What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 154,442 times)

Jeri

Jeri

My first exposure was Aliens,

Lol begged my mom to buy because the cover art looked awesome; boy it was epic.. (2003)
I was 7 years old; love you mom!

Fell in love with Alien '79 year later  :laugh:

Randy1209

Randy1209

the first AVP movie. I had a comic book with an ad for it in there and it piqued my interest at 11.

hooligan1970

hooligan1970

me? I was fascinated by the aliens and immediately after seeing alien I realized that there were unlimited possibilities for breeds and I have been using literally all of my spare time learning all about them and plotting a full breed chart of every known possibilities for a xenomorph. they are Extraordinary creatures that I want to see a lot of in future movies and games.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I always thought a Mosquito Xeno would be horrifying.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

That just reminds me of Eric Red's Alien 3 script too much for me to ever consider the idea with anything but ridicule and disdain :P

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

My first exposure to the franchise was via the old first-person 'Aliens' game on the Amstrad when I was about 8 years old. It was an old cassette game, the type where you could set it off loading then go away and have your tea for half hour and it still wouldn't be ready. The game was incredibly ambitious for its day but we had no idea what was going on. Switching the viewpoints of the different marines was cool though and boy was it scary. I can still remember the motion tracker sound effect now...

This weird gaming experience led to me eventually watching Aliens just to try and figure out what the story behind the game was. I caught a showing on ITV and missed about the first hour. But jesus what a ride, and I remember being immensely proud of my young self that I predicted Hicks would be the one to survive.

After that it was Alien 3 on home video, then Alien a few years after that. I was still too young to watch Resurrection at the cinema so AVP remains my first theatrical experience.

windebieste

windebieste

Oh, nice.  I saw 'ALIEN' and 'ALIEN 3' each on their opening nights.  I'd actually forgotten I'd seen 'ALIEN 3' when it was released until I found my old free complimentary ticket to the movie.  Normally, such tickets are surrendered at the door but somehow I managed to keep mine.  I did attend the session with a large group from the Melbourne Science Fiction Club, so that may have influenced the outcome.

I may have seen 'ALIENS' on opening night too, but I can't justify that claim.   There's a good chance I may have (The MSFC would often receive such promotional tickets) and I did see the movie with a group of friends from that club.  A club I've been a member of for over 30 years, now.

All the movies since then, I've just attended standard theatrical sessions.  So, yeah.  I have at least seen all the movies at the cinema the first time I've watched 'em.  Some of them on opening night. 

Right now, I'm thinking if I get the opportunity, I might head north to Sydney for the 'ALIEN: Covenant' opening night.  I think that would be fun.   That is, if I can get tickets.

-Windebieste.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 21, 2017, 03:12:34 AM
Oh, nice.  I saw 'ALIEN' and 'ALIEN 3' each on their opening nights.  I'd actually forgotten I'd seen 'ALIEN 3' when it was released until I found my old free complimentary ticket to the movie.  Normally, such tickets are surrendered at the door but somehow I managed to keep mine.  I did attend the session with a large group from the Melbourne Science Fiction Club, so that may have influenced the outcome.

I may have seen 'ALIENS' on opening night too, but I can't justify that claim.   There's a good chance I may have (The MSFC would often receive such promotional tickets) and I did see the movie with a group of friends from that club.  A club I've been a member of for over 30 years, now.

All the movies since then, I've just attended standard theatrical sessions.  So, yeah.  I have at least seen all the movies at the cinema the first time I've watched 'em.  Some of them on opening night. 

Right now, I'm thinking if I get the opportunity, I might head north to Sydney for the 'ALIEN: Covenant' opening night.  I think that would be fun.   That is, if I can get tickets.

-Windebieste.

I saw Aliens on premiere night here in Adelaide way back in the mid 80s - won tickets from a local radio station. I still have some of the gifts given out that night. See the link below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKHzT6djq40/?taken-by=waynepsaila

Xenohunterprime

Xenohunterprime

While I was vaguely aware of the franchise from a young age, it wasn't until I caught a bit of Predators on TV late at night and played the 2010 AvP game that I became a true fan of the franchise.

Darkblade 25

Darkblade 25

The first predator movie made me a fan however I really loved aliens it also brought me into avp.

BlazinBlueReview

BlazinBlueReview

I don't recall if I posted anything yet in this thread. So figured may as well contribute even if I may have already done so.

Growing up I remember the first Predator always playing on WGN or other channels during the weekends. Whenever it was on, my dad and I always would turn it on. It was one of our great movie experiences ill always remember.

Then it was followed by Predator 2. It fueled my passion for the sci Fi genre.

In the summer leading up to AVP, I remember commercials playing 24/7 on G4 originally TechTV.   And on AMC they were always playing the Alien films. I had seen pieces of Aliens. But fondly remembered ALIEN from a family movie night. So I was able to watch the Alien films with a fresh perspective. This time everything clicker and been a huge fan of the frsnchises since.

Crew Expendable

Crew Expendable

My Dad & Uncle were massive Aliens fans since my Grandpa took them to see Aliens in the theater when they were kids, so my dad wasted no time getting me into the movies. I don't remember exactly when I became a fan because of how young I was introduced to Alien but my earliest memory of my fandom was my Uncle giving me the Kenner Queen Alien figure (Who immediately started slaughtering my star wars toys  :D ) when I was 5 that still sits on my shelf today with my massive collection of Alien figures, movies and games, as my favorite piece!

Just a friendly Xenomorph

When I was in 4th grade, I was supposed to do an assignment on studying if aliens were real. Accidentally I stumbled upon a picture of a xenomorph. I clicked on the link and it took me to a website containing all the AVP lore (Xenopedia). I bookmarked it and spent a few days reading about it and studying it (instead of school). After a few weeks I became a total AVP geek from all of the current films at the time. Over time I just became even more immersed into the franchise. Now I'm here.

Praetorian Guard

Praetorian Guard

I first saw the first Predator movie when I was 6. I loved it. Then on Tv, I saw Alien, and my mom said it was a classic. So i gave the first Alien movie a shot, and whoa... That's some good stuff. My brother had the two AvP games for the PC. I asked him "Why are these two characters from different movies are in the same game?" He said they're both from the same universe. It was no crossover or anything. These two warriors crossed paths somewhere in the galaxy and fought to the death with the badass colonial marines in the fray. I played as the Alien in AvP 2 campaign. You think after knowing all that I knew back then, wouldn't make me a fan of both, the Alien and Predator? It was quite the thrill for me. I thanked my mother for Alien, and my brother for the games.

XenomorphWarrior225

XenomorphWarrior225

I first watched Alien when I was 12, and I have loved the franchise ever since.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed