huggs on May 08, 2018, 09:33:00 PM

Don't discount a hobo with a shotgun.
The Engineers are technically hobo's. It would be too good for him.

bb-15

bb-15

That's one way to go.
My dream ending for David is;
- Engineer explorers see the destruction of Paradise.
- They find Walter and put him back together.
- Pissed off Engineers with Walter as their guide track down David and rain hell down on him.
A Deacon vs Xenomorph fight would be great but I don't think it would fit the budget.
- Even though David was destroyed, unfortunately he had Xenomorphs overrun one of the juggernauts which has a panicked Engineer who takes off trying to get to LV-223 (but instead crashes on nearby LV-426) and that becomes the derelict.
- As for Daniels and the colonists, maybe a few of them escape and are able to help the Engineers destroy David.

Anyway, just a thought.

;)

Edit; clarity

whiterabbit

David's demise should be a hedonistic irony.

Baron Von Marlon

David dying because of a xeno, human or Engineer seems to "normal" and predictable.
Getting infected is an option but we'd see it coming if he's made him self more biological or something.
Maybe he'd up on table like Shaw by the hands of the Engineers, but conscious. Tortured for eternity like the titan Prometheus.
And he'll be the one saying "Please, kill me."
But I think it'll be something we didn't think of.

Immortan Jonesy

If David becomes aware that he is superior to his father Peter Weyland, I suppose we can expect the same thing from the Perfect Organism toward its creator.

whiterabbit

David will live forever, inside a tiny little lamp.

Immortan Jonesy

Death for snu snu or nothing.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on May 09, 2018, 02:30:39 AM
If David becomes aware that he is superior to his father Peter Weyland, I suppose we can expect the same thing from the Perfect Organism toward its creator.

https://i.imgur.com/jCZro2J.gif

That's freaking me out, seriously.

dave1978

I didnt read all the options but my thinking fo the next film is that somehow David manages to use his own artificial person DNA, if he has anything like that to create the perfect Xenomorph as we know it,  more biomechanical that the fleshy alien in Covenant.  However once he has done it he realises he has gone too far, becomes the space jockey and crashes on LV426 trying to destroy what he has created.

whiterabbit

Well that is exactly what most of us are thinking will happen. That he will in a way sacrifice himself to create the perfect organism. I mean shit that could be how an AI would think. Life probably doesn't have any meaning once you fulfill your primary programing or perhaps giving birth is important to him. The artificial person wants to be alive and can only achieve that through death. Yet it doesn't want to not exist so he's passing his dna to his child. The xenomorph.

Nightmare Asylum

David is the Space Jockey.

The Cruentus

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 09, 2018, 04:42:25 AM
Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on May 09, 2018, 02:30:39 AM

https://i.imgur.com/jCZro2J.gif

That's freaking me out, seriously.

Its only Ourobous  :laugh:

Although the Xenomorph would have to possess a high level of sentience/sapience to be able to be so self aware that it could compare itself to David.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed