Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien

Started by Darkoo, Dec 17, 2011, 02:26:48 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Prometheus, Giger, Beginning of Man and Original Alien (Read 105,862 times)

Billy_mx

Because at some point , just like with Star Wars his creation now belongs to the fans. He has an obligation to us, and shouldn't mess up what we have followed for years, if not decades. Fine, don't follow the comics, books, hell even the AVP movies, but at least try to be in line with the Alien and Predator films.

Hopefully this will be part of the Alien Universe, just another branch from the whole Universe. Maybe the SJ are at the core, and the new ALien will just be another creation like the Xenomorph. Who knows, maybe at some point on a sequel both of the Alien creations will croos paths?

I do have faith come the end of the movie he will hint on the creation of the original Aliens

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 20, 2011, 04:32:13 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 20, 2011, 01:42:32 PM
Quote from: Cecil on Dec 20, 2011, 05:39:23 AM
So then that would also contradict Predator 2.

http://modernsophist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/dope-exploding-head.jpg

Scott better make it all weird and mysterious so we cant tell cause if he messed up P2 ...... im out!
Why would Scott have an obligation to not retcon a gag from another movie?

Mr. Clemens

Scott has no more of an obligation to Predator than he does to Spaceballs.

(i.e. none)

Engineer1

Engineer1

Come on Predator and AVP have nothing in common with the original ALIEN quadrilogy.
Those movies were either just completely different universe for the first and for the second fanboys wet dream cash cows with zero artistic integrity.
Why people keep bringing them in here?
If you take them seriously then any book or comics sanctionned by fox has to be taken into account?
I dont think so.
Alien quadrilogy is its own thing, it's own universe and Prometheus is taking place in it.
The rest has no meaning here.

ryanjayhawk

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 05:34:56 PM
Come on Predator and AVP have nothing in common with the original ALIEN quadrilogy.
Those movies were either just completely different universe for the first and fanboys wet dream cash cows with zero artistic integrity.
Why people keep bringing them in here?
If you take them seriously then any book or comics sanctionned by fox has to be taken into account?
I dont think so.

Alien quadrilogy is its own thing, it's own universe and Prometheus is taking place in it.
The reste has no meaning here.

There is Alien, There is Predator, There is Alien Vs. Predator... each it's own parallel dimension of one universe and each seperate... nothing wrong with any of them but they should be seperate to their own dimensions...

Engineer1

Engineer1

Agreed.
Love Predator universe for what it is.
I'm less fan of AVP even if i find them to be well done movies.
It's mostly their scripts that sucks major ass.

But ALIEN is it's own thing.
PROMETHEUS comes from ALIEN but it will go on its own way.

ThisBethesdaSea

In my dojo...there is PROMETHEUS and there is A L I E N. That's it.

Gash

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 05:46:41 PM
Agreed.
Love Predator universe for what it is.
I'm less fan of AVP even if i find them to be well done movies.
It's mostly their scripts that sucks major ass.

Is there really any way in which AvP:R could be described as a well done movie?

ThisBethesdaSea

People keep bringing it up in here because this is an AvP forum....so it's inevitable.

But, my two cents....the Alien universe is it's own thing...and the AvP films were two-off abominations, a way to make easy cash with tepid talent. The idea of AvP in and of itself is the very definition of mediocrity.

ALIEN began as Scott's baby, he started it and he can take back ownership, period.

I only hope that if this mythos continues in further films, Scott remains as a producer to ensure quality. I love ALIENS but I don't want the epic saga that Prometheus introduces us to to be bastardized and dumbed down for summer fair, of which James Cameron seems to do so well.

Engineer1

Sorry but ALIEN is not more clever than ALIENS.
That you prefer Scott's style and approach to a material doesnt make Cameron actioner approach dumber.
He wrote his own script that expended further the ALIEN universe without betraying it or rehashing it, created great characters and a very neat evolution to Ripley.
I doubt that Scott would have the greatest respect for CAMERON's body of works if he tought it was dumb.
Personal taste is something, being a bit objective sometime is also good.
I don't like everything in Cameron's (he tends to let go some of his harder side, in order to get his movie done betraying sometime his original intentions) but i think he's the only one that makes good big actioner movies that don't insult it's audience.

Sorry for the off topic.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Kimarhi on Dec 20, 2011, 03:36:07 AM
If the Aliens were created at the end of prometheus then they wouldn't be around during the present time the AvP movies were set in.

So far as I know, there are no indications that we'll see the Aliens, as we know them, making a first ever appearance in the upcoming film. They'll have still been around for a while before it. Don't see any reason for this one to state otherwise, especially because it'll seem so odd when compared to the fossilised creature's apparent age in the original film.

It was never intended as a joke. Just a cameo reference.

Corporal Hicks

I'm sure there was some sort of implication somewhere that the events of Prometheus led to the creation of Aliens are we know them.

Engineer1

Engineer1

It was from what i know the original prequel plan.
With the Derelict crashing in the end on LV426.

But now not so sure.
37 years to get to that fosilised Space Jockey seems to short to me (but there is this theory that since it's only a suit it could get to that state faster when the user dies).
In my mind since Scott dont want to go back to the old facehugger and xeno, the xenos are an old weapon already in use for eons.
And that PROMETHEUS will se the birth of a whole new monster or monsters...
And by the way Scott is mocking the original xeno he seems sure to have something pretty scary in his sleeves.

Corporal Hicks

That would be fantastic. A whole new direction in a familar world.

Valaquen

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 20, 2011, 06:25:31 PM

It was never intended as a joke. Just a cameo reference.
Interchangeable terms for me, personally.

ThisBethesdaSea

I didn't mean Cameron was actually dumb...FYI... 'dumbing down' means something a bit different.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed